Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://mobile.twitter.com/NISALeague/status/1097493613582389250

Nee-san lives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
does anybody know whats going on with loudoun united? they've signed 4 players and the season starts in less than 3 weeks

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

awyeahz posted:

does anybody know whats going on with loudoun united? they've signed 4 players and the season starts in less than 3 weeks
They're the DC United reserve team. A lot of the MLS B teams tend to announce their squads about a week before the start of the season and use the preseason as an extended trial for pretty much everyone.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Heading to Nashville's first home friendly vs NYCFC in a little bit. We've been hit with record setting rain over the past few days and it is not stopping so it should be fun. I'll post a trip report with pictures sometime soon if I can be bothered

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Odds to win the 2019 USL Championship, as offered by William Hill:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Looks like NPSL has a new club called Pittsburgh Hotspurs. :rolleyes:

I have nothing against copying classic soccer club names, especially those not used much in the USA (we've got enough Uniteds now, though, thanks!).

But if you're going to copy, at least get it right: Hotspur. :colbert:

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Bentai posted:

Odds to win the 2019 USL Championship, as offered by William Hill:

FiveThirtyEight has also updated their predictions for the new season.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Any Riverhound fans here? I want to make it to a game this year. What’s the best section to sit in? Anything I need to know?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wicka would know, PM him.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

NM United sold out their inaugural game, there are like 13k here, great vibe and atmosphere let's gooooo ⚽

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville just won their opener vs Loudoun United by 2-0! The first goal was a great looping header by Lancaster off a corner, and the second was a mishandled ball from their keeper that Rios pounced on.

This was the lowest attendance of any game I've been to yet, at less than 4,000. There were tornado warnings until past the end of the game though so it's likely not too bad a sign.

This should be a great season. Our new signings all looked sharp, and we defended pretty well; Pickens was only really tested once. St Louis next week!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Austin held Las Vegas to a 0-0 draw during the Vegas home opener. Crowd of 8000+ which was great. Now if they can just score some goals.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Bentai posted:

Austin held Las Vegas to a 0-0 draw during the Vegas home opener. Crowd of 8000+ which was great. Now if they can just score some goals.

That’s what happens when you guarantee a win against an unknown entity!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

STL beat Indy, 2-1. Crowd was down because it was pelting rain up until maybe 30 minutes before kickoff, and with Soccer Park having flooded multiple times in the past (it's right by the Meramec River) people were rightfully a bit wary of heading to Fenton. Still a good game from what I saw, they converted the scrappy-and-crappy stuff which at this level some teams just don't do.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Troy Queef posted:

STL beat Indy, 2-1. Crowd was down because it was pelting rain up until maybe 30 minutes before kickoff, and with Soccer Park having flooded multiple times in the past (it's right by the Meramec River) people were rightfully a bit wary of heading to Fenton. Still a good game from what I saw, they converted the scrappy-and-crappy stuff which at this level some teams just don't do.

Wish I could’ve gone. Live in Indy, but from St. Louis. Just couldn’t make the drive for the game. I’ll certain go to the reverse fixture here in Indy though.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
go to all the fixtures in indy

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I’m new at this whole “club soccer” thing. Is it normal for supporters groups of the same team to be petty and snarky to each other?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Bentai posted:

I’m new at this whole “club soccer” thing. Is it normal for supporters groups of the same team to be petty and snarky to each other?

oh, lord yes

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

That’s part of the fun! You’ll figure out who has a fun supporter base that can take and dish poo poo talk and sometimes make some really good friends that way!
Or you end up opposite a club that tacitly endorses fascism like NYCFC and genuinely want them to gently caress off the earth for good.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
both dominic oduros are in USL now. the 33-year old dominic oduro plays for charlotte independence and the 24-year old dominic oduro plays for the rowdies.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

awyeahz posted:

both dominic oduros are in USL now. the 33-year old dominic oduro plays for charlotte independence and the 24-year old dominic oduro plays for the rowdies.

I’ll be tuning into that fixture

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Thankful for the 3 points on the road, but the Indy-Charlotte match was way too close in the last 10 minutes or so than I would have liked. Only two more weeks until the home opener!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Weedle posted:

I’ll be tuning into that fixture

the dominic oderby

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

awyeahz posted:

Yes the Rowdies are very much more youth oriented this season.

https://streamable.com/2i4pc

Nice start to the season; don't wanna jinx it by saying anything too positive yet.

Food trucks inside and outside Al Lang this year; good idea, no idea why this wasn't done before under the Bill Edwards ownership; Rays ownership has been doing good things so far.

Very curious to know what kind of food trucks.

Edit to add: never mind, just saw this:

quote:

https://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news_article/show/1004376

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (March 14, 2019) — In our continued efforts to improve the fan experience inside Al Lang Stadium, the Tampa Bay Rowdies are delighted to announce that food trucks will make their debut as part of the Rowdies concessions roster at Saturday night’s home opener against the Pittsburgh Riverhounds.

The 2019 season is already set to include new uniforms and fresh faces, but we now have more food options on offer than ever before. Several food trucks will be on-hand both inside and outside Al Lang Stadium for fans to enjoy local fare from some of the region’s most popular traveling restaurants.

Vanchetta (rotisserie porchetta and other sandwiches), Bacon Boss, Ikigai Truck (sushi bowls and wraps) and Nutri-Truck (health-conscious items) will be located outside the stadium serving food from 5 p.m. to kickoff.

Once stadium gates open at 6:30 p.m., fans can visit the CJ’s Traveling Pizzeria and The Dude and His Food (American fare) trucks on the asphalt area adjacent to Bayshore Drive. Fans with tickets in the Midfield seating section can visit the St. Pete Taco Lady truck.

A rotation of food trucks will be available at all Rowdies home games for the entire 2019 regular season.

Also edit to add:

quote:

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-county/clearwater-woman-breaks-parking-garage-gate-to-free-rowdies-fans-stuck-for-hours/1859374549

Clearwater woman breaks parking garage gate to free Rowdies fans stuck for hours

The Tampa Bay Rowdies issued an apology to spectators and fans Monday night after hundreds of people were held up for hours trying to leave Saturday night's home opener in downtown St. Pete.

A Clearwater woman says the delay even forced her to break down a gate at the McNulty parking garage off 2nd Street to help trapped cars escape. Kathryn Socash, 63, was eventually arrested for disorderly conduct.

Some of the fans "held hostage" for hours in the McNulty parking garage took to social media to document the delay and vent their frustrations. Some posts described spending more time trying to leave the garage than spectators spent at the game.

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 20, 2019

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

so the gate said "$50 fine for breaking gate" and the woman had to spend two days in jail for it? america is a hellstate

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

New fly through render of Louisville City's stadium currently under construction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGCtMv6Rjk4

Also tag yourselves I'm Burger Char.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Popoi posted:

New fly through render of Louisville City's stadium currently under construction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGCtMv6Rjk4

Also tag yourselves I'm Burger Char.

I’m the thousands of people shown in the stadium who will never actually attend a game.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
i consider myself a connoisseur of lovely stadium renderings and that is the best one ive seen yet. especially considering lcfc does not have mls aspirations. also im Sponsor Bar

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Azerban posted:

so the gate said "$50 fine for breaking gate" and the woman had to spend two days in jail for it? america is a hellstate
Well the article says "disorderly conduct" which is a separate thing from a $50 fine for breaking a gate, so maybe there's more to the story than we are being told, but, yeah, still not good. :smith:

The garage in question is the McNulty Garage, still owned, AFAIK, by former Rowdies owner Bill Edwards, and it never had any problems like this after Rowdies home games before.

I had heard speculation last year, before the Rays purchase, that the McNulty Garage was going to be included along with the Tampa Bay Rowdies in whatever sale was going to happen, but this did not happen; presumably the Rays did not like Edwards' asking price for the garage?

Cue conspiracy theories about Edwards using some kind of backhanded techniques to annoy/troll/punish/renegotiate with the Rays over the garage.

Edit to add: further details here, sounds like a fine mess. Don't annoy cops with your complaints, citizen!

quote:

https://www.tampabay.com/st-petersburg/she-led-the-great-st-pete-parking-garage-revolt-then-she-was-arrested-20190320/

As for Socash, the arrest report says she did more than snap the wooden gate with her own hands.

A few vehicles managed to escape without paying. Then when officers arrived, the arrest report said they found Socash and a large crowd upset by the situation.

Socash was jumping up and down, pointing at the parking garage manager and yelling. She was also “screaming to the already upset crowd that (the manager) was the person that could get them out of the parking garage,” the report said.

If her behavior had continued, the report said, it could have created a dangerous situation for the garage staff. So officers took Socash into custody — but the report said her “belligerent” behavior continued.

She was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct at 11:52 p.m. and booked into the Pinellas County jail. She was held there for 18 hours until she was freed Sunday night, after posting $250 bail. Socash complained about being stripped of her clothes and jewelry at the jail, and she is not too fond of her mugshot.

“I’m a coffee drinker and I asked if I could have a cup of coffee in the morning,” she said. “The guards basically just laughed in my face.”

The 63-year-old does, however, take full responsibility for breaking the gate. She said she was willing to reimburse the manager that night. At first, Socash said the officer asked her if she could pay cash and was only going to cite her. But when she continued to complain about the garage situation, she said the officer decided to arrest her.

But she disputes the other allegations in her arrest report, especially the “belligerent” parts.

“I would love to see a video of me jumping,” she said. “I don’t remember the last time I ever jumped.”

And the screaming?

“I don’t think I was yelling, but I’m sure my voice was loud,” Socash said. “But I wasn’t belligerent.”

717 Parking is a third party operator I think, not owned by Bill Edwards, so probably not involved in a Bill Edwards conspiracy!

quote:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/st-pete-parking-garage-revolt-update-717-parking-is-sorry-20190322/

St. Pete parking garage revolt update: 717 Parking is sorry.

The garage operator, 717 Parking, will also offer free parking at the garage on March 30 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 25, 2019

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015

sleepwalkers posted:

largely on the back of their Northern Guard Supporters. Easy to love, easier to hate, they're a driving force behind DCFC's reputation.

My guy, I can not imagine a less important sentence having been typed in the history of the internet.

What DCFC (and to a lesser extent the DCFL) has done is very impressive and for sure a net positive but let’s keep it in perspective here. At the end of the day they are still waving scarves and chanting I believe that we will win like every one else.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

dadjokes posted:

My guy, I can not imagine a less important sentence having been typed in the history of the internet.

What DCFC (and to a lesser extent the DCFL) has done is very impressive and for sure a net positive but let’s keep it in perspective here. At the end of the day they are still waving scarves and chanting I believe that we will win like every one else.
It's a lower league soccer thread on a dying comedy forum on the Internet; if importance is what you're after, you're looking in the wrong place. Sorry for using vaguely flowery language to say "NGS is welcoming but a lot of people hate them," I guess.
You're underselling the part they played in pitching DCFC to casual fans, players, staff, and international clubs, as well as the community efforts put forth separate from the club. I don't mean to undersell the job the owners have done, but they've said much of the same thing over the years.

Separate from anyone specifically, pretending that all SGs are just "waving scarves like everyone else" does disservice to the work a lot of people put in across the country.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

NM beat the tentacle themed crest guys and are now sitting at #2 in the Western conference. Not a bad start for a new club!

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Went to a New Mexico United game last night, my buddy had a box suite, and it was pretty fun. Over 12,000 people at the park for the match, and the crowd was going nuts as NM beat whoever it was they were playing 5-1. I think I'll be going again.

https://www.facebook.com/NewMexicoUTD/videos/376908086496586/

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The atmosphere at NM United games is loving awesome and it hasn't even been good weather yet for the home matches. Also we're 2nd in the standings, good times

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

The atmosphere at NM United games is loving awesome and it hasn't even been good weather yet for the home matches. Also we're 2nd in the standings, good times

I really hope they keep the enthusiasm up, could be a good justification to finally build a stadium downtown.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
First and second round fixtures for the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup have been determined.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I wonder if Indy 11 will actually give a poo poo this year since they're hosting or if we'll go out in the second round for the third year in a row...

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'm hoping the Lights will be able to make it through two rounds and maybe get an MLS matchup.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

xK1 posted:

I wonder if Indy 11 will actually give a poo poo this year since they're hosting or if we'll go out in the second round for the third year in a row...

last year the teams priorities were 1.) making the playoffs with a new team, coach, stadium, and league and 2.) avoiding even the possibility of more wednesday night games. which is why they didn't apply to host and then immediately lost to a 4th division side in mississippi. i think this year is a different story and usoc is an opportunity to try out venues other than lucas oil. also there is a slim but nonzero chance of a home game vs new york cosmos b in the third or fourth round so vamos eleven see you at the butler bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tonight's Galaxy II v Rio Grande Valley game was 1-0 to Galaxy II going into the 75th minute.

It ended 4-4 :stare: