Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I love .hack and join my discord.

Anyways, Idr a story about a salary man who has the power of importing goods via a merchanting ability who befriends a werewolf creature who follows him around for meals. Together they go hunting and sell all the monster parts for gold and here's is when I forgot the title. It had nice art and part cooking manga too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Crabtree posted:

I'm still kind of confused why CyberConnect2 bothered modernizing the better .hack games. Even weirder that it seems to have worked and jump started the company into making -- a "Trilogy of Vengeance' coming out around this year with a Little Tail Bronx game, Fugue on the Battlefield, be some Dangan Ronpa like tragic war game about furry kids surviving an anthro war on a giant tank that sacrifices souls to shoot. Tokyo Ogre Gate, which looks like mixture of Devil Summoner's Raidou Kuzunoha with the Shinobi series. And Cecile which is -- uh, a Bayonetta with a Gothic Lolita Witch fighting with her transforming umbrella?

Oh, and a Dragon Ball Z RPG also maybe coming out this year too.

For a company that's been making mobile games and Naruto, I'm kind of shocked they have this big of a fire under their rear end all of a sudden and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing for dot hack.

Sorry was that too video gamey for anime talk?

EDIT: I think the newest not remake material of the franchise is 2015's .hack//Bullet, but that's just a web novel at the moment. Its about as Insane as anything else releated to .hack, even though this is farther than I ever cared to know about its batshit world after the cult of old doomsday french women try to lock everyone into the internet.

It was the 15th anniversary of .hack and fans had been asking for a remake for awhile. Also, in the perfect timeline CC will be working on a new .hack for the current gen beyond mobage.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I still like .hack because it was the first time I'd encountered the concept of a MMO and having internet friends. Like up to the point I never played a game where you interacted with strangers to complete side quests, check the BBS, mail and missions even though it was a fake MMO setting. Also, this was before a ton of isekai series popped out later so it was cool to think that you (Kite) would be involved in saving the virtual world.