Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i'd say maybe try 168 first but when you know you only need to avoid getting knocked out to win why wouldn't you risk it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

triple j putting on a big dramashow against stiverne here

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

he looked gassed as gently caress after round 2. amazed he’s still in tbere

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

welp

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i only caught the last few rounds of selby. didn't even realise he was on the card and had to google it to make sure the stream was right.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

he’s shot

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

mike12345 posted:

not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm looking for a book or video that collects peculiar/notworthy fighting techniques from various fighters over the ages. maybe one fighter was famous for a specific defensive technique, another for the way he threw the hook... does something like that exist? I'd be curious.

jack dempsey has a book about fighting dirty iirc

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

decent fight but it’s not ppv worthy at this stage

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

have generally stopped caring about fights before and after they happen so this one has creeped up on me and even with my Boxing Enthusiasm Protection Method deployed the fact that jacobs will have to knock him out to get a draw is putting a dampener on it for me. 6/10

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

customary 'ban national anthems at boxing' post

edit: especially the american one

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

it's not the size of the dog in the fight

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

thehappyprince posted:

it's not the size of the dog in the fight

i told u bro. i told u

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i liked that the commentator said joshua was a cool and composed finisher before he went in and swung wildly and got caught

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Monday Bandele posted:

I can't believe the "fast hands" was not just a desperate selling point

feel like every heavyweight who isn't vitali gets this said about them at some stage

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

incredible scenes

andy ruiz literally jumping for joy at the end was the sweetest thing i've ever seen lmao

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

sucks that all the talk is going to be about joshua and the loss of a super fight rather than ruiz's performance here

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

andy ruiz should retire so i never have to see him get hurt

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i guess it just confirms that parker would beat joshua in a hypothetical bout

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

crazy to think that this could've been jarrell miller's moment had he not taken 3 different kinds of steroids.

seems like a bad decision to take those now but at the time, who amongst us would not have taken the steroid that they wouldn't even give to rats in the end because it was giving them cancer of the everything? hindsight truly is 20/20 i guess.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

not sure wilder should be talking about gifts when his draw against fury pretty much came with a bow on it. also, joshua’s win over wlad is still better than any of wilder’s wins- the best still being a 60 year old ortiz.

speaking of upsets and gifts though, i thought katie taylor was lucky to get the decision too tonight. looked really laboured.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

madey posted:

Roast me later but I’m saying Whyte ko before round 6 and Thurman points. Who has everybody got?.

i'm edging towards thurman too.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

apparently the result came back before the fight and it was still allowed to happen so? maybe it wasn’t a performance enhancer or something?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

jesus christ

confirmed here that what whyte tested positive for is a ped and not recreational btw. lifetime ban imo
https://twitter.com/boxing_social/status/1154420870275842048

have to wonder why the fight was allowed to go ahead

thehappyprince fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 25, 2019

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

https://twitter.com/boxingscene/status/1154448140176523266

quote:

The amount of epimethandienone and hydroxymethandienone found in Whyte's "A" sample was very small. It could have been ingested as part of a supplement rather than the direct ingestion of Dianabol tablets. But the WADA standard for epimethandienone and hydroxymethandienone is qualitative, not quantitative. In order words, any amount of epimethandienone or hydroxymethandienone in an athlete's system is a violation of the WADA code.
🤔🤔

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

didn't see joshua's heel turn coming ngl

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

mike- posted:

porter but I’ve always liked him and I think he’s going to make it tough on Errol, and that he is the best opponent errol has fought

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

quote:

According to police, the vehicle was going at a high rate of speed in the northbound lanes in the 500 block of S. Riverfront Boulevard. The vehicle went over the center median and flipped multiple times, ejecting the driver. Police say he was not wearing a seatbelt.

gently caress. incredible the lengths people will go to to avoid rematching kell brook

thehappyprince fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 10, 2019

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

billy joe looked terrible tonight. looked like he trained expecting a walkover and got taken 11 rounds and was probably behind on the cards when he miraculously pulled out a stoppage

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

i have it 4-0 ortiz with one even so far

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

where’s the replay come on

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

naturally i’m hoping for a joshua win to set up a rubber match in raqqa

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

just one decently scheduled boxing event is all i ask

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

if they do 3 anthems i s2g

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

anyone else think joshua looks nervous?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

joshua buzzed him and got confident and got clipped again

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Bundy posted:

First time poster hello

hello

joshua keeps getting caught with that left hook

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

every time he gets confident he gets caught with a counter

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

ruiz has such a good chin. how did that hook not even wobble him

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

been hanging around wlad too much smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Digital Jedi posted:

Completely for got about this fight was early and was doing poo poo outside. Guess I didn't really miss that great of a fight?

basically just joshua boxing at range for 12 rounds with a handful of moments where he got overconfident after landing big shots and clipped. nothing major in the hurt department either way.