Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I could probably benefit from therapy but personally I believe it’s better to have never needed the help, to avoid the stigma of mental illness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

This is an understandable concern but keep in mind literally no one needs to know if you don't want them to. Doctor/client privilege owns

Refusal to talk about it is a million times worse though you'll just rot inside until bad things happen

I’m satisfied with the bargain I’ve struck

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

being a leftist in america means you are mentally ill and also objectively correct

I dunno I think it’s more that they’re sad that they don’t have what it takes to succeed in this world, i.e., to become a predatory sociopath

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I stay sane by harming virtually everyone around me through subtle manipulation, but I’ve come to terms with my sadomasochism

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I also take insane umbrage at the smallest perceived slight and let it fester until I can figure out some really nasty and underhanded way to get back at them

but in my defense, when I was 7 years old I was an excellent reader so my dad made me read The Prince by Machiavelli and I internalized a lot of its teachings, especially all the stuff about deception and vengeance

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

later in my life i learned it was more likely a manual designed to provoke intense hatred of its practitioners, which frankly is a pretty great own by my dad

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

yeah probably but i live in america, nobody will look at me twice for being a scheming raptore

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i was thinking about going back to school to find some brilliant creative i can exploit

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

helps whom? is misery to cease when I am sated? will the world turn less cruelly when I want for little and settle for less still?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

please see a therapist

Zeroisanumber posted:

Time to find a therapist.

Chokes McGee posted:

please see a therapist

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I still believe there's more to gain from the inviolability of never having needed therapy than from what you can attain with it. I personally can detect this stain even when the therapized does not reveal themselves as having been recipients thereof. There's a kind of therapy rhetoric that's just as easily discerned as that of Dittoheads and trump-radicalized pseudofascists. It's another facet in people that can be exploited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I suppose I am advocating against therapy. As was set in the rules I cannot but acquiesce. I proudly bear any turbulence thereof and accept contratuitivity in this ideological feifdom.