Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Nin seems like she's one of those tabletop-to-video game characters that becomes iconic for her sub-type of character, like how Dak'kon from Planescape is for githzerai and how Lae'zel from BG3 is for githyanki. I honestly never knew that wolves could become werewolves in WTA, since all the characters to my recollection were humans in their base form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Whirling posted:

Nin seems like she's one of those tabletop-to-video game characters that becomes iconic for her sub-type of character, like how Dak'kon from Planescape is for githzerai and how Lae'zel from BG3 is for githyanki. I honestly never knew that wolves could become werewolves in WTA, since all the characters to my recollection were humans in their base form.

Oh, yeah. Original Werewolf there were three breeds: Human, wolf-born (or lupus) and Metis (born from two werewolves that was a bad idea from the inception starting with its name and is now gone).

Recent funny bit of writing: "They met in Brooklyn when it was still hardcore to rap about growing up there."

Also:

Book of Hungry Names posted:

But the galliard has been at this for a few years, and is rarely flummoxed by a new experience, which means you mostly just get to have fun, listen to music, and wander around the grubbier parts of the Valley with a weird little wolf-born.

:allears:

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 2, 2024

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
FYI it sounds like there will be a patch on Monday that might severely roll back save data on the apps and steam version of Book of Hungry Names. I guess I'm marathoning this because I think I'm in the back 75%. How many chapters are there exactly?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

FYI it sounds like there will be a patch on Monday that might severely roll back save data on the apps and steam version of Book of Hungry Names. I guess I'm marathoning this because I think I'm in the back 75%. How many chapters are there exactly?

Ten I believe.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

okay when the hell did david lynch started co-producing the story

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

dead gay comedy forums posted:

okay when the hell did david lynch started co-producing the story

Did you just get to the Roadhouse? Or was it ontological evil began to exist in the world with the development of man-made nuclear fission?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 5, 2024

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dawgstar posted:

Ten I believe.

Ah, yeah, I’m at the start of chapter 8 and it felt like there were 1-2 chapters of story left, but I wasn’t sure.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I also have this on my phone so I can play at work during downtime. My first playthrough on PC is a charisma/maniuplation focused black fury gaillard and comparing that to the start as a strength/dex focused ahroun (aiming for bone gnawers) is interesting. I'm sitting at 4 out 5 levels of damage from sleeping outside as compared to my social focused character who grabbed a shelter bed her first night and a house her second.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Did you just get to the Roadhouse? Or was it ontological evil began to exist in the world with the development of man-made nuclear fission?

Just finished!

I thought the later woofgame had put more nuance on "nuclear = bad" side of things lol

I feel I got the general flow of the story, but I dunno if my char was too much of a dummy to have more revealing dialogues and updates, to learn more about moments such as these amazing mindfucks because Melodie suddenly out-of-loving-nowhere started pontificating as if doing her bit of Rust Cohle from True Detective and the game's text didn't change or there was no acknowledgement of that at all, unlike other scenes. I just assumed that it was the Tiger/the book taking a greater psychic toll. Since I never played woof, I just went along without much planning and ended up being a child of gaia philodox built to be a groundskeeping machine with good physical stats and mechanical skill, then realizing that Resolve/Composure definitely are good ideas to splurge up.

thinking about a black fury/silver fang full moon to just wallop dumbasses silly for laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Can confirm that "No, screw YOU!" style is very fun, which I did as a Silver Fang in a sort of Ahroun Von Punchenstein manner. Especially if you get Greynail and Clay's Gifts. Squirrel also, oddly at first glance maybe, comes in handy but Squirrel's Gift is honestly useful for anybody with any Dex + Athletics investment.