Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
Arizona Hotshots
Atlanta Legends
Birmingham Iron
Memphis Express
Orlando Apollos
Salt Lake Stallions
San Antonio Commanders
San Diego Fleet
View Results

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chris James 2 posted:

They're regularly tweeting fans excited about the game with the hashtag

Also this
https://twitter.com/aafiron/status/1091017203091234817

It's official #ForgeOn ⚒

I want to change my allegiance to this team because of #31 giving himself the fish hook in the team photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

on the bored wop posted:

Each team has four NFL affiliate teams. You could see who links up with your NFL rooting interest and use that.

If you think I'm rooting for the same team that a Falcons fan is, and is based in Atlanta, you're out your drat mind.

But Birmingham is somehow affiliated with the Bills, Patriots, Steelers, and Browns :psyduck:

Man these affiliations are nuts. Birmingham with a random NC State out of nowhere.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

weird Asian candy posted:

Join me and #GoShots

I can't quit Trent Richardson.

Edit: Can we somehow get this image of Hackenberg in the OP

waah fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 5, 2019

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Do you like knockoff Raiders colors?

Do you miss the days of Trent Richardson missing holes like this?

Do you like having an assistant coach looks like she might be instead trying to be Mega Man villain in case this league doesn't work out?

Are you morbidly curious to see if Birmingham can make the biggest stadium in the league look more full than a LA Rams game?

Are you ready to dress your infant in the colors of a team that may not exist this time next year?

Well I have the perfect team for you gentle goon!

The Birmingham Iron:

The Iron are led by head coach Tim Lewis. Lewis was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the first round in 1983 as a CB. He was really good and then... well...

quote:

CB TIM LEWIS

Before the injury: Lewis was the Packers’ first-round pick (No. 11 overall) in 1983. He had prototypical size and was one of Green Bay’s best players throughout a three-year period during which the Packers had 8-8 records in 1983, 1984 and 1985. Lewis had five interceptions as a rookie, seven interceptions as a second-year player and four interceptions in 1985. Lewis still holds the franchise record from a 1984 interception that he returned 99 yards for a touchdown against the Los Angeles Rams.

When everything changed: Sept. 22, 1986 vs. Bears.

How it happened: During a Monday Night Football game, Lewis was covering Chicago receiver Willie Gault, who hauled in a 6-yard catch before the collision. Lewis, then 24, lost all feeling in his extremities and didn’t regain it until later at the hospital. Lewis actually suffered a similar injury in 1984, though it only kept him out of two preseason games. Packers head coach Forrest Gregg assumed this second time would be the same as the first in that it would keep Lewis out only a week or two. However, Lewis was told by doctors to retire after they diagnosed him with a narrow spinal canal. "It was something I was born with," Lewis told reporters at the time. "The doctors said a shock like that again might sever the spinal cord."

From then to today: A year after the career-ending injury, Lewis began his next step in life as a football coach. His first work came at Texas A&M, followed by a three-year stint as defensive backs coach at SMU before he held that same position at the University of Pittsburgh and then with the Pittsburgh Steelers. From 2000-06, Lewis was an NFL defensive coordinator, first with the Steelers and later with the New York Giants. He’s most recently been the secondary coach of the Carolina Panthers and defensive backs coach of the Seattle Seahawks and is currently the secondary coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Lewis has been a coach in every season since his injury.

Yikes.

We saw defensive line assistant coach Lori Locust already, let's check in with the coach who's going to fix Trent Richardson.

:stonk:

Still not enough for you to root for the Iron?

Our kicker is Nick Novak, who's been cut by the Chargers 3 times, so you know there's going to be some blown kicks.

We got Chris Davis, who you may know as this guy:
https://youtu.be/Y8oH8QcYIm8

Yes, the fact that a guy who ripped out Bama's heart and soul is going to be on a team in Alabama makes me happy on the inside.

There are some other players and names and people with fully functioning arms and legs but if this picture Ryan White (#31) doesn't convince you, nothing will.

#ForgeOn

waah fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 5, 2019

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Colostomy Bag posted:

I can see how this may place a great strain on your marriage. Who is the lady coach?

That'd be assistant D-Line coach Lori "Lo" Locust.

Here she is talking about how she just wants to be a coach, not a female coach.

https://youtu.be/k6ElLnAA2Lo

She interned for the Ravens and was an assistant coach for the uhhh... Lehigh Valley Steelhawks?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Don't care, there's a chance I can be watching a "professional" football team with an offense led by Johnny Manziel (if the Alouettes get rid of him) and Trent Richardson one day in the near future.

It'd be almost as glorious as the Curtis Painter led Colts.

Edit: What if Peterman went to the AAF and went like lights loving out throwing for something gawdy like 9 touchdowns.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I just enjoy having different bros than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Gonz posted:

I just watched a QB get sacked so hard, that his helmet flew off and landed a good 10 feet away from his body.

No penalty.

God bless the AAF.

https://twitter.com/BarstoolBigCat/status/1094412358183718912

I think that might be just a legit hit. He might have been a touch high, but it looks like he puts his head right in the dudes upper chest.

That's the type of penalty the golden boys in the NFL get every day, but the Nate Petermans get the refs swallowing their whistles.