Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ground floor! The cast certainly gets more and more colorful than the last. :allears:

Also, Kvasir is quickly becoming my favorite NPC, he's so adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I like the way they revamped Farmer for Nexus. I do wish they'd gotten Survivalist's Efficiency too, though, since that would be very thematic, but maybe that would've tipped the scale too much in their favor.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I would go as far as to say that Survivalist is worth taking (not just as a main, but as a subclass too) just for Quick Step. Turn order manipulation is really powerful with the right targets, especially a Gunner or an Imperial who can solve a lot of rude enemy formations with a Quick Stepped Drive or Charged Shot/elementals. It can make them go before rare breeds too! The TP cost is admittedly really high on a Survivalist sub, but it's completely worth it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I think Medic Bullet is pretty underrated; ideally your Gunner won't be doing anything but attacking, but there will be emergency situations from time to time (during boss fights especially) where you want your damage dealers to help the party recover, and Medic Bullet is a fast Theriaca A with a decent heal attached. Worth mentioning too that Gunners have good LUC and they're more likely to resist those ailment AoEs than other classes on average.

It's especially valuable if you're using Sovereign as your main healing support (which is perfectly reasonable) and don't have access to big healing skills and/or multi-target ailment clear like Medic/War Magus/Arcanist. And Gunner isn't an especially SP-hungry class, unless you want to take the Charged Shots and Snipes and Ricochet; 6 points to give them a good healing option isn't a bad use of SP in my opinion.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 10, 2019

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Definitely, if anything you should LUC stack your Arcanist as much as possible, even arguably forgoing staves with better MATK for staves with LUC bonuses. Disablers need all the help they can get.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'd like to note that Proof of Nobility works on Highlander's Blood Fortune as well for that extra insurance to land your disables, which is neat.

If you don't want to use Final Decree because you don't want to remove your defensive buffs, I can see Element Bombs working as a way to keep Sovs busy in a party that wants to make use of Arms anyway. That said, Elemental Bomb II looks like it's meant to work with Links and not much else. The numbers aren't that much better compared to Elemental Bomb I and it only works well against a single target, so I don't know if it's really worth the SP.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Zurai posted:

I'm using a main class Highlander and I am NEVER in a position that Spear Reversal actually gets the damage bonus. My party just has too much passive healing.

This had been my experience too; Spear Reversal can obviously be very strong, but it's a skill that you need to weigh against your party composition, and whether it's worth it to possibly restructure your other party members (dropping some passive healing, make Spear Reversal go before heals with equipment speed tweaking, etc.) just to support Spear Reversal.

I only took 1 point in it for some possible cases where it would be better than Legion Charge or Cross Charge (510% damage is still perfectly usable) and because relying on Legion Charge + Hero Battle in boss fights was good enough given my party.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Ninja's skillset looks like a mess at first, but when you consider that Ninpo: Panic and Ninpo: Double alone are worth the price of admission, stuff like Bone Crusher, Ninpo: Flight, and Shadow Bind are the cherries on top that make them even better as a utility class. Pre-Ninpo: Panic, their early game is no slouch either because Ninpo: Daggers and Caltrops are really strong for how early you get them. My Ninja was pretty much the MVP of my entire run.

Also, Ninpo: Double might disable your Force Boost, but you more or less get an indefinite duration Item Echo out of it, so really they're just up-trading it. :v: Throw two Somas, throw two Petrify Gases, and let's not forget Axcelas. Turbo-charging my Gunner and Highlander's Force worked wonders for me in some of the longer postgame fights.

I really like how they revamped Harbinger too, they feel really smooth to play now. Sucks about the nerfed Reaps, but the Miasmas and the Miasma-dispelling skills more than make up for it. And one could argue that giving them good STR and hence better infliction rates would've made them too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Before the game was fully datamined I was quite sure that INT has a factor in determining poison damage somehow, since most of the classes that have poison in their base kit has decent to high INT. Of course that doesn't turn out to be the case, so I really wonder why some physical classes have higher INT, especially considering there is a general lack of INT-based damage skills to subclass into anyway.