Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Is there any way to find a therapist who isn't theistic? Every single one I've ever met believes in some sort of diety. How am I supposed to trust someone to understand what I'm saying if they still believe in Santa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I simply don't trust the decision making skills and logical abilities of anyone who believes in things without any evidence.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm losing my mind

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Only thing that works for me is Adderall and I'm out. No prescription either.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I didn't eat for almost 2 days straight. Been having a complete breakdown, but otherwise fine.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Oolb posted:

aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too. My voice was failing yesterday due to all the screaming the day before.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm about to begin Prozac. Wish me luck with my boners. Not that I have use of them...

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

But I can still go hog wild on the bong, right?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I just took my first pill. If I cared, I'd rub a quick one out. Sadly I'm already too depressed to care.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Well I need to do something. I bought a shotgun recently with poor intentions, then chickened out and cancelled the order the next day.

I also just let my issues push out the first person I've felt anything for in years.

A human disaster

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

My canceled twice in the past week. Find another who will make time.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm very alone and it sucks

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Months into chemical and mental therapy. Nothing helps.

Everyone I've ever had serious feelings for doesn't want to talk to me anymore. I'm estranged from my weird, crap family. Isolated and alone. Forgotten and disposed.

mod edit: removed some personal information

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 22:00 on Nov 9, 2020

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Spent half the day screaming, crying, flailing around on the floor like a lunatic.

Happy times.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

My voice is hosed from screaming. Can hardly talk. This morning was better since I was in a bit of a drowsy daze.

I'm covered in bruises on my head from slamming it into the table. My sternum is bruised from me punching myself.

I am really losing my mind. But today is just low-grade depression.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Brain's working better today. Feeling almost normal. Maybe I'm starting to get a handle on myself.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Honestly, I'm actually feeling better.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Happy Thanksgiving fellow broke brains

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I ate a bowl of cream of wheat and sat at home.

Not doing wonders for my mental health.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

indigi posted:

can you try one of those lamp alarms that slowly gets brighter over half an hour?

I've had one for years and I still appreciate it. Waking up softly is a joy.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The past isn't feeling any better but the present is more tolerable. This has taken 3 months of drugs and therapy and I'm still far from fine.

Keep trying

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

What did you say?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

The eventual realization I came to is that I've been born, and there's nothing that can change that. Even death doesn't erase the fact I was born in the first place and have affected the world as a result. So, I make the best of the life I've been given.

This is the same conclusion I came to. Good brains.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Maha posted:

Feels like living in the timeline in which good was defeated forever. The biosphere is collapsing, discourse has been controlled by intelligence agencies since before we were born, all energy is safely shunted into cynical culture wars and moral panics. People's lives are intentionally kept scrabbling and precarious, running to stay in place. Looking at history and prehistory yields more horror.

Most humans are content with terrible things so long it benefits their needs.

In a just world, we would regulate this nonsense. Instead we have Freedom™

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Stairmaster posted:

anyone else feel like they're slowly going insane

Yes.

I've spent so much time and money not going crazy, I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

It is.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Austin is great and awful. Think of it like Texas's 'cool' party town. It jumped the shark long ago, yet plenty of fun to be had.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Consummate Professional posted:

I'm meeting with a substance abuse counselor/ doctor? tomorrow. I'm not even sure i would say I'm scared of their judgment anymore. I just want to be well. I've been counting my intake over the last week so I can be honest as possible.

This is a good thing to do.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm finally off all medication after 6 months of fluoxetine and quetiapine. I've cut out drinking, reduced marijuana usage. Fully vaccinated so at least I can start to participate in society once more.

I'm not happy but no longer feel dysfunctional. I can mostly operate within my standard routines.

Still struggling to get fitness integrated once more into my daily regiment. Not a fan of the 20 lbs I put on.

My psychiatrist sucks and won't see again, not that I need to. My therapist, however, is great and smarter than most. That's very important when having in-depth conversations about complex issues.

I'm not sure I'm where I need to be, but right now life is tolerable and that's a huge improvement over the past.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It's my birthday and I'm not happy but not suicidal. I think that's a win these days.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Negative feelings can serve purpose, yet are often poor motivators. At some point we have to decide what life we want, and then start doing the tedious stuff.

Good luck to you, I hope you can find more value in your self and strength for your family.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Goddamn I feel like dogshit.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Living alone sucks.

Cooking for one sucks.

Paying 100% of monthly rent and utilities sucks.

Having no family sucks.

Spending the vast majority of the past 16 months without in-person human interaction sucks.

I've not had a holiday, birthday, vacation, or special event in years.

I sit and look at the walls. Sometimes play music or videogames.

Alone. Sucks.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Sorry to say that Bowie is cancelled. A man in his 40s cannot have a 3-some with two underage people (one 16 and one 15) and remain an icon.

While the victims publicly shared they do not feel negative (in regards to the experience), a crime still occurred and Bowie abused his power.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Enjoy the art, but let's make sure not to elevate those who don't deserve it.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I do the same. Solidarity is important.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I've been off meds for months. I practically eliminated alcohol from my diet. I still feel awful most days.

Some days worse than that too.

I'm trying to have hope, but it feels like faith. You know, a lie we tell ourselves to feel better.

My life is empty and I feel broken.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

petit choux posted:

I can't advise you when I don't know your individual situation, but I can tell you that creating something, however simple, is always uplifting for me.

I ended up doing some much needed automotive maintenence. It is nice to compete tasks. Thanks.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Still trying to complete projects which has been one of the most grounding activities I could do. I unfortunately have other chores I really don't want to deal with, but I keep pushing a bit each day.

6 months ago I couldn't plan complex tasks

8 months ago I couldn't function

Still depressed and sad, which honestly might be with me for the rest of my life. Maybe this's as good as it gets.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I honestly have forgotten what it's like to feel loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Uganda Loves Me posted:

We have a monthly meeting at my local NAMI with guest speakers, and this time we had a panel of 5 pharmacists. It was amazing. One of them gave a presentation on genetic testing, and I hadn't realized it progressed so far. She said you can get a test for about $115 and there are ways to get help paying for it. They can tell you if you have a genetic predisposition to metabolize certain medications quickly or slowly, and all kinds of other things. Trying psych meds is such a frustrating experience full of trial and error. I'm going to get a test done, and see what my results are. I might not switch medications with the new information, but it would be a nice way to understand my experiences a little better.

Would love to hear more about this.