Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

wandler20 posted:

It seems like they both came to be about the same time but XFL needed another year to get things together for some reason.

Edit: XFL announced Jan of 2018, AAF announced March 2018.

One of the reasons a lot of people throw around for the original XFL being as bad as it was is that they had far too short of a camp/preseason period before they started games. Supposedly this was pushed more by NBC because they were really pissed about losing the NFL and wanted something to counter it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who cares about the Big Trump Fundraiser's fake football league, let's talk more about future AAF Hall of Famer John Wolford

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Benne posted:

Who cares about the Big Trump Fundraiser's fake football league, let's talk more about future AAF Hall of Famer John Wolford

He’s going to hold all the records a dozen years from now. First ballot HOF at Canton.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The XFL won’t have Rashad Ross or John Wolford, so really, who gives a poo poo?

The only way the XFL will ever succeed is if Nathan Peterman is on the league’s top team.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Gonz posted:

He’s going to hold all the records a dozen years from now. First ballot HOF at Canton.

I genuinely hope there is a HOF for the AAF. It seems like it could be a lot of tongue in cheek fun.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Honestly how would Tebow be doing if this was his quixotic career instead of AA baseball? Can't be worse than Hack.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
I love how ashamed CBS is of putting this poo poo on their broadcast channel (not happening again for the rest of the season).

I'm not paying for Cable Lite to watch this. Hack is a special form of terrible.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

defaultluser posted:

I love how ashamed CBS is of putting this poo poo on their broadcast channel (not happening again for the rest of the season).

I'm not paying for Cable Lite to watch this. Hack is a special form of terrible.

It's actually happening again this weekend

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Honestly how would Tebow be doing if this was his quixotic career instead of AA baseball? Can't be worse than Hack.

He would be the best QB in the league and probably best RB also.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

GO APOLLOS

Spurrier is going to have so much fun in this league, lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a neat cape posted:

Yeah but on cable, not broadcast TV, which I think was his point.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Did the people behind the XFL not know about the AAF?

I think the AAF was in the works for a longer time before they announced it, while Vince decided to springboard off that XFL documentary even if they weren’t ready yet.

That said, the XFL should field teams entirely of incarcerated former college and NFL players, playing for their freedom.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Spurrier lookin old af

God i love him though

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

a neat cape posted:

Did something change? Otherwise no it isn't

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’re putting it behind a paywall?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's a game on TNT this weekend, there's a playoff game on TNT, and CBS gets the championship game

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I think the AAF was in the works for a longer time before they announced it, while Vince decided to springboard off that XFL documentary even if they weren’t ready yet.

That said, the XFL should field teams entirely of incarcerated former college and NFL players, playing for their freedom.

Don't they have the opposite, like you can't play in the league if you've been arrested or convicted of a crime?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The QB competition to end all QB competitions is on

https://twitter.com/BIeacherRaport/status/1095051063567228928

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ryan leaf waits eagerly by the phone

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chris James 2 posted:

There's a game on TNT this weekend, there's a playoff game on TNT, and CBS gets the championship game

Disappointing but I'll watch like I watch NFL games.

Reddit streams!

E

^^^ Bleacher Raport

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

waah posted:

Here goes your player of the week's the pick six:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLarer8tbMs

I hated Spur-dog for years after shithousing us in the '94 Sugar Bowl but he won me over eventually, go Apollos.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The QB competition to end all QB competitions is on

BleacherRaport

Adarnschefter

Brownsfan

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

This league is the best. E: Even without JaMarcus. He might be an improvement though.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 12, 2019

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

BleacherRaport

Adarnschefter

Brownsfan

Goddamnit. It just was just too good to be true. I remember an article that he was trying to make it back in so it seemed believable

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That would be so amazing that I am just going to keep imagining it's real.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Week 2 Power Rankings:

Jim Reineking, USA Today
Ben Kercheval, CBS Sports
1. Arizona Hotshots
2. Orlando Apollos
3. Birmingham Iron
4. San Antonio Commanders
5. Salt Lake Stallions
6. San Diego Fleet
7. Atlanta Legends
8. Memphis Express

Jon Lunceford, JOX FM
Thomas Casale, RotoGrinders.com
1. Arizona Hotshots
2. Orlando Apollos
3. Birmingham Iron
5. Salt Lake Stallions
6. San Diego Fleet
7. Memphis Express
8. Atlanta Legends

So who is the true last place contender, Atlanta or Memphis?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Rastor posted:

Week 2 Power Rankings:

Jim Reineking, USA Today
1. Arizona Hotshots
2. Orlando Apollos
3. Birmingham Iron
5. Salt Lake Stallions
6. San Diego Fleet
7. Atlanta Legends
8. Memphis Express
9. Hackenberg

Jon Lunceford, JOX FM
1. Arizona Hotshots
2. Orlando Apollos
3. Birmingham Iron
5. Salt Lake Stallions
6. San Diego Fleet
7. Memphis Express
8. Atlanta Legends
9. Hackenberg

Fixed it so there is no doubt!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rastor posted:

Week 2 Power Rankings:

Jim Reineking, USA Today
1. Arizona Hotshots
2. Orlando Apollos
3. Birmingham Iron
5. Salt Lake Stallions
6. San Diego Fleet
7. Atlanta Legends
8. Memphis Express

Jon Lunceford, JOX FM
1. Arizona Hotshots
2. Orlando Apollos
3. Birmingham Iron
5. Salt Lake Stallions
6. San Diego Fleet
7. Memphis Express
8. Atlanta Legends

i'm really pissed off that orlando isnt 1st

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

I was so ready and willing to believe this.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This actually looks really good! Could the dream of an NFL farm system that isn't just loving up college kids become reality?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

i'm really pissed off that orlando isnt 1st

hotshots beat a team that didn't look awful while orlando picked on atlanta

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

gently caress. Why is the Express never on a channel I can actually watch. How are they going to win if I can’t root for them?!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

latinotwink1997 posted:

gently caress. Why is the Express never on a channel I can actually watch. How are they going to win if I can’t root for them?!

Reddit nflstreams had some decent options last weekend, if you're into that :ssh:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Docjowles posted:

Reddit nflstreams had some decent options last weekend, if you're into that :ssh:

Yeah not all of the regular streamers seem to be participating, but I like to do grandmastreams and then open the stream on the actual youtube site to get rid of all the extraneous ads. I was happy to see it on there because gently caress cable

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crescent Wrench posted:

I was so ready and willing to believe this.

He's 33

Like, even if he is a completely different person now and actually ready to do the hard work, he hasn't played pro football in nearly a decade

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

fwiw the app streams seemed to be the broadcast streams except for the NFL Network one.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Was there ever any reason given for the Hotshots game not having all the extra mics like the others?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The app stream being essentially raw camera feeds makes me think the broadcast was run completely by the NFL Network and they just decided not to.

Everything else was CBS, so watching the TNT game will an be interesting data point to see what is AAF vs CBS vs NFLN vs whoever else.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Was there ever any reason given for the Hotshots game not having all the extra mics like the others?

Hack said gently caress a lot so the whole gimmick is probably out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dango Bango posted:

They never gave an official reason but it's either just NFL Network doing things differently or them not using the mics after Hackenberg swore up a storm in the previous game

Yet another beautiful thing Christian Hackenberg has destroyed

If it's the latter then I'm hoping it's not permanent and they only turned them off for that game in lieu of a better solution to censoring bad language (a delay) which they'll implement this week.