Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

2 hours for me on ps5! Looking forward to seeing the origin of it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't speak for the remake, of course, but the main advice in the original (where its a bit unclear what youre even supposed to do at first) is to spend the first six months or so just focusing on making money

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't speak for the remake, of course, but the main advice in the original (where its a bit unclear what youre even supposed to do at first) is to spend the first six months or so just focusing on making money

I'm getting that feeling with what I've run into so far. So weird having that clock ticking down for the first time in like 9 years

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
About a year into the game, my opinion is that it's a one step forward, one step back kind of remake. Being less punishing and having gamefaqs built into the menus is nice, but the art has less charm and I think something is lost by making Marie herself a capable combatant

Still, the original game kicks rear end so the remake does too

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Yeah, it’s great. Really liking it so far, just fulfilled my first ending condition. If you like atelier, I recommend it.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Have to say, whether it's Ryza 1, 2, or Sophie 2, the gardening system is always a lot of fun. You kind of have to really crank the quality on them to get the most out of them, and what effects to prioritize, but there's really nothing like getting basic materials that are like 700 more quality than anything you'll find out in the field. They also provide a really satisfying progression thing in terms of the alchemy system. Better seeds lead to better harvests which leads to even better seeds. Such an ingenious little system.

Also, Ryza 2 having a very convenient fast travel mechanic that's unlocked from nearly the start of the game is very helpful.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsyitgd5UpE

It's time for another Atelier subseries to suggest someone start with

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Two tooria

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The next mainline Atelier game was announced. Atelier Resleriana. Unfortunately… it’s a mobile gacha game that’s coming to PC but has no plans of coming to console.

https://noisypixel.net/atelier-resleriana-announced-mobile-pc/

I’m sorry.

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The next mainline Atelier game was announced. Atelier Resleriana. Unfortunately… it’s a mobile gacha game that’s coming to PC but has no plans of coming to console.

https://noisypixel.net/atelier-resleriana-announced-mobile-pc/

I’m sorry.

An Atelier "Forgotten" on the smart phone and steam. :rip:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Dead in 3 years

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this looks much higher effort than the previous atelier gacha

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
hope they get some good cross-promotions. I want to roll for dunkinheits so I can craft the philosopher's donut

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
I saw some... vague skepticism on twitter regarding the scriptwriter for this game, and apparently it's Takahiro, the Akame ga Kill! / Yuki Yuna is a Hero guy? Not really sure what to make of that.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
Fuuuuck. We’ll I guess this gives me more of an excuse to play through some of the older games I missed.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well the catgirl looks cute

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
please play the older games and maybe make a guide so i can understand shallie's alchemy system

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Good thing I still have platinum trophies to get on most of the PS3/4/V games and recently purchased all the JP-only pre-Iris titles.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

Dead in 3 years

You wanted the time limit pressure back, right?

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Why the gently caress is a Mobile Gacha Game Live Service the next mainline game? Just make it a side game and then there's no issue.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

akkristor posted:

Why the gently caress is a Mobile Gacha Game Live Service the next mainline game? Just make it a side game and then there's no issue.

:10bux:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That doesn't give you much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enough for at least two mobile games

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
$10 is a 5 roll with a guaranteed SR

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Source: https://www.famitsu.com/news/202308/08312539.html (https://www.reddit.com/r/Atelier/comments/15lyunl/some_extra_info_about_atelier_resleriana_from/)

Steam version will be released after iOS/Android

Development started about 3 to 4 years ago, about when Ryza 2 development started. At that time, Atelier Online was still live and they were analyzing how to attract the players who did not get into that game.

They confirmed it's a mainline game and wanted to make it clear with the A25 numbering in the trailer.

When asked on why the game title has the protagonist's full name, Resleriana, he said that there's a reason behind that but he can't talk about that right now. He confirmed her nickname is Resna by the way and will give more details about her name later.

The game is set in a world where alchemy is something of the past and forgotten. Resna is trying to revive alchemy and make the world better. That's where the adventure starts. It's a world where there's only stars and night, so there's no dusk/dawn time, and he also mentions that it's probably the first time the series is gonna have a villain and Resna will fight him. So that's where the "Lost Alchemy and the Liberator of the Polar Night" subtitle is explained.

The game will include all Atelier series elements like gathering, alchemy and battle but adjusted to the smartphone experience.

Gust is supervising the project. The main development stuff is with Team Ninja and Akatsuki Games. Team Ninja is known for Dead or Alive Venus Vacation and Akatsuki Games for DragonBall Z Dokkan Battle. (Both games are very successful on mobile and are doing very well. So, I think the new Atelier game is probably in good hands.)

They will have new information this weekend during Comicket.

He teases that the game is releasing very soon, while the weather is still hot, before Winter comes. (My guess it's releasing in October lol)

He talks about a lot more things, but I think this is probably what most people would like to know. Sorry if my translation is bad but I hope it helped you. (I speak Portuguese by the way, so going from Japanese to English is not an easy task!)

I think Gust themselves are developing a mainline console Atelier game since they are not fully developing this new A25 title.

And since it will be releasing really soon, I doubt they will leave 2024 without any new Atelier game. So, maybe, just maybe, they still have another Atelier game to be annouced at Tokyo Game Show in September. If you look at past Atelier games, they were announced at Tokyo Game Show and released around February/March next year, so there's still hope.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Terry van Feleday posted:

I saw some... vague skepticism on twitter regarding the scriptwriter for this game, and apparently it's Takahiro, the Akame ga Kill! / Yuki Yuna is a Hero guy? Not really sure what to make of that.
Takahiro is better known for his edgy stuff but he has plenty of experience writing more chill stuff, and IMO his casts are pretty appealing so I'd say it could be good?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terry van Feleday posted:

Takahiro wrote a bunch of goofy visual novels in the late 2000s/early 2010s, he's totally fine at comedy slice of life stuff.

Kale
May 14, 2010

akkristor posted:

Ryza banners for maximum milking I figure. Feels like a typical cowardly Japanese producer move to in theory try to minimize risk. We'll see if it pans out.

Absolutely no idea why they would have the guy that wrote Akame Ga Kill and Slave of the Magical Capital Elite Troops whatever femdom fetish manga for an Atelier game other than more weird producer think. Maybe hes a buddy of a buddy or something or they just want to turn the franchise into a fanservice one now that they got so much mileage out of one character design

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I can't believe they got the guy who wrote a YuruYuri OAV to work on an Atelier

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Takahiro's done a bunch of stuff that is a good fit for Atelier yeah.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
im gonna play the gacha

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I will probably play the gacha but I won't be happy about it!!!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I get a bizarre kick out of playing phone games on my PC, so chances are I will at least play this weird thing

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Don't you guys have phones?????

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013
I'm just not too confident it will ever be translated, which would be disappointing tbh.

Anyway, if it's been on development since before Ryza 2 they likely have another big game cooking for a while too, so that's good news.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

Absolutely no idea why they would have the guy that wrote Akame Ga Kill and Slave of the Magical Capital Elite Troops whatever femdom fetish manga for an Atelier game other than more weird producer think. Maybe hes a buddy of a buddy or something or they just want to turn the franchise into a fanservice one now that they got so much mileage out of one character design
the writer of the arland games also wrote shadow hearts 2. i do not remember a part of rorona where we confronted japanese military officials about their war crimes. writers are capable of producing multiple things with different tones.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I believe that's in the swimsuit dlc

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I have to give the writer for Rorona credit for writing one of the worst mentors ever in an Atelier game.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm taking a fairly mellow approach to this, since I still have two Dusk games, all three Mysterious games, and Blue Reflection Ray to play, and by the time I'm done all of those in like 2030 there'll hopefully be english versions of Salburg 3 and the Gramnad games, and maybe by the time I'm done those Gust will be back to making Atelier games I want to play.

Supremezero posted:

Don't you guys have phones?????

Yeah but who wants to play a game on a phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
On its face the gacha game isn't an awful idea, and I think it could lead to some interesting places if they put effort into it, and thankfully that seems to be the case here, but we'll just have to see. It's certainly more promising at the outset that they're bold enough to call it a mainline entry in the series, and the staff so far appear to "get" the people who like Gust's output more than whatever the BR gacha is attempting to do, which I still don't really get, so that's something at least.

Overall, as long as they have a more traditional Atelier in the pipeline, that's more than enough for me.