Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wearing a lampshade

Commuting in japan honestly sounds like a breeze too, considering commuting in canada is usually a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Oh, for sure. Commuting in Japan is way easier. I'd prefer it to living in Kyoto. Those people are (mostly) judgemental dicks. I have friends there so I could handle it short term if I had to but...I just really dig Osaka.

Jaded Burnout

I am stuck in my lil office on a warm day and let me tell you, the whole place is a fart

Prof. Crocodile

hey work crew, i don't mean to brag but...

this morning i awoke to 7 people barking at me about 'urgent' deliverables that had nothing to do with my job. with a little skill and luck, i've managed to pawn them all off on one another, effectively weaving a daisy chain of panicky indecisive people with ill-defined needs, then slipping out of that daisy chain.

now imma take a long lunch and maybe even hit the gym as they hurl accusations and recriminations at one another over email.

today i am am the farter, and not the fartee :smug:

Jaded Burnout

nice nice nice

Escape From Noise

I sort of remember work. I think I still have a job?

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Goons Are Gifts

Without giving any context to why and without being any kind of computer toucher or marketing person in any way, let me state that SEO sucks as a field of marketing, makes texts bad and unreadable and is an insult to linguistics at large. Screw google for making this a thing.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I, for one, am looking forward to the downfall of capitalism, although I wouldn't survive long in a bartering system as I can't offer, or do, anything if value

Maybe I can ghost write posts for 20 year old comedy forums, if anyone is interested in that as a skillset

I'm off work next week, so look forward to some posting boys and girls!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Also another team at my work are getting restructured and people are losing their jobs, and if that isn't a fart I don't even know what is :maga:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I just got a message from my coworker and apparently the place I work is actually going to get their brewing license all of a fuckin' sudden? Like just out of nowhere! What the actual gently caress?

Finger Prince

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I just got a message from my coworker and apparently the place I work is actually going to get their brewing license all of a fuckin' sudden? Like just out of nowhere! What the actual gently caress?

Appropriate hands were greased.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

Appropriate hands were greased.

Well yeah. Tax office is in charge of licensing. They make it hard because Asahi, Kirin, and Suntory grease their palms real nice with all of the tax dollars and stuff they spend making large volumes of booze

Finger Prince

gently caress it's only Tuesday.

Escape From Noise

Okay. I don't know what's happening. I guess we didn't get our brewing license, but there was finally progress? I don't know. I'm going to try and drop by tomorrow, see what's up, and if I can't get answers from anyone at the restaurant I'll see if they can tell me who to bug. Jesus.

Even if we get it I have a lot of work ahead of me if I'm going to get everything ready. The brewery section has been being used as a storage area for the bar and kitchen so that has to be cleaned out, I don't know if they got a mill yet, if they did I have no idea where that's going to be set up, we don't have an adequate cold room for finished beer, and we don't have any 10 or 15 liter kegs (delivery companies won't cold ship 20 liter kegs here and most places don't order kegs that big) or our bottler yet, so we can't really do outside sales which would have been viable before, but not in the current environment I don't think.

This is why non brewers shouldn't set up breweries!

Chewbecca

Wait is this a good thing? This is a good thing right?

In work related news I just stayed up until 1am trying to work out how to ungroup cells in a table in powerpoint so I can animate then separately and do we really have to keep doing this work thing?

Like, until we're old?!!

Escape From Noise

Chewbecca posted:

Wait is this a good thing? This is a good thing right?

In work related news I just stayed up until 1am trying to work out how to ungroup cells in a table in powerpoint so I can animate then separately and do we really have to keep doing this work thing?

Like, until we're old?!!

Possibly. I need to confirm things tomorrow. I think it may just be that progress towards getting it was finally made. If even only that is true it's good news because the time between the final inspection and licensing should take less than a month.

Escape From Noise

Okay. The news was kind of cryptic. Basically they just told me that the next step has been reached and that's all that they know. I'm going to try to tease out more info possibly from someone higher up, but, based on what I know, The next step would be confirmation of the final inspection, it should take less than a month for the actual final inspection to take place, then very little time to licensing usually.

Goons Are Gifts

:toot:

Escape From Noise

Lol. Nevermind, they're over four months away at least from getting their license.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

coronavirus + japanese bureaucracy = sloooooooow, I take it?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Escape From Noise

Lock posted:

coronavirus + japanese bureaucracy = sloooooooow, I take it?

Osaka does not make getting a license easy but the company I work for has also not done a good job. We should have had our license before the pandemic. I've been stuck behind the bar or furloughed for over a year. I sorta wish I'd waited a while longer for the other place that wanted to hire me but I was burnt out by the last place and wanted to get away from that psycho boss. This guy nearby wants to hire me but he hasn't even started construction. I also think he wants to go real small scale which is better than nothing but I want to do more production.

Jinh

My job is driving around to bars all day. I have visited 4 bars so far today and am going to visit 7 more including one as a lil special trip. Just left an Irish pub :cheerdoge:

Jinh

Boss asked me to hang out with a brewery rep and sample some beers at my second to last stop :beerpal:

The only downside of this work is that the last thing I want after work is to have a drink/go out drinking. It's buck wild to me how bartenders can enjoy coming in to hang out when they're off the clock!

more falafel please

forums poster

work PC took a big poop and isn't booting so I kinda sorta have a day off

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

As I was pulling in to work, I remembered the time I had the c3p0 Waze voice, and pulling up to the gate, he said "you have arrived at your destination. Oh, what a desolate place this is" and I was like, oh 3p0, you have no idea how right you are.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Jinh posted:

Boss asked me to hang out with a brewery rep and sample some beers at my second to last stop :beerpal:

The only downside of this work is that the last thing I want after work is to have a drink/go out drinking. It's buck wild to me how bartenders can enjoy coming in to hang out when they're off the clock!

What do you do exactly? You like a brand rep or something?

Jinh

Zurtilik posted:

What do you do exactly? You like a brand rep or something?

I clean, fix and install draft (keg) beer equipment for a beer distributor in Florida. Most of the time I'm just flitting like a beer fairy from bar to bar cleaning their stuff and chatting with bartenders and patrons. Its extremely chill and my bosses are all great and it pays OK.

Sometimes I have special trips, like something's broken and spraying beer everywhere :kingsley: or like today where I have to deliver a bunch of cases and kegs to a fancy cigar bar that's just reopened :clint: I can also fix neon signs, although our replacement parts supplier in the US just closed shop so we've stopped doing that sadly.

Escape From Noise

Thinking I should get my poo poo together and start working towards opening my own loving place. It's going to be brutal getting things going but maybe I can do this? Need to work on a business plan first.

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Jinh posted:

I clean, fix and install draft (keg) beer equipment for a beer distributor in Florida. Most of the time I'm just flitting like a beer fairy from bar to bar cleaning their stuff and chatting with bartenders and patrons. Its extremely chill and my bosses are all great and it pays OK.

Sometimes I have special trips, like something's broken and spraying beer everywhere :kingsley: or like today where I have to deliver a bunch of cases and kegs to a fancy cigar bar that's just reopened :clint: I can also fix neon signs, although our replacement parts supplier in the US just closed shop so we've stopped doing that sadly.

that seems like a p neat living

Thinking I should get my poo poo together and start working towards opening my own loving place. It's going to be brutal getting things going but maybe I can do this? Need to work on a business plan first.

I will be the first there to sample your wares.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Jinh posted:

Sounds neat as heck!