Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Here's the logo for the Green Bay D3 team that will start next year:

That is tremendous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

awyeahz posted:

does anybody know whats going on with loudoun united? they've signed 4 players and the season starts in less than 3 weeks
They're the DC United reserve team. A lot of the MLS B teams tend to announce their squads about a week before the start of the season and use the preseason as an extended trial for pretty much everyone.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tonight's Galaxy II v Rio Grande Valley game was 1-0 to Galaxy II going into the 75th minute.

It ended 4-4 :stare:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So....apparently Tulsa's released a player after he was found to have racially abused Atiba Harris multiple times during the game against Oklahoma City last night?

I've read conflicting accounts that Fabian Bastidas was accused of doing it and that it was already determined that he did it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Weedle posted:

It was Bastidas, he said it twice, everyone heard it, he’s gone. Good riddance.
I was thinking it must have been incredibly blatant if he's already been released, because normally in such a situation the alleged offender's team would at least wait until a review by league HQ before making a decision.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So he literally went with the "No actually it was a term of endearment" defense.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tampa Bay went up a man in the 20th minute at Indy Eleven tonight. They finished the game with exactly zero shot attempts on goal :stonk:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Having never seen New Mexico United's field, I can now firmly say that it's trash.
Watching the broadcast, and the announcer said that the farm where they get their sod for the infield patch from flooded in recent in a recent severe weather outbreak.

They might have just had to lay some dead stuff out there so at least they weren't playing on dirt at one corner of the field.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Phoenix had Dollar Beer Night night. They won again, 6-0 against Austin.

They're 12-0-0 on Dollar Beer Night and they've outscored opponents something 37-6 when running the promotion :laffo:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lessail posted:

I hope the Lights make fielding a good team an actual priority sometime soon
It's bizarre how much worse they play when they're away from home.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rodolfo Zelaya has been loaned from LAFC to Las Vegas for at least this weekend.

I only bring this up because of the irony of one of the players banned in the El Salvador match fixing scandal going to play in Vegas.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tacoma was actually up 2-1 on Phoenix at the 80' and they loving blew it. It was was 2-4 to Phoenix by the 85th minute.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Swope Park is finally going to drop the pretense and just be Sporting Kansas City II next year - announced during halftime of tonight's game.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I kind of understand the USL's insistence that teams have to find their own place to play eventually, but at the same time it's minor league soccer so half the battle is just having a place to play to begin with.

If it takes longer to secure a stadium, so be it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bentai posted:

Vegas cold clocked San Antonio 4-2 to keep their playoff hopes alive another week. Next up is #3 in the west, and cross-state rival, Reno. Vegas needs at least 4 points in the last two games, along with some luck, to make it to the playoffs.
The West from #4 to about #16 is basically one gigantic clusterfuck

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I was hoping the management would have NE2 play in Boston somewhere but they'll be playing in Gillette, so I doubt a single person will be at those games.
What the gently caress? Couldn't they find a high school in Foxboro and just pay for a nicer field? Surely that would be cheaper?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Other than turning the lights on and having a skeleton crew of staff, the organization doesn't pay anything to use Gillette. The Kraft's own it. It's part of the reason that the Revs are stuck there forever.
I suppose that's true I just figured that even in terms of running the lights and having a skeleton crew it might be more cost effective to just give a local school or small university a nicer field and use that instead.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I do wonder if they even considered it. I agree with you.
Yeah. It's kind of like how Timbers 2 and Swope Park were using smaller venues until the USL stepped in and said that if they wanted to stay D2 they had to play in venues that seated more than 5K, and neither Merlo Field in Portland nor Swope Soccer Village in KC fit the bill.

T2 did play some home games at Merlo this year while Providence Park was bring renovated, but IIRC they had to eat a fine for each game they played there.

A team in the USL's D3 league wouldn't even have to worry about that.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lansing Ignite, which killed off a somewhat popular local D4 (different owners) team to join the USL D3 league, is folding after one season.

Good job guys

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

They talked about needing 4,000 people per game with a schedule that had two weekend games total between June and end of August, dropped ticket prices to rock bottom when they were drawing ~60% of their desired number. That didn’t move the needle at all, and even their reported numbers looked overstated by a significant margin. The turf they put in for games was apparently awful and a baseball stadium is typically a bad temporary venue for soccer.
Their on-field performance was fine! But everything else about the club seemed poorly laid out.
Also ownership trademarked “Beer City FC” and attempted to start in Grand Rapids before USL told them to use their own stadium in Lansing.

Also also, the NPSL team they killed off was done so voluntarily; the owner of that team joined the leadership of the Ignite. The biggest disappointment is that this may kill of their women’s side, which retained the Lansing United branding.
I read an interview with the now-former Vice President, who was in charge of the soccer side of operations, in which he stated that the women's team will continue on.

What was very curious was he also said that at no point was he or anyone else in the Lansing Ignite front office made aware of how much money the team was making or losing. Apparently the only way he communicated with the team's owner for months was via occasional text messages, that or the team President would bring messages from the owner as a go-between. That is real weird for a team barely above semi-pro level.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Fresno owner finally released a statement today, stating that the team is "almost certainly" relocating for 2020.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

That sucks. You never want to see a club fail.
Well you never know. Now that there's an official statement out maybe the possibility of something being worked out is increased. Remember that when Minnesota was in the NASL they were literally days from being liquidated before Bill McGuire stepped in.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well Phoenix just got beat at home, on DOLLAR BEER NIGHT!!!, by Real Monarchs in the Western Conference semis.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Not to double-post on Canadian clubs, but apparently :rip: Ottawa Fury
And they pulled absolutely zero punches about who they blame for the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

STLFC decided to finally get rid of Pulis Jr. and signed Steve Trittschuh, because they actually saw a dip in attendance this year and are going to try and not be so drat mediocre.
Well it's a drat good thing Trittschuh didn't manage mediocre teams in Colorado Springs...