Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I’m tired I’m hot im dusty I wanna go home and this whole place is a giant fart

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Real disturbing that this whole place is a fart because I am the only one here and this is my basement. No wait, this is all consistent with my experience.

Rev. Bleech_

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

this whole place is not a fart but I cut a meat fart back here earlier so I understand the confusion

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I just finished two hours of Zoom meetings.
Fortunately, I was using a headset, so my farts were not audible to the other people in the meetings.
More importantly, they couldn't smell them.

"On Zoom, no one can smell your farts."

Jaded Burnout

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I’m tired I’m hot im dusty I wanna go home and this whole place is a giant fart

Aren't you your own boss?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Jaded Burnout posted:

Aren't you your own boss?

Don't remind me :negative:

I have nobody to blame but myself

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Dear sir/madame/deer,

While I do not expect perfection in resources when offering freelance work like this while officially unable to work, I do appreciate a moderate amount of detail and quality in describing what exactly the job is. I followed your instructions precisely based on the structure you provided to me and you sadly did not inform me that this list is to be read "upside down, disregarding the numbers" as you put it. I would also appreciate that next time you provide a certain amount of detail about what language you would like to see in my written work, at best before I am done writing it in its entirety. It also avoids confusion in language skills, as I unfortunately do not speak Portuguese either.
Furthermore, I will take the liberty to ignore your remaining 22 emails you sent by now given that our business is concluded and I do not appreciate "you suck" as valid criticism of my work.

Thank you for understanding, I hope that your promise that we will see each other in court will not come true, but I am happy to see you again smiling then if it comes to that.

Have a great day and suck my hairy balls,
GAG

Edit: oh poo poo this was supposed to be an email to the guy who's threatening me over the 60 bucks I got for writing a short essay during the lockdown, what a bummer that he won't get it now.

:psyduck: what is wrong with people????

Finger Prince

Work is like The Machine in the princess bride only it has a much finer scale so each day I go in and hook myself up to it and set it to "one day" and it sucks one day of my remaining lifespan from me and that's about all that can be said about it.

Escape From Noise

I am still employed for 60% of my pay. That's as much as I know.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Finger Prince posted:

Work is like The Machine in the princess bride only it has a much finer scale so each day I go in and hook myself up to it and set it to "one day" and it sucks one day of my remaining lifespan from me and that's about all that can be said about it.

.... oof

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Chewbecca posted:

I hate my job

It's very bad

Logging on

Makes me sad

:smith:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I have been waiting to hear from my work for too long. But is anyone hiring? Well other than that one place? Oh man.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

wearing a lampshade

me: hey we're starting this project a month behind our agreed timeline, we're updating the dates and everything right?
boss: we'll yeah i guess internally
me: what does that mean?
boss: we told the client we started work last month

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I got a completely different job. I worked at the old one for 12 years and am now starting over completely in a very different field. :shrug:

Jaded Burnout

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I got a completely different job. I worked at the old one for 12 years and am now starting over completely in a very different field. :shrug:

Farmer?

Chewbecca

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Oh boy, I fantasise about doing it but I'm too much of a wuss lol

wearing a lampshade

Nice

Goons Are Gifts

albany academy posted:

me: hey we're starting this project a month behind our agreed timeline, we're updating the dates and everything right?
boss: we'll yeah i guess internally
me: what does that mean?
boss: we told the client we started work last month

Ah yes, the magic of productivity by pressure

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

A starting position working in an Amazon warehouse. I feel it is my penance for ordering so many things with Amazon Prime

wearing a lampshade

Goons Are Great posted:

Ah yes, the magic of productivity by pressure

my favourite thing about giving a timeline with tons of room for "things going wrong" is already full up with said things before starting

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i hate work. gently caress!!

wearing a lampshade

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i hate work. gently caress!!

:twisted:

Jaded Burnout

I slept for like 15 hours and started work 2 hours late. Oh well!

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Did OP know that by 2020 a lot of us would work from home against our employers wishes?

Zurtilik

I work with truckers and they're pretty cool. AMA.

Goons Are Gifts

What do you do with truckers? Do you get to hear exciting trucker stories?

Zurtilik

Basically. I work in claims so they run into stuff or stuff runs into them and I get to ask them 1,000 questions and continually lower their expectations of insurance and their fellow trucking companies.

A lot of them are kinda lonely and are hard to get off of the phone.

Jaded Burnout

I have 2 hours left today and I've been sat around waiting for someone who's been tied up all day and I suspect will remain so until EOD. Easiest day rate I've ever made.

Escape From Noise

Work? I think I remember work. I am just curious why my pay for staying home and doing nothing suddenly increased by a bunch this month.

Chewbecca

Working from home is making me super depressed because I never leave the office because I also live in a place with a curfew where you can only leave the house one hour a day!

lol!

lol at everything!

Goons Are Gifts

It is very important to have a separate work room in some way. We tend to underestimate the power a different environment has, but just as a gym makes us workout, an office makes us work and it is vital to maintain this difference and not have it blend over other stuff.

I'd recommend creating a specific work room, if you have one, or if you don't designate a specialized work zone in your home that you only and exclusively enter if you're working. Not even to chitchat during work, just work. That way you may start hating this specific corner, but you can somewhat get a different feeling from how it is to work and how it is to not work.
That's why I'm always against home office stuff except when absolutely necessary, as it makes this separation necessary and if you don't do it, you end up being at work permanently.

Chewbecca

Yeah I work in the living room cos not enough room at my unit. It's sort of got a 'zone' but I need to manage my time better and actually get up and go for walks etc =\

Zurtilik

I don't care about my job enough to keep working any more almost. So I basically just go into the actual office on Monday and pound out as much backlog as I can and then barely work the rest of the week at home and I'm sure sooner or later this will blow up in my face.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 31, 2020

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

It is very important to have a separate work room in some way. We tend to underestimate the power a different environment has, but just as a gym makes us workout, an office makes us work and it is vital to maintain this difference and not have it blend over other stuff.

I'd recommend creating a specific work room, if you have one, or if you don't designate a specialized work zone in your home that you only and exclusively enter if you're working. Not even to chitchat during work, just work. That way you may start hating this specific corner, but you can somewhat get a different feeling from how it is to work and how it is to not work.
That's why I'm always against home office stuff except when absolutely necessary, as it makes this separation necessary and if you don't do it, you end up being at work permanently.

This is a thing which with I agree.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Chewbecca

Zurtilik posted:

I don't care about my job enough to keep working any more almost. So I basically just go into the actual office on Monday and pound out as much backlog as I can and then barely work the rest of the week at home and I'm sure sooner or later this will blow up in my face.

I've seen people last a long time doing a lot less, so who knows :unsmith:

Zurtilik

Chewbecca posted:

I've seen people last a long time doing a lot less, so who knows :unsmith:

I'm looking for a different enough job. But with a lot of unemployed people out there I worry it'll be a bit more uphill than normal right now.

Oh well!

Escape From Noise

A brewery in Kyoto is hiring. I don't want to live in Kyoto but I could probably commute, even if I'd have to move.

Chewbecca

Japan owns - that's my official stance on the matter

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

Japan owns - that's my official stance on the matter

For sure. I like visiting Kyoto, but I don't want to live there. Kyotoites are the Parisians of Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

A brewery in Kyoto is hiring. I don't want to live in Kyoto but I could probably commute, even if I'd have to move.

That sounds really cool