Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Is the game as slow as Sunless Seas? Yes yes I know I know it builds atmosphere but as it's a game I like my games to be fun. No way I'm playing this unmodded if it is.

it is significantly faster, but still slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Is the Eleutheria Relay in Albion? I'm not done with Albion yet but it's worth knowing where it is

it was out in the far west of the Reach for me. absolute rear end end of nowhere.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh gently caress, something bad happened to The Dark Spectacled Admiral? :smith: that sucks.

He failed. Everything after that was just salt in the wound.

Skies, in several respects, is a future that should not come to pass. It sucks. A lot.

For example, the Captivating/Incognito Princess? she is the daughter of an undead Prince and a Queen who made a deal with Curators and a Messenger, neither of whom really comprehended human biology or souls, to have both lives extended. her siblings were born human and slowly, horribly transformed by the bargain mom made for herself and hers- the Princess was a creature from beyond the laws of the Judgements from moment one, perfectly and terribly adapted to command that which lies beyond the edge of light.

and Skies is bad enough that THAT has a top priority of hitching a ride on the first engine she sees and peacing the gently caress out asap, because sitting around waiting to pick up the pieces after momma's dominion inevitably falls apart holds zero appeal

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
ahahahahah holy poo poo, fairly deep, may be insane but cool as hell if so

Achlys + Clockwork Sun. if you haven't gone through the major stories there... probably skip this bit

Midnight's take on the Liberation hides something cool as hell with implications for the poor, doomed Clockwork Sun.

"What are the Judgements, if not damned to burn brighter and longer than any in the carrying out of their laws? The pain of a sun is a mighty engine."

they didn't build the Clockwork Sun wrong. they overclocked it. and the price of building a sun that burns twice as hard is that it burns much less than half as long. the old truths of the Red Science apply: descent must match ascent. an exchange that is monstrous, but scrupulously fair. congratulations. Dawn's Law may silence all other Judgements. until it dies. and then...

well, what lies on the other side of Judgement.