Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

I have been waiting in this virtual waiting room for over 2 hours. I need my stupid scrip refilled today! How long should I wait until I call in to complain? Also anytime I've asked my pharmacy for an emergency 2 weeks worth of my anti-depressant they always said no. So I''m feeling particularly hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

indigi posted:

call now, also call your pharmacy

I did. Turns out he plain forgot about me. I should have called earlier.
I just called the pharmacy and they did get it. It's going to be ready tomorrow. Every month this happens.

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

It's living out of spite when others want you and others like you in general (lgbtq+, leftist, poor, black, jewish, muslim and so on.) dead, non-existent or quiet. Works well for me as I think the Nazis win if I cease to exist.

I also find spite very useful in creative endeavors.

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

wolfs posted:

How do I get diagnosed with depression what do I do

i just got insurance for the first time in my adult life and was too afraid to use my parents’ for mental health things

e: do I go on the insurance website and book a psychiatrist? is that the most expedient way?

Yeah you can go through your insurance's website to find psychiatrists to call and set up an appointment.
My provider's site sucked poo poo though so I called their help line and they gave me the info of some that were in area, in network, and taking new patients.

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

Consummate Professional posted:

has anyone here/anyone willing to talk about inpatient care?

I went inpatient as a minor. I think it helped. I learned that exercise or any physical exertion is a great way to relieve my anxiety and how to better be in touch with what I am feeling and why. It wasn't perfect and I still wonder if I ever really needed to go inpatient. But it's not anything I regret doing. Is there something specific you wanted to know about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

That's an awful situation. My parent went through something similar to your wife though they went in patient many times until they found a cocktail of medicine that worked for their mental illnesses. They were also struggling with drug abuse. I had group therapy and a therapist through my college at the time and it helped immensely. The feelings you described echoed what that time was like for me. It's so hard to see them go through the cycles and wash out the same or worse than before and besides your support there's nothing else you can do and it's very frustrating. They have to do it.