Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

If I was him I wouldn’t resign. It’s not like he has a re-election to worry about and running for senate or president is DOA. What can other democrats offer him to convince him to resign?

Maybe a lobbying or consulting gig but the firm that hires him is gonna have some explaining to do.

the sooner he disappears and is forgotten the sooner he can take those jobs without notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what im getting out of this is either that no one actually reads their yearbooks or the yearbooks at this particular school are priced really high so the wrong kind of students cant look at them

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

well lets face it how many democrats can there be who havent worn blackface or raped people and are still considered electable by republican whisperers

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Bob McDonnell posted:

This presents a unique opportunity for Virginians for Reconciliation, and many other groups that are working on this, to have some significant truth-telling and honesty and forgiveness and repentance and a frank discussion about where we are. You know everybody’s got — it seems to me — some things that they have in their life, some prejudices, some biases that need to be examined and extracted from their life. And perhaps this event will allow Virginians to confront the ugly and evil legacies of slavery and Jim Crow and say: ‘Where do we go from here? How do we how do we do better making this a just and equitable and fair society?’

Clarence Page posted:

That’s why I think it would be enlightening, to say the least, if Northam had decided to fight back with a more clear-eyed sense of purpose. Instead of dragging his heels on the way to a resignation that appears to be inevitable under his cloud of suspected racism, I would like to have seen him borrow a tactic from Trump’s playbook: deep stubbornness.

For example, Northam could say he won’t leave office unless Trump leaves the White House first. He could point, for example, to the Trump administration’s report last week that officials don’t have resources to reunite thousands of children separated at the border from their parents. Would he have treated immigrants from Europe entering the U.S. illegally that way?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

Guys I think the woman who defends literally every hollywood rapist might not be a good person.

the hilarious part is that her career went to the shitter anyway in spite of having won drat near every award it was possible for a person to win back then as an entertainer now everyone just knows whoopi goldberg as the person who pops up every so often to loudly defend rapists and i doubt younger people even have any idea why shes famous