Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’ve been really struggling with my retail job for the past year or so. I have a lifelong history of anxiety and depression, and this past year was especially hard for me. In August-September, I tried taking a manager position at work and I failed spectacularly. This was partially because of my unrealistic expectations for myself. My depression worsened, so I went into an outpatient program at a behavioral hospital for about a month. I learned a lot of things there, got prescribed some new medications, and I felt a lot better, at least until I returned to work. I took a less stressful position, but I am feeling the same way I did before getting help.

The only thing I can think of doing now is quitting my job. I’m trying hard to get a new one, but I’m not getting anywhere and I’m tired of feeling miserable all the time. I wanted to quit after the poo poo I had to deal with today. My store is going to have a “visit” (ie the company president comes to scrutinize the store)next week, and management is going nuts trying to make the store look nice. I have to make signs for all the displays. I’m having a hell of a time keeping up with it, and today one of my coworkers “accidentally” deleted my sign file. This person is always doing poo poo like this with my work, and I have had it with her. The customers are bad enough, I don’t need lovely coworkers too.

My dad understands what I want to do, but my mother insists I keep working until I get a new job. This is my first job. I’ve been at this company for 13 years, so I’m not a job hopper or anything like that. Losing my insurance would suck, but my state has expanded coverage with the ACA so I don’t think I would be without it for long. Plus I have money saved that I can live on for at least a year or so.

I know this a lot of words for a CSpam newbie, but I thought this was a good place to talk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I missed half my shift today because I woke up and had a panic attack about yesterday. I’m going to try to find a new counselor and see if that helps at all.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m taking some time off work to participate in an anxiety treatment program next week. I’m hoping it helps since it’s not a general wellness program like the one I went to last year.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So this week I found out I have OCD. It makes sense considering how I act with my anxiety. There are some things I’m extremely rigid about.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Tonight I watched a movie with my father for the first time in almost a year. It was nice.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m starting to give up on politics. I think it’s contributing to my feelings of helplessness.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm getting discharged from my anxiety treatment program tomorrow because my insurance won't pay for it anymore. :negative:

I only had two weeks left in the program. This is stupid.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I have a therapist I will be working with weekly to help reinforce what I learned. I will find out more tomorrow.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Before I left my group anxiety program, my psychiatrist recommended I stop working full time at my retail job due to how stressful and anxious it made me. Halving my work schedule has made me feel a little better, but now I have the added stress of trying to pay my bills with less money. I’m looking at my options for extra work on the side while I find a better job.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I spend the first half my shift at work in a near panic attack state. Something about my retail job really cranks up my anxiety. I’ve been working overnight when the store is closed and it still happens. I’ve been there for a long time, and I’ve been through two outpatient therapy programs in the past year to deal with my anxiety and depression. I feel like nothing helped.

I also think my sensory issues may have something to do with it. Even at night my work is very loud and the lights bother my eyes.

I’m trying hard to get a new job. I’ve been working this job for over 13 years and I’m really sick of it. I’m also sick of living with my parents 8 dogs (including 3 puppies we just got this year), but I’m not in any position to move out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

802.11weed posted:

do any of y’all ever get nightmares so bad and consistent that it keeps you up? it fuckin sucks . don’t like it one bit

I have night terrors almost every night. I’m not sure how long it’s been going on but I haven’t slept well in years.