Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

billy joe sanders’ commitment to being unlikable on any level, even aa a troll, is commendable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

maybe floyd will break his hand on logan's stupid face and it'll be called a no contest

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i would assume floyd would have to bulk up significantly and meet logan paul at his weight class which honestly is fine; i don’t think he’s been a serious threat to knock anyone out since bush was in office so it was probably always going to come down to points/a face saving ‘tko’/stoppage

i would imagine they would fight at light heavyweight which is still probably going to be hell for logan paul on actual weight management, or they do a catchweight and we get to see puffy floyd mayweather slowly dance around logan paul for ten rounds

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Quizzlefish posted:

What if Logan Paul wins?

i die a merciful death of laughter

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

It was pretty cool when Jermell jabbed Banana in the stomach and made him come

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeBoxing/status/1310088074471321600?s=19

yoooooooooo i can't believe i missed this, i forgot it was tonight :(

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

drat if baranchyk's hand is six inches to the right then zepeda's probably down for the count there

hope he's alright

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

garcia has to actually book fights if he wants to fight on the world stage for real for real so this will be a good litmus test to see if he’s actually anything

it’s gonna be interesting to see the lightweight division turn into a series of eliminator bouts to decide who has the honor of getting mowed down by loma; teofimo is probably the odds on favorite to come out on top but we’ll probably have a better idea of whether or not garcia is the real deal (physically i think he might be the most talented of the bunch)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Jump King posted:

I’m still really hype for Loma but after watching those ESPN Blood Sweat and Tears videos I feel like Loma is going to destroy Lopez, mostly because Lopez’s father seems like an incredible dumbass rear end in a top hat

i mean loma will probably destroy lopez because loma’s been the p4p #1 since... forever and his resume reads like the bad guy in a boxing anime whereas lopez (no disrespect to tatil, nakatani, or commey here) hasn’t faced anyone in the same ballpark

i think it’ll be close for a few rounds but ultimately loma just pulls away and never lets him back in

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Jump King posted:

Eh, I think if you look at their recent lightweight accomplishments specifically, beating Commey and Nakatani is about on the level of beating Campbell and Crolla, but yes Loma has obviously been on the p4p watch since he turned pro. I’ve watched a lot of Lopez though and he’s simply a very talented fighter who had just such a natural understanding of how to fight that I think this is a possible win for him if he approaches it right. His fathers attitude makes me really doubt they’ll approach it right.

don’t get me wrong, i think lopez is great and no doubt belongs here (they didn’t just gift him the ibf belt after all), i just think lomachenko is one of the best to ever do it and there’s nothing that’s gonna prepare you to fight someone like that (i will look real dumb when lopez knocks him out)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Jump King posted:

:siren: There's a new weight division :siren:

The WBC are allegedly going to create a division at 224lbs and drop Cruiserweight to 190

This is very stupid

it is! especially considering that logically you’d just make it heavyweight and then bump the 224+ to super heavyweight but that’s not good branding

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

is loma-lopez about to start? i've been doing campaign notes for d&d all night but i'm at a good stopping point

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

btw if you know someone who has a cable package with espn on it and you can get their cable login, you can watch this for free on espn.com or on any watchespn app for, it's not espn+ exclusive

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

I haven’t played in a decade but what kind of campaign is it

curse of strahd, vampires n' poo poo because it's halloween. starts out in a haunted house and gets worse

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

dang i got butterflies i'm loving hype for this

espn stream sucks right now lmao (hopefully it's because lots of people are tuning in)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

thinking a ko by loma in the fifth, body blow

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

the bright green gloves are so loving stupid

between that and the tattoo loma's got a serious mid-2000s aesthetic going

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

not a lot of action but that's not a shocker, i don't think anyone seriously thought lopez was gonna press

Jiro posted:

That just makes me want to play Betrayal at the House on Haunted Hill with friends in person. But all my friends are disgusting and there is currently a plague. :smith: (also I'm disgusting)

it took a little bit of getting used to playing games over discord but honestly it's like 90% as good, i do miss doing things in person (and in general)

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

lopez isn't confident, even with being able to tag loma a couple of times to the body he hasn't stepped in yet

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

a round and a half for four punches but they were pretty good punches

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

loma's feet are by far the most interesting and active thing in this match

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i dunno that waiting for lopez to tire himself out is gonna be the best strategy here because loma's gonna end up suffering a lot of punishment in the process

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Jump King posted:

Lopez fighting with a lot of discipline so far

he looked really tense at the beginning but he's settled in and looks really poised

he could probably stand to be a little more aggressive though

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

drat his eye is really swelling up

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

straight up brolic posted:

Eh this is exactly how you want this fight to go from his perspective he’s not taking any damage and has won every round

yeah if every round goes like this he can win on points comfortably

i think the problem comes in if loma ever decides to throw 20 punches in a round; getting in more body shots will probably cause him to get more fatigued while he's playing catch-up

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

he's throwing less than 10 punches a round jfc

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i mean i wouldn't be able to tell because of the masks but it doesn't seem like his corner is freaking out so maybe this is all in the game plan??

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

holy poo poo he lives, he actually went inside

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

gameplan: possum for 6 rounds, win the last 6 rounds, win a split decision

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

he didn't land that uppercut cleanly

loma looks calm as poo poo and lopez still looks nervous what the gently caress is going on

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

this has got to be one of the worst unification bouts i've ever seen

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

lopez is confident now

i'm gonna be mad if loma backs into this after his stupid rear end gameplan of tiring out a guy in his early 20s

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

don't tell your fighter it's a blowout you fuckin idiot

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

dirty poo poo, awful

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

signs of life from loma thank god

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

lopez is on his heels now

loma's tagging that left eye hoping he can either get it swollen shut or open up a cut

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

"okay loma can connect on 50% of his shots if he pressures"

loma: lemme just size him up again

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

holy poo poo is his plan to just try and steal the last minute from each round and hope the judges give it to him?

noooooo

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

quoting this bullshit for later lol

he has not looked sharp for most of the night; maybe it's rust but he hasn't looked like the best fighter in the ring much less the #1 p4p

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

"little bit low" lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

andre ward what the gently caress man lmao