Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
New Firefox is good but it supports none of the old add ons like tab mix plus so it's back to waterfox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

last in line used to get mad in the grey forums when people would figure out how to block ads/turn their screens off in youtube so he's definitely some sort of weird combo of bootlicker and/or concern troll

frh
Dec 6, 2014

carry on then posted:

i would prefer not to give a poo poo but it's hard watching the idiot presenter bumble through 230 open tabs in one window to find the one he wanted to show on webex

it looks like with the paxmod add-on for firefox, this isn't a problem! see the previous poster:

you can actually read the tab titles now!

Sweevo posted:

did you know that webpages still exist after you close the tab? crazy right! you can just visit them again and they're still there.

closing the tab doesn't work either because i believe chome only keeps your history for 90 days which is just lol. i'm guessing because they're a search company and they literally want you to forget the website you were trying to find so you actually use their search engine to find it.

Sweevo posted:

did you know that webpages still exist after you close the tab? crazy right! you can just visit them again and they're still there. you can even bookmark them if you want. you don't have to keep 200 tabs open just in case you want to read something again in eight months time

i kinda get it though. i can be a bit of a tab hoarder sometimes because there's something i would like to read later, but i know if i put it in a bookmark i will literally never visit it again.