Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"we are gonna have to exploit somebody" seems to be the thing you are trying to prove but you aren't being very clear about that for some reason and also not proving it very well

Wealth as the ability to decide who gets exploited and to what ends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Can we keep money?

I know wealth is bad, but getting rid of money seems real loving dumb. People will just invent something else to be money.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Eschat0n posted:

Intellectual property like copyright, patent, and trademark are to be viewed explicitly as (perhaps necessary) inefficiencies.

Monopoly of any market in an economy is to be assiduously avoided for many reasons: because they remove jobs via economies of scale

Unions may represent monopolies of worker markets;

Mandatory union fees constitute rent-seeking

The minimum wage should not be strictly enforced and deemphasized or abolished

gently caress all of this nonsense, tbqh.

Calling a IP "inefficiencies" is overly reductive. Without IP protection there's less/no incentive to work hard to create something original, which is a plain worse state to be in, not just a 'less effecient' one.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

I caught the inherent stupidity of the first part but not the immediate contradiction.

:negative:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Or more effort into connecting your mishmash of ideas to your lovely policy conclusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Eschat0n posted:

nation states absolutely serve a useful function, and yes they must absolutely take taxes. but that tax should not be mandatory. That is the position I take.