Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ghost Dog posted:

id take 6 more patriots superbowls if the legion of boom nickname was collectively scrubbed from history and anyone who used it in earnest was executed

Sorry, it's there in the records forever. Still the last NFC West team to win the Super Bowl, too. :hawksin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Phobeste posted:

Considering that the rams beat the saints they probably would have been shut out

That's the narrative you're going with, huh?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

shirts and skins posted:

Sorry, it's there in the records forever. Still the last NFC West team to win the Super Bowl, too. :hawksin:

what an accomplishment

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I hadn't seen this before lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
NFC Worst

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

If the Saints were in the Superbowl Brady and Edelmen would have lit up whatever the hell the Saints call a secondary and scored 40+ points.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Sean Payton would've thrown different schemes when it was clear things weren't working.

Now I'm thinking about that onside kick in Super Bowl XLIV.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Sean Payton would've thrown different schemes when it was clear things weren't working.

Agreed, the Rams were a tire fire last night, I'm just saying The Saints would have probably lost as well.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ghost Dog posted:

what an accomplishment

It is! I have wonderful memories of the LOB hoisting the Lombardi, and Marshawn Lynch riding on the front of a Duck transport during the Super Bowl Parade through the streets of Seattle.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Android Apocalypse posted:

Drew Brees would have probably completed the open throws he had

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LionYeti posted:

If the Saints were in the Superbowl Brady and Edelmen would have lit up whatever the hell the Saints call a secondary and scored 40+ points.

The Saints defense was statistically a good bit better than the Rams defense all year.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

shirts and skins posted:

It is! I have wonderful memories of the LOB hoisting the Lombardi, and Marshawn Lynch riding on the front of a Duck transport during the Super Bowl Parade through the streets of Seattle.

having memories of only a single superbowl parade sounds pretty rough

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

King Hong Kong posted:

The Rams would have won this Super Bowl if Jeff Fisher had been coaching.

Hopefully these teams have learned their lesson and next season start looking for the next Jeff Fisher.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
McVay just straight giving up on that one drive and running on 3rd and 22 was disgraceful and I’m surprised he hasn’t gotten more flack for it.

That’s something you do in a regular season “let’s just get it over with” blowout, not the drat Super Bowl when you’re tied.

Nov 6, 2002

I think it was more "I don't trust my QB to not throw an interception and setup the Patriots in scoring position when I have a punter who can flip the field."

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Let’s not forget that Goff got sacked on the 3rd down before their lone field goal.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

The Rams and their fanbase of "Is that game?" when the winning FG sailed through the uprights against the Saints didn't deserve to win anyway

i scoff at casual..."normie" fans and it nauseates me to know i consume the same entertainment as them...it's disgusting...they will never appreciate the knowledge that we possess about this game and it makes me angry

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think it was more "I don't trust my QB to not throw an interception and setup the Patriots in scoring position when I have a punter who can flip the field."

Yeah, with the way the defense was playing and the way Goff was playing, its hard to fault him for being conservative there

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sour Diesel posted:

i scoff at casual..."normie" fans and it nauseates me to know i consume the same entertainment as them...it's disgusting...they will never appreciate the knowledge that we possess about this game and it makes me angry

Ok. Good for you with your point and all. But i get extremely mad whenever i realize that being anxious and stressed about football doesn't extend to me any benefit over someone who doesn't care that much and then becomes 'pleased' when fleeting good moments flash across their faces

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Moving the Rams to LA was a sub-Kraft billionaire alcoholic CHUD's idea of smart business, and the world is left with a fraudulent team of moron cowards with no fans that is going to fall apart even more because they went bananas in free agency just so they could die on national TV, and the bills are coming due already. Then Goff will get a $30 million/year contract for padding his regular season passing numbers against the... (looks at schedule)... Cardinals? Yeah.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Man, it's going to be hilarious when Goff stumbles against those Cardinals in their first game next year.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Moving the Rams to LA was a sub-Kraft billionaire alcoholic CHUD's idea of smart business, and the world is left with a fraudulent team of moron cowards with no fans that is going to fall apart even more because they went bananas in free agency just so they could die on national TV, and the bills are coming due already. Then Goff will get a $30 million/year contract for padding his regular season passing numbers against the... (looks at schedule)... Cardinals? Yeah.

If I'm a team I don't go all in like the Rams or Eagles did until Belichick retires. Its just way too much of a risk to end up in cap hell for that shot at a ring and then screwing you over with awful free agent contracts for half a decade afterwards.

Nov 6, 2002

I agree. Please, nobody try to win the Super Bowl anymore until Belichick and Brady retire.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I agree. Please, nobody try to win the Super Bowl anymore until Belichick and Brady retire.

I'm just saying don't trade away much of your future until that happens.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
JFC. The Eagles just beat the Pats last year. The Chiefs probably would have won the AFCCG had they gotten the ball in overtime. Brady is 41! Building a team takes time and nobody is going to wait around for Brady to retire.

It IS pretty funny that the Rams' big shot ended in such a colossal wet fart though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shirts and skins posted:

The Chiefs probably would have won the AFCCG had they gotten the ball in overtime.

lol this guy still thinks Playoff Andy Reid is ever gonna have a different ending than the one it's always had and always will have

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LionYeti posted:

I'm just saying don't trade away much of your future until that happens.

Incredibly stupid posts.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Hard to cite how the Eagles did things as a negative lol, their biggest problem might be that their backup was better than their top draft pick presumptive starter.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Move the Rams to Topeka.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

sean10mm posted:

Hard to cite how the Eagles did things as a negative lol, their biggest problem might be that their backup was better than their top draft pick presumptive starter.

They had to play an absolutely perfect game and its just as likely a few things go wrong they don't win the Superbowl. Then the next year they're lucky to get out of the wild card get smoked in the divisional round then they windup in cap hell like the Rams are going to be.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Teams that beat the Patriots in 2018:

AFC:

Jags
Titans
Dolphins
Steelers

NFC:

Lions

The NFC's best teams can't do what the defenseless Steelers, the imploded Jags, the offenseless Titans and the perennially lacklustre Dolphins did with ease.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

LionYeti posted:

They had to play an absolutely perfect game and its just as likely a few things go wrong they don't win the Superbowl. Then the next year they're lucky to get out of the wild card get smoked in the divisional round then they windup in cap hell like the Rams are going to be.

The Rams are 32mil under the cap lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Teams that beat the Patriots in 2018:

AFC:

Jags
Titans
Dolphins
Steelers

NFC:

Lions

I've never seen something more utterly representative of the modern NFL than this honestly

On any given day, even the worst teams in the league can come from behind for one moment and get a victory that is ultimately utterly meaningless to the one outcome a year that matters. These teams could disappear tomorrow and its effect to the bottom line would have no impact visible, even via the Hubble

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LionYeti posted:

Foles threw a pick, they gave up over 600 yards, and they missed three PATs. if they played a perfect game they'd have blown the Pats out of the water

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Rams are 32mil under the cap lol

Of which Suh, Fowler, Joyner and safflold are free agents and Goff will be next year

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

LionYeti posted:

Of which Suh, Fowler, Joyner and safflold are free agents and Goff will be next year

Not to mention Whitworth is 37 and owed, what, $13.5 mil next year?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I hope the Pats sign Suh that would be funny. I’m serious he’d be a huge upgrade over Danny Shelton.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Whitworth is going to come home and I am going to show him the good tamale place as a mark of gratitude.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

LionYeti posted:

Suh was always a one year rental and Fowler looks like he's a plus rotational edge guy. Pay Joyner, Fowler is going to eat a prove it deal where ever he ends up and Saffold you got me there. Goff has this coming season then the 5th year option which they'll likely need to see his worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

LionYeti posted:

They could just sign Bortles or Tannehill instead.