Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

balancedbias posted:

Guessing from the replies that Francis got detonated.

he fell down like he was the guy from qwop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

balancedbias posted:

Guessing from the replies that Francis got detonated.

And how

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

rare Magic card l00k posted:

he fell down like he was the guy from qwop

That is the greatest description I could hope for.

Well, not for Francis, but you get the point.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Francis was completely lost after that second knockdown and AJ just straight up executed my boy. The southpaw switch in the 1st was the definition of hubris though ngl

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm still glad Francis got paid massively but gently caress that's disappointing

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If you're going to be a boxer you should try avoiding a right hand every now and again

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

On the positive side Fury looks like the biggest fraud ever even more now

Fentry fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 9, 2024

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

you still can't pull a yuji nagata in boxing, unfortunately

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

Just saw the knockdowns and KO. That was some good stretching in the end. Namaste.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Lmfao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wanna die

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

double negative posted:

Francis was completely lost after that second knockdown and AJ just straight up executed my boy. The southpaw switch in the 1st was the definition of hubris though ngl

I’ve never seen a fighter just stand up defenseless like that and hold his chin out for a KO. Ref didn’t see if he was responsive other than being conscious at all and he clearly should have.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well. Anthony always seemed like a guy who didn't really want to fight; sometimes guys like that are excellent against opponents they think they can beat, because a lack of confidence and commitment is usually their biggest problem.

Wish it'd gone different tho'.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What we learned is Tyson Fury is too dumb to come up with the 'just throw a straight right at him' strategy.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
This reflects really well on Joshua compared to Fury. I mean not to people here, with a real knowledge of boxing, but when you absolutely crush someone that gave another guy some trouble...

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
In other news, Canelo vs. Jamie Munguia was confirmed for Cinco De Mayo Eve. A much better fight over his other rumored opponent, Edgar Berlanga, but way short of who he needs to be fighting, David Benavidez

https://twitter.com/Canelo/status/1766274220131332151?t=dVyOD7D_tkMflsjFHcMCtw&s=19

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

rare Magic card l00k posted:

What we learned is Tyson Fury is too dumb to come up with the 'just throw a straight right at him' strategy.

Tyson comes from the traveler school of boxing. It’s not 4d chess so much as 17d with a caravan attached

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
my mater is a connoisseur of traveller call out videos. he can talk for a carl amount of time about the best 140p completely inscrutable and unintelligible uploads on the whole internet.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Jump King posted:

dumbass switch to southpaw, trying to parry every feint

Tweak posted:

lol holy poo poo, guess fury really didn't do poo poo in prep for him

I think what worked for Ngannou in the Fury fight was that his ability to read feints was unpracticed / delayed enough that it threw off Fury's timing.
He also backed off way more than in this fight, just hanging out there with his loose guard.

With this increase dedication to trying to read stuff and overcommitting, he did way fewer bulldozer combos to come into a clinch and have AJ second guessing the power.
Once he got KDed, the sliver of boxing practice he'd gotten down just evaporated.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Over the top but appreciate the drama it stirs

https://www.threads.net/@rayrod747/post/C4ax_5ouvLh/?xmt=AQGzo5Hljda3xI-vAhP7GpHAgL1kPAXxMbv0Kl1PspeXHQ

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

ryan garcia clearly having a mental episode. it's crazy how many people will enable him just to collect a check.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the ring flick from aj to hit fury got a chuckle out of me.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I've been watching the cherry picked highlights of Mike Tyson gearing up (lol) for Jake Paul and he definitely looks way better than the last training footage he put out.
It's me, the person starting to believe this will be a fight instead of predetermined theater.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm sure it is cherry picked but jesus, a 60 year old man should not be able to move that fast

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I'd love to believe, hell I'd be willing to if I saw a clip of Tyson in continuous motion for more than 8 seconds. Seems like there's definitely a world where he sparks him out in the first 15 seconds though

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The money move is Tyson flatlines Jake and then Logan tries to get revenge.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I hope against hope that Tyson will go in there with the intent to knock him out. I just don't believe it.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I keep hearing people say Tyson signed a contract for that fight where Tyson “agreed not to KO Jake Paul”. The people who believe Tyson has this caveat in his contract believe Jake does not lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Imagining believing that Tyson would ever "honour" a clause like that when he's in the ring lol

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

I keep hearing people say Tyson signed a contract for that fight where Tyson “agreed not to KO Jake Paul”. The people who believe Tyson has this caveat in his contract believe Jake does not lol

If it’s actually a contract, then this contest wouldn’t be sanctioned, right? As a competitive boxing match, I mean. Haven’t looked to see if that’s been stated.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Tyson-Jones status as an official fight wasnt known until days before the event, so it will be a while if we know if it is official or not. The status will probably change multiple times.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I assume, maybe without any basis, that the Paul team has their legal ducks way more sorted than whoever was behind Tyson-Jones. CSAC sanctioned that as an exhibition, “referee was under specific instructions to stop the match if it goes beyond ‘the boundaries of a competitive boxing exhibition’”

I imagine they would be fine with a no KO rule in the contract.

Also I can’t find any evidence that Legends Only League still exists or serves as Tyson’s promoter. Its website turned into a seo placeholder some time before 6/2022.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

i can only hope that tyson goes in thinking it's a bit of fun but the first time paul hits him then he just goes full tyson and KOs him

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

ilmucche posted:

i can only hope that tyson goes in thinking it's a bit of fun but the first time paul hits him then he just goes full tyson and KOs him

Or bite his ear off, not like Tyson has a history of going losing it when getting hurt

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mike tysons gonna kill jake paul the same way he killed god

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
maybe it'll be the first ever decapitation in a boxing fight

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ilmucche posted:

Everyone's got a plan, until they hit Mike Tyson in the mouth

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

William Zepeda is a mean motherfucker

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Jump King posted:

William Zepeda is a mean motherfucker

just a machine for all four rounds I thought he was going to gas before the end of the second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

so do yall think Tyson can beat Jake Paul even with the rules about the 18oz gloves and the headguard? I don't know about the gloves, I assume that makes the punches less hard?

I had assumed there would be rules in Jake's favor, is this a big handicap or not much?