Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

chiasaur11 posted:

So, if the game teaches the player to approach it in a way that makes its bad design decisions even worse, then the player deserves to be punished?

That's pretty messed up logic.

it's sort of like how dark souls lets you play with a shield, and can be beaten that way, even though it's no fun and poo poo compared to getting good at playing the game 'properly'

bloodborne correctly realises this is stupid and doesn't let you use a shield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
:frog: new video
Ep 92 - Chapter 27 - King Garon (part 5)

its over

thank u for watching this garbage. i think my next lp will be less garbage

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

For the record, Garon doesn't turn into a dragon in Conquest. It's much dumber. He turns into a giant slime monster. And after you kill that, Takumi comes in and becomes the last boss.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

This was... A game. Also upgrade a puppet to lvl 3 why the gently caress would you do that.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
@11:32 "-Who's in charge of Nohr? -Us!"

Put Kana on the throne. She deserves it. Too bad you pressed start again during the credits, that was where the ending slides appear (I think I recall they run alongside on the second screen)

And yes, Conquest is magnitudes stupider than Birthright. If I can use a poor metaphor, Birthright is like plain oatmeal where Hoshido does no wrong and its dull.

Conquest is intellectual poison.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Its a shame we won't see Conquest and the real depths of dumb this game's writing plumbs, but this was a great LP and I hope your next one really is more enjoyable for you, looking forward to it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

WilliamAnderson posted:

This was... A game. Also upgrade a puppet to lvl 3 why the gently caress would you do that.

They help out slightly in the invasion mode where other players can invade your castle.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

booksnake posted:

@11:32 "-Who's in charge of Nohr? -Us!"

Put Kana on the throne. She deserves it. Too bad you pressed start again during the credits, that was where the ending slides appear (I think I recall they run alongside on the second screen)

And yes, Conquest is magnitudes stupider than Birthright. If I can use a poor metaphor, Birthright is like plain oatmeal where Hoshido does no wrong and its dull.

Conquest is intellectual poison.

And Revelations is where someone screws up making oatmeal and you get a bowl of soggy oats that can barely be called a meal.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
For the record, those "bullet casings" on the title screen are actually beads from Azura's necklace. The Fire Emblem, meanwhile, is the Yato.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Congrats on finally completing the game, just a week shy of it taking an entire year of your lives! :toot:

so when's conquest

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

You're only going to be disappointed by the official character endings. But now you can write your own!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
This was extremely cursed.

Good job!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Congrats on surviving! Watching this LP certainly was like an ocean of waves weaving a dream.

Looking forward to another three years of Conquest/Revelations/Xenoblade Chronicles X.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
Congrats on completing this mess of what could possibly be called "a game"! Thanks for the LP!

Now that it's gone, I'll have to find some other terrible game to watch while I eat breakfast. That being said, I'm looking forwards to whatever LP you plan on doing next, trainwreck of a game or not!

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Congratulations on making it through. Thanks for the LP.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Congrats on getting through a dumb game of bad characters

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Thanks everyone. I was thoroughly entertained by this LP. The game itself, not so much.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
This all sure was some kind of a thing, I suppose, and seems broadly commendable

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
Good job all, that was a fun watch. Still holding out hope that there might be Conquest / Revelations because some more big dumb happens,

Cool Dogs Only
Nov 10, 2012
Please, please play a good game next.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Cool Dogs Only posted:

I cannot guarantee that

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

MiniFoo posted:

I cannot guarantee that

I always knew y'all would do good by Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Lemme get the "Uh! Yeah!" all set and ready to go...

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Cool Dogs Only posted:

ok

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My bet's on XCOM 2

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

I always knew y'all would do good by Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Lemme get the "Uh! Yeah!" all set and ready to go...

"Don't forget me!" (yes I know its XB2).

I can hope they come back to the 200 hour abyss.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

MiniFoo posted:

I cannot guarantee that
Magic Knight Rayearth was such an unexpected gem. I'm hoping for one of three options:

Y'all do a good game that you enjoy and have fun with somehow.
Lightning strikes another time and it's a surprisingly adorable game that looks like trash.
Shenmue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Looking forward to the next LP and hearing this for 28 minutes an episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5MvVjawMo