Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I have a soft spot for people who play trash games with their friends. I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I don't really have any words except "I'm afraid"

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Scrap Dragon posted:

I assume it’s the tedium more than the difficulty he’s wishing you luck with.

Yeah, that and the plot.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
what the hell is wrong with you

do a pokemon lp instead

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
because its valentines day and i love you all so much here is another episode

:frogsiren: Ep 01 - Nohr

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Oh man, this should be a ton of fun.

Fates has really excellent mechanics- so much so that I find it difficult to go back to Awakening when Fates does everything about its gameplay much, much better. It really avoids some of the stupid RNG-swinginess that made Awakening such a crapshoot sometimes, and its new weapon mechanics allow for much more intricate gameplay.

It's too bad that the plot, characters, and supports are such a garbage fire that keep me from enjoying the game.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I hope everyone liked Leo's collar being backwards, because it's the only joke they wrote for like every game he's in.

Whamukars
May 9, 2016

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
The localizaton has a lot to mock about

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whamukars posted:

The localizaton has a lot to mock about

I thought there was an issue about there being like 14 writers and no one being able to settle on one story to focus on too?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kuvo posted:

because its valentines day and i love you all so much here is another episode

:frogsiren: Ep 01 - Nohr

Minifoo has betrayed us olds :negative:

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
Well I was thinking of getting conquest today so I'll consider this a sign from the anime gods.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

All FE games have anime tropes in them but most don’t get too bad about it. Hell even Radiant Dawn and Awakening weren’t too bad about it.

Fates doesn’t just lean hard into anime tropes, it leans hard into the worst anime tropes. Thankfully the gameplay isn’t awful.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
As is already evident, Fates's writing is not its strong point. For the most part, things are either tropey or nonsensical.

Still, I think the game play is solid and I'd argue that some chapters of Conquest are some of the best maps in the series.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
"It's horny all the way down" would also have made a good thread title

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Proof that all anime should be destroyed.

RareAcumen posted:

I thought there was an issue about there being like 14 writers and no one being able to settle on one story to focus on too?

The English version of Fates suffers from both bad writing from the Japanese version and bad localization. The localizers were basically given a turd, but ended up making it even worse in some places.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I played through Birthright before fading out during Conquest. Not the best english FEs out there.

FE9 is best FE

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It does make me worry about the upcoming one on switch, especially since they're elbow-dropping deeper into anime by being set in a high-school.
(Though atleast it seems like if they have different stories based on which kingdom you support, it'll all be in 1 title instead of going the pokemon route again.)

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

SubNat posted:

It does make me worry about the upcoming one on switch, especially since they're elbow-dropping deeper into anime by being set in a high-school.
(Though atleast it seems like if they have different stories based on which kingdom you support, it'll all be in 1 title instead of going the pokemon route again.)

It looks more like College than High School to me.

Also Birthright it's a pretty whatever FE game. The real dumb poo poo happens in the other two paths.

Whamukars
May 9, 2016

*technically*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Whamukars
May 9, 2016

Prehaps the most infamous bit in the localization

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Japan doesn't have a good track record with princesses named Elise.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

So it's not this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6oNJsfMtis

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
So the birthright is the one who says she's your sister, and the conquest is the one with the huge rack, have I got that right?

Gaearin
May 15, 2013

Angel to you, Devil to me
Oh man. This is going to be a trip. I've played through all three paths way too many times and let me tell you: it doesn't get better, but it does get worse. This should be fun. :munch:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zenostein posted:

So the birthright is the one who says she's your sister, and the conquest is the one with the huge rack, have I got that right?

Just use the handy guide in the OP!

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Chome is where the heart is.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

every time camilla is on screen I am filled with a deep, inexplicable disappointment

She's bar none the most popular character from this game isn't she? People suck

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Is this the early years of Noam Chomsky? I always thought he punched a horse or two in his time.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 15, 2019

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Kuvo posted:

He did the mic check then proceeded to do the entire recording reclining away from it. Its fixed by ep 6.

In my defense, I had just smoked a bowl before recording,

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

melodicwaffle posted:

every time camilla is on screen I am filled with a deep, inexplicable disappointment

She's bar none the most popular character from this game isn't she? People suck
In the Fire Emblem mobile game there are six different variants of Camilla and last month she came third in a fan poll where the top four characters get a special variant, so soon there will be seven. :v:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Worth noting: she's naturally playable in Fire Emblem Warriors as well, and in a conversation, Chrom mentions that her... devotion... to her siblings crosses a line into deeply disturbing.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Gaearin posted:

Oh man. This is going to be a trip. I've played through all three paths way too many times and let me tell you: it doesn't get better, but it does get worse. This should be fun. :munch:

By "way too many times" do you mean "at all?"

BlazetheInferno posted:

Worth noting: she's naturally playable in Fire Emblem Warriors as well, and in a conversation, Chrom mentions that her... devotion... to her siblings crosses a line into deeply disturbing.

This feels like the creators acknowledging that they screwed up with her characterization. Assuming, of course, that they didn't do it on purpose (which makes me question the sanity of the people who like her).

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

I will always despise Corrin for not wearing shoes. Also for being added to smash. I guess its better than them adding Camilla to smash, or another Marth clone.

It should have been Hector or Black Knight, that would kick rear end.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The first bad sign for this game was the fact that it's three games instead of one or at most two.

The second is designing your character and having pretty much no options besides hair to differentiate them with. Awakening gave you three different portraits for height and they all had specific hairstyles only for whichever one you pick.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Besides the thousands of Marths in Smash, I too only have the experience with the one Fire Emblem on GBA.

I can't believe that we can't have Waluigi, but sure, throw in some characters from Meet And gently caress: Fire Emblem in Ultimate.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

They should’ve put in Hector, who is objectively the best Lord in any FE game. He’s better than Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Robin, Corrin and Ike COMBINED.

Hes the indestructible man who is too cool for swords.

Edit: Meet and gently caress FE is a good thread title

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Oh no, why are you doing this to yourself?

Personally, I think the Conquest... "story" is much more riffable so I hope you have the mental fortitude to do it as well. Plus it's the only one with actually good maps.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Birthrights story is pretty vanilla as far as Fire Emblem stories. Conquest and Revelations is where the real dumb poo poo is, and wow is there some real dumb poo poo there.

Conquest also happens to have some of the best maps and gameplay in the whole series so it's a pretty mixed bag.

Revelations just sucks.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

coleman francis posted:

Oh no no no no, you won't fool me again good sir. Not falling for this. Nuh-uh.

This is definitely real. Important to get this LP going now so that there's something to add another episode of Star Ocean (I think? It's been a while) into the thread come April 1.

melodicwaffle posted:

I don't really have any words except "I'm afraid"

Relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

florida lan posted:

This is definitely real. Important to get this LP going now so that there's something to add another episode of Star Ocean (I think? It's been a while) into the thread come April 1.

Xenoblade Chronicles X or Xenoblade 2. I hope personally for the return of X. Yeah yeah yeah.