Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Postmodern marketing

e: postmodern page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GrandmaParty posted:

I think we're going to have to make the third ending.

not it

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
It's like in The Matrix, if you're The One you won't need to find the third ending. You'll just Know.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

iospace posted:

It's the friends we made along the way.

Evangelion TV ending congratulations scene here.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Vella: congratulations
Micheal: congratulations
Rory: congratulations
Claudio: congratulations
Chandra: congratulations
Essentia 2000: congratulations
Alex's Mom: congratulations
Sammy: congratulations
Panda: congratulations
Dali: Meow

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sour Gumdrop posted:

Vella: congratulations
Micheal: congratulations
Rory: congratulations
Claudio: congratulations
Chandra: congratulations
Essentia 2000: congratulations
Alex's Mom: congratulations
Sammy: congratulations
Panda: congratulations
Dali: Meow

:perfect:

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

GrandmaParty posted:

Imagine 4 Alex's standing on the edge of a cliff.

That's how the joke goes right?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Hell with it.

The third ending is clearly Evangelion’s Third Impact.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Where is the part where Alex masturbates over a severely injured woman's unconscious body

or is that just the whole game

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Where is the part where Alex masturbates over a severely injured woman's unconscious body

He does, and her name is Elisa Lam. :smith:

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's just the whole game. And the woman actually existed and actually did tragically die.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rotten Red Rod posted:

But instead of "I'm so hosed up" he looks at the camera and says "you know, you're not so different from me"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Hemingway To Go! posted:

But instead of "I'm so hosed up" he looks at the camera and says "you know, you're not so different from me"

"It's a metaphor."

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
And instead of Hideaki Anno telling his audience that they're a bunch of creeps, it's Not-Alex hi-fiving the player with the wet hand.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Man, can't wait for Rebuild of YiiK: A Post Modern RPG in about 15 years.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Rory, you're worthy of my grace.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Alex would say that, then try to backpedal with the "irony" defense

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GrandmaParty posted:

Once upon a time,

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Help, I can't stop laughing at this image!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

Once upon a time,

There was a message board named onanism which was a place online to share information about spooky encounters and unsolved mysteries. Eventually that board was shut down by the owner as they matured and moved on with their adult life. But the demand for a place to share spooky stories remained, and a new message board was created to share some things that are awful.

Thus, Something Awful was born. Welcome to the start of the Third Ending!

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

value-brand cereal posted:

Thus, Something Awful was born. Welcome to the start of the Third Ending!

So you're saying this is a sequel hook, and the next game has Slenderman.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sour Gumdrop posted:

:stare:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

And then Lowtax was the demons.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Sour Gumdrop posted:

Yes. This time a male character based on a real life person who disappeared under violent and horrifying circumstances is kidnapped by slenderman. You also get to jerk off over their dead body, literally. Its equality, you see. Yiikuality.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

value-brand cereal posted:

Yes. This time a male character based on a real life person who disappeared under violent and horrifying circumstances is kidnapped by slenderman. You also get to jerk off over their dead body, literally. Its equality, you see. Yiikuality.

plausible

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

So that 3rd ending record thing was re-uploaded so I cloned it this time so everyone can read it without worry: Here

And it looks like the discord is getting taken over by trolls, so if there was ever a time to stand and deliver Andrew, now would be the time.

Edit: Also apparently the reason the 3rd ending hasn't been released is due to Andrew getting sick from his trip overseas.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 6, 2019

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
So, on a scale of 1 to post-10, how postmodern would you say this RPG is?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:justpost:modern

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Perfect example of the genre!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Cathode Raymond posted:

So, on a scale of 1 to post-10, how postmodern would you say this RPG is?

I mean, if you wanted a semiotic analysis in the vein of Derrida, one could comfortably say...[fills the rest of this post to the character limit with lorem ipsum, looks back on it smugly]

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm actually gunna go out on a limb and say that there actually MIGHT be some postmodern themes in Yiik, although probably not intentionally so. Alex never once grows or changes in any meaningful way, despite being set up as an unlikable character that needs to learn to not be an rear end. He thinks he's the most important person in the universe, and surpsie, he is! He monologues about how he learns lessons and how lovely he's acting, but he never actually changes his behavior.

So through the game's terrible writing, it kind of accidentally becomes postmodern.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

"I'm Alex and you are too. No... he's the two of us together."

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Inspector Gesicht posted:

"I'm Alex and you are too. No... he's the two of us together."

But who is the walrus?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Maybe the reason for the third ending never actually coming is that Andrew is actually Ellen Rimbauer, and cannot die while the game is incomplete. He will be perpetually working on the game but never be happy with how the third ending plays out, so will live for a thousand years through eternal patches.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

BioEnchanted posted:

Maybe the reason for the third ending never actually coming is that Andrew is actually Ellen Rimbauer, and cannot die while the game is incomplete. He will be perpetually working on the game but never be happy with how the third ending plays out, so will live for a thousand years through eternal patches.

Does he die if Steam pulls it for being broken?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
"Andrew once asked a woman out on a date. She fled, all the way to Egypt. He is quoted as saying 'drat all women...'"

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

And a great cry rose through all Egypt, and the multitudes cried out in fear.for the time of Yiik was upon them. And to Yiik it was given it should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the dialogue of Yiik was shaped as excrement from an anus, and poorly crafted as a thing of cheap plastic. In its dungeons were unsolvable puzzles, and its characters bore the mark of uninteresting exposition. And it had a king over it, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue was Abaddon, but whose name in English was Alex.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Andrew is missing.

The Yiik discord has locked the third ending channel and now discussion of it remains only in whispers behind the scenes.

Let's shut her down, boys.

Yiik is gonna die the way she lived

A big

Wet

Fart.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
We're throwing the doors back open motherfuckers because Third Ending exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDf5gfDpSn4&feature=youtu.be

FROM A SINGLE SPANISH LANGUAGE ACCOUNT WITH NO SUBSCRIBERS THAT'S CERTAINLY NOT ANDREW ALLANSON.

Seven days of discussion before we archive this baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
gently caress