Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Fun fact: Persephone will actually use Kvasir's nickname "Goat-grabber" if you talk to her after accepting the mission. He, uh, wasn't joking when he said that's what your guild was known for. However, she'll use the fish one instead if that's how you introduce yourself to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Update 2 posted:

If you're used to previous games, you might expect Birgitta to be a guest party member. This isn't the case in EON, though--most NPCs will just follow you around without doing anything, just adding to the pool of possible voice lines for stuff happening. Only one person will join you as a guest in EON, and they're a bit of a ways away.

Birgitta's one of the few that has an extra effect attached to her: she'll heal you up a little at the end of every battle. Nothing major, but nice nonetheless.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure this is wrong. Most guest NPCs do have extra effects, but they're all passive field skills like "heal when gathering." The ones that do literally nothing are the exceptions.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Grashbar posted:

Yep, those soldiers sure are some Tharsis soldiers. As we are clearly in Tharsis.

I mean, technically it's possible that some soldiers from Tharsis joined the expedition and came to this Maze because they are the local experts on standing right there in this exact Maze, but yeah, it's probably a bad copy-paste job. I can't remember what it said in Japanese though. Someone should check.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm slightly surprised that no one mentioned that the Charged Shot skills are exactly the same as the Imperial's Drive skills, with comparable multipliers, less TP cost, and no cooldown. At least before Accel Drive. Guns and gunners are weaker than Drive Blades and imperials, but I personally though it was really weird that they gave these two classes such comparable kits at all. And frankly shooting Charged Shot twice during Force Boost narrows the gap between their damage numbers anyway: Gunners don't need Ignition to spam their moves.

Anyway I had both of these classes in my party at the same time and it felt really weird how identical these moves are.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I always thought it was stupid how the Master skills both end the stance immediately AND disable your skills, effectively stunning you for two turns as you have twiddle your thumbs and then use a stance-entering move before you can start doing stuff again. I guess you can get around it with the force break (or ending a random battle) but it still feels to me like it's amost always not worth it to use those moves. I mean petrify is good, but it's mostly good for the rest of your team, not the Ronin.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't really see how you say Sovereigns are SP starved while also recommending spending 20 SP in the elemental bombs that are only situationally useful in the unlikely event that the Sovereign has a spare turn (and also that you didn't want that buff anyway). Those seemed like an obvious skip to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I had my ninja subbed as a survivalist so I could have the two clones alternate casting Scapegoat and Ninpo:Flight on each other. It was kinda funny.

Also Revenge Bomb is hilarious if your clones die a lot, but yeah, it's not great.