Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
NM United tied timber2 3-3.
The one timbers guy taunted the crowd after a pk and got pelted with beer and ice.

Abq fans are best-worst and super trashy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

The NM POR game owned

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

NM sold 13k tickets again :catstare:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So....apparently Tulsa's released a player after he was found to have racially abused Atiba Harris multiple times during the game against Oklahoma City last night?

I've read conflicting accounts that Fabian Bastidas was accused of doing it and that it was already determined that he did it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

So....apparently Tulsa's released a player after he was found to have racially abused Atiba Harris multiple times during the game against Oklahoma City last night?

I've read conflicting accounts that Fabian Bastidas was accused of doing it and that it was already determined that he did it.

It was Bastidas, he said it twice, everyone heard it, he’s gone. Good riddance.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

https://twitter.com/TrevorWojcik/status/1122620552391213056

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Weedle posted:

It was Bastidas, he said it twice, everyone heard it, he’s gone. Good riddance.
I was thinking it must have been incredibly blatant if he's already been released, because normally in such a situation the alleged offender's team would at least wait until a review by league HQ before making a decision.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JuanG_Arango/status/1122718162875834369
folks,

there you have it

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So he literally went with the "No actually it was a term of endearment" defense.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

One thing I have noticed in life is that when a non-black person thinks their black friends are totally cool with them throwing the n-word around, they are often wrong.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tampa Bay went up a man in the 20th minute at Indy Eleven tonight. They finished the game with exactly zero shot attempts on goal :stonk:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Tampa Bay went up a man in the 20th minute at Indy Eleven tonight. They finished the game with exactly zero shot attempts on goal :stonk:

Yes it has been a frustrating year so far, in spite of the Rowdies still being undefeated.

Much better than the last year or two, Rowdies can actually win on the road now, and come from behind to win, which is a nice change.

But they keep dropping points at home with ties, and now dropping points a man up on the road.

We'll be the first team not to qualify for the playoffs while remaining undefeated, with all these ties, if that is statistically possible.

Rowdies offense and finishing still a big hole in their overall game plan though. Defense much better than last year, which is all that is keeping them competitive so far.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

15,023 person crowd at the New Mexico United game tonight

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Taco Duck posted:

15,023 person crowd at the New Mexico United game tonight
:monocle:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Oh come on now, the Riverhounds only loss is to Tampa Bay and they seem determined to draw everyone else. Down 2-0 to Nashville? Two goals including an own goal in stoppage time to equalize. Up 2-0 after 12 minutes to Charleston? Lol 2-2 draw

Also, goddamn is Hartford wretched

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

ElwoodCuse posted:

Also, goddamn is Hartford wretched
Drew like 11k (and the game) for their home opener though, gotta respect fans who saw 8 weeks of complete garbage on the road and still showed up for week 9.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

This is a weird feeling; Tampa Bay Rowdies spent 5 years under Bill Edwards ownership spending a lot of money on expensive players and under performing, yet here we are 10 games into the Rays ownership era undefeated, able to win games on the road for a change, but also dropping points at home which we didn't use to do, all with a younger and less experienced team.

Feels fragile so I don't want to jinx it.

Guess next home game against the Baby Bulls will be pretty pivotal match for the season as the Rowdies and RB II are tied for points at the top of the table, with the Baby Bulls having a match in hand.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/billkraus17/status/1127067044686352384
:cheerdoge:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Rowdies beat Baby Bulls 2-0; Rowdies now are top of the Eastern table....

....until the Baby Bulls play their next game; they have a game in hand so can easily jump right back to the top of the table if they win it.

Really wish American soccer could adhere more strictly to a proper schedule so we didn't have to constantly make these "games in hand" mental calculations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
It happens in the EPL all the time with teams’ obligations in domestic and international cups.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Aggro posted:

It happens in the EPL all the time with teams’ obligations in domestic and international cups.

I know but USL really doesn't have that problem.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

So with the Rowdies winning and the Baby Bulls losing this weekend, that makes the Rowdies the Beasts of the East. :v:

For now; multiple other teams still have a game or two in hand. :ohdear:

Weird feeling being on the top of the table for a change; hope the Rowdies can keep this up and win some silverware this season. :bandwagon:

Also Ralph's Mob tifo game is very good (Ralph-zilla, and, uh, Pelican-ra? Pete-ra?); tifo images from this Saturday's match stolen shamelessly off of social media. :ninja:

https://www.ralphsmob.com/tifo-gallery

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 27, 2019

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

NM United drew the Colorado Rapids in round 5 of the US Open cup :catstare:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
boo the Riverhounds got Columbus who sucks but the game is there. it was awesome when DC came here in 2015

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Syrinxx posted:

NM United drew the Colorado Rapids in round 5 of the US Open cup :catstare:

somos unidos
:getin:

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Charleston Battery have sold their stadium.

https://www.postandcourier.com/busi...c4bbe3e2c4.html

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

STLFC drew Chicago Fire. Am I right in thinking they’re going to beat an MLS team with ease?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

STLFC drew Chicago Fire. Am I right in thinking they’re going to beat an MLS team with ease?

Since it's Chicago, yeah probably

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Bit of 1970s Rowdies trivia I did not know.

quote:

https://bhamnow.com/2019/05/31/soccers-tampa-bay-rowdies-and-birmingham-are-forever-connected-by-the-rowdies-fight-song/

Soccer’s Tampa Bay Rowdies and Birmingham are forever connected by fight song

On Saturday, June 1st, one of U.S. Soccer’s most legendary teams, the Tampa Bay Rowdies will be taking on the Birmingham Legion F.C. at BBVA Field on the campus of UAB.

Unbeknownst, to both USL teams – the Rowdies famous fight song “Kick in the Grass” was written about 45 years ago by Birmingham native Ed Boutwell, founder of Boutwell Studios and a resident of Episcopal Place.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Having never seen New Mexico United's field, I can now firmly say that it's trash.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Having never seen New Mexico United's field, I can now firmly say that it's trash.
Watching the broadcast, and the announcer said that the farm where they get their sod for the infield patch from flooded in recent in a recent severe weather outbreak.

They might have just had to lay some dead stuff out there so at least they weren't playing on dirt at one corner of the field.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Edward Mass posted:

Well yeah it's a fuckin baseball stadium, but in this case the sod was way way worse than normal.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Previous seasons: Al Lang was a fortress but the Rowdies could not earn points on the road.

This season: Rowdies keep winning on the road but keep dropping points at home.

Not going to try to figure this one out, just enjoying the (very weird) ride.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Landon Donovan Presents San Diego is coming to the USL Championship.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Cavalry FC just punched their ticket to the CPL final. Also Andre Rampersad, HFX Wanderers player, kicked a guy in the dick lol.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

So today's Nashville SC game is facing a weather delay...

e: over an hour into the delay, not a single drop of rain has fallen, and everyone is being told to take shelter

final update: game finally kicked off more than three hours after scheduled time, zero rain during that whole time. baby bulls scored first and we answered with two goals from outside the box, going into the half with a 2-1 lead. at halftime an actual storm blew in, and another delay was called. after about another 30 minutes (getting close to midnight by now) the game was abandoned, to be replayed in it's entirety at a to be determined date. Lancaster scored in his sixth straight game (in all competitions), but his goal will no longer count:
https://twitter.com/NashvilleSC/status/1144090664562581504?s=19

brasstassels fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 27, 2019

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
drat. spending five hours in a minor league baseball stadium on a weeknight only to have the entire experience bureaucratically erased from the record in a way that only benefits the new york red bulls organization. this is the spirit of lower league soccer in america. salut

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Happy Canada Day

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
If anyone wants to watch some fourth division soccer today, you'd find it hard to beat the match-up between Detroit City FC and AFC Ann Arbor.

DCFC is 8-0-2 in their last 10, which included 844 minutes without conceding a goal. They gave up 3 goals in their home opener, and did not concede again until Friday night. They then managed to score a dramatic tying goal at the death.

They drew AFCAA earlier in the season, and a win today for either team would secure a playoff spot. A draw would allow Grand Rapids FC a chance to claw back in, as they have a guaranteed win today against the garbage of FC Indiana.

This is about the closest thing the Midwest NPSL has to a rivalry, and the stakes are "high".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEWJwj6tE1k

Aggro fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Aggro posted:

If anyone wants to watch some fourth division soccer today, you'd find it hard to beat the match-up between Detroit City FC and AFC Ann Arbor.

DCFC is 8-0-2 in their last 10, which included 844 minutes without conceding a goal. They gave up 3 goals in their home opener, and did not concede again until Friday night. They then managed to score a dramatic tying goal at the death.

They drew AFCAA earlier in the season, and a win today for either team would secure a playoff spot. A draw would allow Grand Rapids FC a chance to claw back in, as they have a guaranteed win today against the garbage of FC Indiana.

This is about the closest thing the Midwest NPSL has to a rivalry, and the stakes are "high".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEWJwj6tE1k

3-1 to the good guys!