Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
Yay, so excited for this! I'm enjoying this game immensely, and I got into it and the other games in part because of the LPs done on here.

I do like this cast of characters quite a bit. I'm surprised but happy you actually made one for each class, just because that's a hell of a lot of people to juggle. And while I was disappointed the thread couldn't choose people, all was forgiven when I saw you're using a Beast Medic, which I'm also doing. I'm voting for Heath every time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
Is Cason going to be a sword Hero and Ashley the shield Hero?

Neat way to handle it, and gets the cast to a nice 20. I hate that there’s not 20 classes, 19 is an ugly number.

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
Echoing sentiments about the Furyfawns. I also liked their bow, I remember using it for a good while.

And I'm intrigued by the story threads you’re starting. Just, what’s Abby’s deal? Is she a ghost or what?

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?

Ragnar Homsar posted:

She's a warrior who died long before Adan was born. Her soul got put into Adan's body, alongside his own, by Mystic Nonsense.
Oh, okay. Neat premise!

Are you going to write profiles for everyone at some point? I’m having a bit of a hard time following all the characters as is.

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Guards are always pathetic in Etrian Odyssey.

Just replace all the guards with explorers, then :v:

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
My favorite part of this update is that the Cutter the game zoomed in on was a rare breed. Exact same thing happened to me, what are the odds?

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
I was thinking of investing in Beheading, precisely because of Alice. Glad to know it’s not worth it for several reasons.

You know, why DO these games hide numbers like that from players, just making everything indicated by arrows? Do they enjoy tricking players who don’t know that it’s a good idea to look up the skill data?

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?

Araxxor posted:

You make it sound like she tore the labyrinth apart with her bare hands. :v:

Never forget the Beast's Roar skill in EO2, where the indication on its chance to inflict Fear was just Up Arrow/Up Arrow/Up Arrow/Up Arrow/Two Up Arrows. The scaling is actually 1%/2%/3%/4%/75%, I poo poo you not.

It's a pretty annoying part of the series, though the exact numbers aren't quite as important to know nowadays for the most part. My guess is trying to make players not worry too much about optimizing, and not wanting to to cause information overflow with too many numbers. Though for the latter, some sort of power rating would be nice instead of just telling us basically nothing.

Wait, I just realized you changed your name/avatar. I was thinking I hadn’t seen your posts recently.

I actually finished reading the EO2 LP recently, and that part about Beast Roar stood out to me too.

I get not wanting to overload people with numbers, but I think that people who are serious will just look up the info, while people who don’t are going to max out Beheading or another, even more laughable skill from the War Magus and wonder why they never activate, and eventually become frustrated with the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oublietteer
Jul 30, 2018

Is that you, Edea Lee?
I never realized that damage tiles were automatic fights until now. I am very observant :downs:

Also, I like how the summary for the Galatea’s AI script is longer than the complete write up.