Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
As an actual Virginian, and a citizen of the great city of Richmond, all I have to say to you scumbag outsiders is....

Its true. It’s all loving true. It’s a nothingburger to us because it doesn’t surprise us one bit.

I will say this one thing in defense of Northram... You guys have no idea of the pure evil that this guy is holding back. Our Commonwealth is the home of Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, plantations-as-tourist-sites, Liberty University, and more loving rebel flags than a NRA sponsored NASCAR race. we still have monster trucks.

Hell, I read a family genealogy that spoke fondly of my ancestors’ slaves. “Look! It says right here we took them to a doctor! That’s not so terrible!” -my mom.

I love my home commonwealth but drat, we got problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

so idk much about us state politics, but there's no way anyone actually resigns because of this, right?

depends on how big it gets. Al Sharpton flew in to Richmond to enflame one of the local HBCUs. I think we have three in the area. He was strangely conciliatory about Justin Fairfax but oh boy, those whiteys.

At this point dems are hoping Trump shuts down the government again. American outrage has a really short shelf life.