Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

I will note that some of the other aggregator sites have a lot more chapters if anyone is still interested after finishing what is on mangadex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nemo2342 posted:

I will note that some of the other aggregator sites have a lot more chapters if anyone is still interested after finishing what is on mangadex.

Please list.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This site is a personal aggregator of aggregators and I find it very usful on keeping up to date with everything across multiple sites.

https://www.kenmei.co/

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

Please list.

https://manga4life.com/manga/Otome-Game-no-Mob-desura-naindaga is where I've been keeping up on the series

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

I saw the J-Novel Club talk upthread and wanted to throw in three newly localized series that I know are good and one less recent one that managed to keep my interest.
  • Only I Know That This World Is A Game: Thread veterans probably know it as Nekomimi or "the buggy piece of poo poo isekai." Unfortunately, while looking it up on Mangadex to see if it was what I remembered, I found out that the manga they're translating got canceled, so while I wouldn't recommend following along with this, I would keep an eye out for if they start localizing the light novel. Hopefully the light novel managed to get to where the web novel ended.
  • Crash Course in Naughtiness, which isn't an isekai, was surprisingly wholesome despite its title. It helps that the "naughtiness" is at the same level as the torture in 'Tis Time for Torture, Princess. Use that free first part to decide whether you like its brand of humor.
  • The White Cat's Revenge as Plotted from the Dragon King's Lap made the interesting decision to deemphasize its titular revenge in favor of what I found to be an interesting twist on the somewhat rote "girl favored by spirits" story.
  • I know at least one goon in this thread was singing the praises of Knight's & Magic. It's a good, clean fun fantasy mecha series knowing the beginning part and what I managed to see in Super Robot Wars 30.

I'll report back if I find any other worthwhile isekai series from J-Novel Club that haven't been mentioned in the thread in the massive pile of Kindle books I'm going to import into Calibre later.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

MayOrMayNotBeACat posted:

I saw the J-Novel Club talk upthread and wanted to throw in three newly localized series that I know are good and one less recent one that managed to keep my interest.
  • Only I Know That This World Is A Game: Thread veterans probably know it as Nekomimi or "the buggy piece of poo poo isekai." Unfortunately, while looking it up on Mangadex to see if it was what I remembered, I found out that the manga they're translating got canceled, so while I wouldn't recommend following along with this, I would keep an eye out for if they start localizing the light novel. Hopefully the light novel managed to get to where the web novel ended.
  • Crash Course in Naughtiness, which isn't an isekai, was surprisingly wholesome despite its title. It helps that the "naughtiness" is at the same level as the torture in 'Tis Time for Torture, Princess. Use that free first part to decide whether you like its brand of humor.
  • The White Cat's Revenge as Plotted from the Dragon King's Lap made the interesting decision to deemphasize its titular revenge in favor of what I found to be an interesting twist on the somewhat rote "girl favored by spirits" story.
  • I know at least one goon in this thread was singing the praises of Knight's & Magic. It's a good, clean fun fantasy mecha series knowing the beginning part and what I managed to see in Super Robot Wars 30.

I'll report back if I find any other worthwhile isekai series from J-Novel Club that haven't been mentioned in the thread in the massive pile of Kindle books I'm going to import into Calibre later.

Super bummed Janky Game Isekai got axed, but will keep an eye out for LN. Knights and Magic was likely me since I read the whole manga and it was good, but sadly cut short from where the LN is at right now. It at least ended on good point and decent high note. If it's J-Novel I never fail to rec Faraway Paladin, Undead Adventurer, and Deathbound Duke's Daughter(seems to be on some kindn of hiatus sadly) as well Dragon Daddy Diaries(local Dragon God adopts adorably precocious girl and becomes the best daddy ever alongside aunties the Demon Lord and her General).

Edit: gently caress Yeah it's the Knights and Magic LN! It's gonna take FOREVER for it to catch up I think(maybe not since there's so much material out already), but MAN is it nice to see it getting a release.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jul 24, 2023

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the manga ended, so the ln is the only way to get the rest of the story.

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

doomrider7 posted:

Dragon Daddy Diaries

Goddammit, you just reminded me of the other Dragon Dad manga that's also from JNC that I'm gonna have to rebuy if I want to read it anywhere in high quality.

At least JNC lets me do it semi-cheaply, and it won't cost much to catch up.

Other than that, Faraway Paladin, My Instant Death Ability, and Quiet Blacksmith Life, which was mentioned earlier (thought it was yet another poo poo male MC isekai, which I've been burnt by three times), I think I've got all of the thread's recommendations from JNC that I'm interested in. Once I have all of my books imported I'll report back to the thread other series from JNC I thought were good or provoked a feeling in me. (Unfortunately, I think I am in danger of becoming the Leonard Maltin of Light Novels, given that I previously scoffed at Tearmoon Empire.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Only three times?

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Clarste posted:

Only three times?

OP is either very lucky or extremely discerning in their reading choices

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

MayOrMayNotBeACat posted:

Goddammit, you just reminded me of the other Dragon Dad manga that's also from JNC that I'm gonna have to rebuy if I want to read it anywhere in high quality.

At least JNC lets me do it semi-cheaply, and it won't cost much to catch up.

Other than that, Faraway Paladin, My Instant Death Ability, and Quiet Blacksmith Life, which was mentioned earlier (thought it was yet another poo poo male MC isekai, which I've been burnt by three times), I think I've got all of the thread's recommendations from JNC that I'm interested in. Once I have all of my books imported I'll report back to the thread other series from JNC I thought were good or provoked a feeling in me. (Unfortunately, I think I am in danger of becoming the Leonard Maltin of Light Novels, given that I previously scoffed at Tearmoon Empire.)

I think S Rank Daughter is also theirs. Will most DEFINETLY be checking this one out.

For those interested, here's the link for Dragon Daddy Diaries.

Dragon Daddy Diaries: A Girl Grows to Greatness

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
The Unwanted Undead Adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEaW9p7LXvc

khy
Aug 15, 2005

OK, this is really really dumb.

But it's also really funny.

https://mangadex.org/title/720466f8-2eee-43a5-893b-67f9190c04ae/isekaigaeri-no-moto-yuusha-desuga-death-game-ni-makikomare-mashita

The MC is Isekai'ed into another world! Then comes back.

Now he wants to go on a school trip. Except he's been kidnapped along with his class and they have to complete a death game where they kill each other. If only he still had his powers wait he totally does.

It's so stupid. But I can't help but laugh. Especially during the 2nd arc, where there's a dude trying to jigsaw them and the MC completely ruins all the traps. And he keeps making the lamest excuses.

Warning : There is underwear during one part, but it's not too horny.

khy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 4, 2023

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

khy posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/720466f8-2eee-43a5-893b-67f9190c04ae/isekaigaeri-no-moto-yuusha-desuga-death-game-ni-makikomare-mashita

Now he wants to go on a school trip. Except he's been kidnapped along with his class and they have to complete a death game where they kill each other. If only he still had his powers wait he totally does.

It's so stupid. But I can't help but laugh. Especially during the 2nd arc, where there's a dude trying to jigsaw them and the MC completely ruins all the traps. And he keeps making the lamest excuses.

Desudesu is such a tragic and compelling character.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
A Saintess gets accidentally Isekaied to Japan. It is a chill and wholesome story for now. Though have a suicide trigger warning for the first chapter to be save.
https://mangadex.org/title/24f2c925-4f84-4a7b-9901-ca3289f3a891/seijo-wa-tokku-ni-shoukansareteiru-nihon-ni

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

khy posted:

its funny because everyone else is totally the stereotypical stock character you would see in a trashy death game story.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

khy posted:

Now this is my kind of "slow life" isekai.
The general fired a nuke at the island because his sick plans were thwarted? Well just summon loving Bahamut and have him cast mega flare on everything :smug:

Gotta fight for that nice, relaxed school trip.

VictualSquid posted:

A Saintess gets accidentally Isekaied to Japan. It is a chill and wholesome story for now. Though have a suicide trigger warning for the first chapter to be save.
https://mangadex.org/title/24f2c925-4f84-4a7b-9901-ca3289f3a891/seijo-wa-tokku-ni-shoukansareteiru-nihon-ni
That it takes an hour to summon someone away is very messed up. Not sure where the plot is going, but I think the MC is going to have a more direct goal now given the current chapter's ending.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Onean posted:

It's been on a hiatus for a while, but a new group's picked up The Mochi I Drew is Tasty Today Too, so I figured I'd mention it.

"This just keeps being really charming. Helped by a big bird friend, heals and befriends some pegasi and unicorns, makes a human friend, stops a poaching rin-wait, what?"

:stare:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

Kodansha does a yearly award for the manga that it publishes and it decided that Shangri-La Frontier was the best shonen title
https://twitter.com/kodansha_en/status/1678314402054041600?s=46&t=X6-Ut4Z5gjBZ_q10eeG_mg

It also says it’s no Skip & Loafer but hell, what is?

Must've been decided before the current filler arc. Someone save me from the worst fighting game concept ever conceived.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

really surprised to see Shangri-La Frontier on there

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

Must've been decided before the current filler arc. Someone save me from the worst fighting game concept ever conceived.

I’ve been loving the dumb fighting game arc as both a change of pace and as a way to show off Sunraku’s skills without further breaking the MMO.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The fighting tournament had some nice parts when the other people where doing cool things, with the MC waiting for his turn. Otherwise it is indeed the worst.

It is also a prime example of manga writers somehow never interacting with actual sports or games in any way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the deranged bombings of civilians as a legitimate strategy was both baffling from a design standpoint and really funny

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VictualSquid posted:

The fighting tournament had some nice parts when the other people where doing cool things, with the MC waiting for his turn. Otherwise it is indeed the worst.

It is also a prime example of manga writers somehow never interacting with actual sports or games in any way.

We have never advanced from Stardust Crusader's F-Mega game design.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Shangrila Frontier's asides to other weird full vr games is one of the best parts of the story. It makes the setting feel a lot more whole when the "big game" is not the "only game".

The fighting game stuff is kinda silly but not much more than the stuff we let pass in SLF.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
It isn't much different from the bugged fighting game when they introduced K and Akane, or the mech game which introduced Rust and Mordo. This sets up Sylvie as the next SLF player.
Also, Clockfire's battles were hilarious and the fact that they are in a predicament because Pencilgon went too trigger-happy is also a nice twist.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sunraku's also like 90% likely to pick up a trick on Cursed Prison that he'll bring in to clear the abyss city. Maybe some strategy for Psyger-0, or maybe something to do when C'tarnidd declares it Speed Opposite Day.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the most in-character outcome and also the most entertaining one would be if he discovered a game breaking bug with the character and exploited it to win the match

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

super sweet best pal posted:

I think the most in-character outcome and also the most entertaining one would be if he discovered a game breaking bug with the character and exploited it to win the match

Keep in kind he's not there to BEAT Sylvia, just stall for time(whether he even COULD is up for debate as well since even he admits he's only 40 - 60 vs Oicazzo in Cazzo's favor.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

40% win rate against a professional is pretty good.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nihilarian posted:

Not exactly the win ratio you want in a fight to the death though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

khy posted:

:geno:

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

You were warned twice lol

khy posted:

khy posted:

It's so stupid. But I can't help but laugh.

The first arc is "well that escalated quickly" on repeat, the manga; the second is "what if the supporting characters shared one overworked brain cell for decision making"

If it took itself seriously I'd have dropped it immediately though

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I see, yes, karate explains everything

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Okay, the MC's solution to the lasers literally letting himself be sliced into pieces was definitely unexpected. I had imagined mirrors or going intangible or something, and the manga absolutely fooled me about what was gonna happen.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95f_-HW0fco

New SLF trailer.

Nihilarian posted:

This actually got explained in the latest chapter using actual real world logic. Sunraku is such a wildcard in terms of his playstyle on top of actually BEING really good and a fast learner that he'll catch you the first few times/rounds, but then lose the remainder as you start to figure him out. Basically, his 40% win rate is him winning the first four, but losing the last six after.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 9, 2023

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't think it's as clear cut as he wins 4 and then loses 6 but otherwise yeah, that makes sense

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nihilarian posted:

I don't think it's as clear cut as he wins 4 and then loses 6 but otherwise yeah, that makes sense

True. I have heard that it is a real world phenomenon in the fighting game scene where complete newbies sometimes give pros a hard time due to the the complete randomness of what they're doing.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
^See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEVcZ3anG0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

both look pretty noobish to me