Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://mobile.twitter.com/paulschwartzman/status/1093324736799612930

This means he did a rape btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

attn whoever runs for the inevitable special election, here's your slogan: "ive never even been to virginia"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Breakfast All Day posted:

attn whoever runs for the inevitable special election, here's your slogan: "ive never even been to virginia"

lol

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politics/fairfax-kavanaugh-lawyers/index.html

Virginia lt. gov. retains Kavanaugh's lawyers. His accuser hires Christine Blasey Ford's.

resign bitch

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
bobby scott is a huge piece of poo poo btw

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol "i am not from this hosed up state"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

on the bright side at least wearing blackface is seen as bad now. remember ted danson?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

R. Guyovich posted:

on the bright side at least wearing blackface is seen as bad now. remember ted danson?

Billy Crystal did blackface at the Oscars this decade

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

R. Guyovich posted:

No I did not

:captainpop:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Billy Crystal did blackface at the Oscars this decade

he did. also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIJ53t7Pgag

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
As an actual Virginian, and a citizen of the great city of Richmond, all I have to say to you scumbag outsiders is....

Its true. It’s all loving true. It’s a nothingburger to us because it doesn’t surprise us one bit.

I will say this one thing in defense of Northram... You guys have no idea of the pure evil that this guy is holding back. Our Commonwealth is the home of Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, plantations-as-tourist-sites, Liberty University, and more loving rebel flags than a NRA sponsored NASCAR race. we still have monster trucks.

Hell, I read a family genealogy that spoke fondly of my ancestors’ slaves. “Look! It says right here we took them to a doctor! That’s not so terrible!” -my mom.

I love my home commonwealth but drat, we got problems.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Virgin Virginia

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gazpacho posted:

Yes, Virginia, there is a sambo clause

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

he was a missionary so almost certainly yes

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

country roads, take me home
where the blackface still belongs
it's virginia, mountain mama,
take me home, country roads

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
The virginia is for lovers logo uses the black face color scheme, and i wont make it, i wont, i wont ask for it to be made, but it could.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Mfw when southern whites start acting a fool.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg/220px-William-Tecumseh-Sherman.jpg

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
My alabamian friends/in laws are staunchly saying this poo poo doesn't happen in the deep South and is strictly a coastal elitist thing to do blackface, which is pretty funny

KKK hoods are a different story I'm sure

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

doing blackface around alabama whites probably has a good chance of getting you extremely hosed up, as they’re liable to take you for an actual black person

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the only upshot of all this is watching Republicans being torn between condemning the blackface or defending the blackface

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm gonna lose my healthcare because Virginian aristocrats can't stop doing rapes and racisms and that will directly compromise medicare expansions

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
went to bar trivia last night and sombody's team was called "virginia is for lovers of blackface"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GalacticAcid posted:

went to bar trivia last night and sombody's team was called "virginia is for lovers of blackface"

when the khashoggi story was big there was a team that named themselves "bone sawdi arabia"

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9-7VVP5WTM

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1093567324819316736

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

jesus christ virginia

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

yeah but thats just typical GOP

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

i am more upset at the idiots shocked that poo poo like this happened than the idiots who actually did it

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

My alabamian friends/in laws are staunchly saying this poo poo doesn't happen in the deep South and is strictly a coastal elitist thing to do blackface, which is pretty funny

KKK hoods are a different story I'm sure

I'm pretty sure there's been at least one or two blackface Halloween costume minor scandals, but it's true you don't see it much here. That said the Greek systems at both UA and Auburn are unbelievably racist in several other ways.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

in fairness we largely remember that one because it wasn't seen as an ok thing then

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

was this before after or during when he dated whoopi goldberg

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

:sherman:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

jesus that aim message sound brought back memories

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al ! posted:

during. at her direction, actually

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Al ! posted:

Holy poo poo it gets worse but apparently Whoopi dared him to do it

https://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/dansons-racist-humor-appalls-crowd-at-roast

quote:

They cringed in disbelief during the opening monologue by actor Ted Danson, Whoopi's lover, who appeared in blackface and used the word "friend of the family" more than a dozen times during a series of jokes that drew smaller and smaller laughs, until finally the audience was groaning and Danson faltered as he tried to plow through his written material.

At one point he even ate watermelon.
Goldberg, seated next to Danson, laughed and smiled at the material. Speaking last, she defended her friend: "Let's get these words all out in the open. It took a whole lot of courage to come out in blackface in front of 3,000 people. I don't care if you didn't like it. I did."

Goldberg said in a statement Saturday that she knew what Danson and other speakers were planning and that "made the day particularly fun because these were people who love me.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Al ! posted:

It was while he was dating her, he wore it to like a roast of her or something. It was extremely hosed up and I believe she was complicit.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Guys I think the woman who defends literally every hollywood rapist might not be a good person.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
the 80s were something else man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
reading racist literature by elif batuman is a good essay about the play An Octoroon by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, which is really good and features blackface as a motif

anyway cheer's