Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I like this final 3! I think Adam did maneuvers but made a point to telegraph his moves and he got out of corners a few times. I think that's why I didn't like him despite often liking the moves themselves. It felt very much like he was trying "resume build" in an ostentatious way. Ken played a more straightforward game, kinda boring overall. I think Hannah did a great job placing herself in a swing position often. Flip-flopper is a dumb insult to use against her. Lol at Adam calling her moves "rogue" because they weren't part of his plan.

Weirdest part of this tribal was this one dude coming out as a lawyer and then advocating for Adam, like, I guess he just decided by himself that Adam was the one to make Ken make his own decision? For that matter, if Ken doesn't get credit for it, why Adam over Hannah?

Oh... okay clean sweep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopZeus
Aug 11, 2010

Khanstant posted:

I like this final 3! I think Adam did maneuvers but made a point to telegraph his moves and he got out of corners a few times. I think that's why I didn't like him despite often liking the moves themselves. It felt very much like he was trying "resume build" in an ostentatious way. Ken played a more straightforward game, kinda boring overall. I think Hannah did a great job placing herself in a swing position often. Flip-flopper is a dumb insult to use against her. Lol at Adam calling her moves "rogue" because they weren't part of his plan.

Weirdest part of this tribal was this one dude coming out as a lawyer and then advocating for Adam, like, I guess he just decided by himself that Adam was the one to make Ken make his own decision? For that matter, if Ken doesn't get credit for it, why Adam over Hannah?

Oh... okay clean sweep.

I wonder if Adam hadn’t been going through an incredibly hard situation (and honestly medical bills wise needed the money the most) if Hannah could’ve had a shot. I thought by the end she’d really played a good game. Wasn’t she on the right side of the vote every time but one?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

being on the right side of of votes doesn't matter if people don't like or respect you

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Lone Goat posted:

being on the right side of of votes doesn't matter if people don't like or respect you

And if they do then it doesn’t matter either!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Spokes posted:

And if they do then it doesn’t matter either!

No, this is pretty much the whole game. Be in the finals and be more liked and respected than the others in the finals.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Zesty posted:

No, this is pretty much the whole game. Be in the finals and be more liked and respected than the others in the finals.

i think spokes meant "if they do like and respect you, then being on the right side of votes still didn't matter!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

PopZeus posted:

I wonder if Adam hadn’t been going through an incredibly hard situation (and honestly medical bills wise needed the money the most) if Hannah could’ve had a shot. I thought by the end she’d really played a good game. Wasn’t she on the right side of the vote every time but one?

I'm not sure, like, I'm surprised it was a clean sweep at all, but I think Adam was going to win even without the sob story because he made it a point to always announce his moves as he built his resume. I'm not crazy for the implications of everyone making their moves to nudge their eyebrows at one another like "see I did a move" and it overshadows move-makers who do so in a strategic way so as to not be seen. Plus I really do think there was some degree of Hannah's moves not being taken seriously because she's a meek woman.

I think I'd want to target sob-story havers and ostentatious move makers more than the standard "threats." Do y'all think David would have won, he seemed mostly well-liked, even by people not on his coalition.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I also sometimes wonder if the clean sweeps happen because the jury knows which way the wind is blowing and an off vote can almost seem like spite toward the third finalist because if 2nd and 3rd tie they both get the prize for 2nd.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ugh, that's an annoying thing to consider because in the position of juror I would ideally be wanting to maximize wins paid out as well as steer that money to someone I beleive won't like waste it on the stock market or real estate or something gross. Like that time someone could have 1 truck or give away several trucks. First of all, always give away more just in case it's a fairy situation and you get a gold axe for bein' good. Second, several free trucks is better than 1 free truck no matter who is getting them, right?

Tough choice, is the minor acknowledgement you did a good job worth X dollars?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, if you know someone is gonna win the jury vote in a landslide you can choose to use your vote as a kind of protest or message about someone... or you can do the opposite you don't feel that strongly about it and just don't want it to be a thing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just started Game Changers. Despite how recently I've seen every season before this one, there's a few people I'm strugglin to remember. First, why is Haylee here? I just remember Jenn in general more than her and can't remember what "game changer" she did. I realize it's really just all-stars but almost everybody changes the game at some point, I just can't remember it all

This opening scramble is pretty fun. Nobody went for this one advantage because Ozzy was there so they just assume he gets it no matter what. EXCEPT Caleb, like well after everyone had just kind of just seemed to agree to let that happens jumps clothed into the water, by doing some backwards flip?! Like Ozzy, alreayd underwater untying ropes and Caleb then hops in.

Ahahah Tony jokingly runs off to find the idol, whooping like woody woodpecker. Nobody chases him and so he ends up halfass really looking. I think he was disappointed he couldn't play out his bit bc nobody chased him.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 19, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Khanstant posted:

Just started Game Changers. Despite how recently I've seen every season before this one, there's a few people I'm strugglin to remember. First, why is Haylee here?

Yeah, I wonder why Jeff insisted so hard on Hali. Curious!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zesty posted:

Yeah, I wonder why Jeff insisted so hard on Hali. Curious!

If you're saying she's here because she is attractive okay but that doesn't necessarily preclude her from having done a notable thing

I don't remember Varner either but this was funny

Jeff: Varner is starting to panic!
Varner: I'm not panicking, don't say that
Jeff: Sure looks like it

People are acting like Michaela is known for blowing up and poo poo but like, her season she was pretty chill until her tribal where she got voted out. She was mostly good at cracking wise to the confessionals and stayed low key. Kind of odd how that one blowup got magnified into like ~her whole thing~

I know it would be ridiculous but I really hope Sandra makes it to the end again. I'd also be rooting for Aubrey but I already know she comes back not a winner. I like Sandra Tony together, winners club haha

Tony in the night goes off to go build his absurd "spy pit," basically a shallow indent in the sand with some beach detritus covering him, basically in plain view of anything in the vicinity of the well. It's ridiculous, but then Sandra and Troyzan come his way so he belly crawls away, into a little embankment that actually works as a spy shack. Then he pops out to confront them since they were talking about him and Sandra barfs out the worst "i love lamp" tier lie.

-

Michaela is the first to point out the new green tribe is starting over, shell shock from when she had to do that.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jul 19, 2019

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hah, this tribal Caleb tried to argue that they might keep Hali around because she's easier to manipulate and might be someone easy to bring along. Jeff was like "Whoa, what's it like to sit here and hear that you're the easy one to get rid of tonight" and she goes "I don't think that's exactly what he said, I think he's putting himself out there as someone stronger-headed than me and a bigger player in the game." Thought it was a good way to reverse Caleb's attempt on her.

Caleb's a good sport though, even as he ruminates on leaving the game at day 9 twice.

Oooh this tribal twist with two tribes is exciting. I think it would be moreso if both tribes were equal in number but still pretty cool twist but also bullshit? The scramble itself though was a ton of fun. Also lol that the only like actionable thing that seemed to go around was JT telling Culpepper they were going for Sierra.... but JT also told his tribe that he told Culpepper that!

Yo Debbie is blowing up right now. Is there like a bunch of not shown stuff to why she's so mad? From what we see, she seems to be gunning for the balance role in the challenge, where she totally blows it. Is she just in the corner and lashing out wildly or what? She just tried to throw Hali under the bus, but I'm rewatching the challenge and Hali isn't as fast as Ozzy but she seems to be going at a steady rate. Debbie was behind enough the another tribe got through several phases including the one Debbie was working on in that time.

Also, she states explicitly several times that she is pissed, while yelling angrily, and being very obviously mad. Then she says "I don't get pissed, I take it out in my workout."

Oh man everyone going a little nuts. Now JT is obsessed with Michaela for eating some sugar?! Then Sandra wolfs the sugar down in front of Varner to just fuel that fire ahahaha

JEEZ Debbie keeps it going during the challenge, hang that poo poo up already! She's angrily complaining the entire time after she herself chooses to not take the roles she's complaining about!!! That sort of mid-challenge naysaying would really mess me up and be distracting, really hate it.

Michaela officially my favourite Survivor of all time. Pours herself water into a mug just so she can sip it dramatically as votes are read. Hot drat I love her. Also JT still as fuckin dumb as he was last I seen him.

---

Another tribe swap, I really wish there was a system for these swaps besides randomness.

Ehehehe Debbie goes to Exile Yacht to get some advice from Cochran outta nowhere. But like, she's uniquely suited to not really receive anything he's trying to convey to her.

Sandra just went home, but it didn't feel satisfying at all, it wasn't some big coup or blindside really. Like, if she had at least gotten Tai to use his idol, or if the tribe had just gone Tai, it woulda been cool but we are robbed of her in jury and merge, and pretty much only because of these drat constant tribe swap em ups. Too much RNG. Also, Tai escaping with double idols is some egg on someone's face later I bet.

Random Survivor question: I seem to recall one season's winner being notable because she purposefully avoided giving producers anything to work with in her confessionals for a story. Who was that and what was the reasoning around it again? Didn't want production side spilling the beans on her strats?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 20, 2019

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Danni Boatwright, season 11, Guatemala. She thought Stephanie was a production favorite and figured the show wanted her to win, so she kept her cards close to her vest even when dealing with them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, I remember being a bit surprised by it at the time seeing it.
I don't want to look up the rumored list right now so as to not spoil these last few seasons Im catching up on, if she's one of them though I wonder if she'll play it the same way again. Also I forgot what made me think of that when I asked it.

When the Warner thing episode happened, I'd seen this before in cringe compilations but in context it's so much worse. Zeke was like putting his neck out for him, and considering it a deception is like a really dark personal failure and he, till the end, treats it as such. Made even worse by varner immediately trying to make it about he's an ally and cheerleader and yuck. I am glad how Jeff handled it, the voting stuff would have felt inappropriate and the tribe truly had spoken by that point.

Almost through 34 now, Michaela still hangin in so that's good.

Aubrey's getting not much storywise this season it feels, her record at the block stack game was cool though, and she's getting a bit more time now. I am glad Michaela has made it through some more tribals despite being a target, at this point I'm feeling like her little angry bursts here and there are making her the type to make it to end but not win because people weren't fans of her.

Right now it's seeming like Cirie might get extremely far and not win again. This episode in particular is her possibly pulling off some power moves like she did with that goober in her old season. Sarah gave her an advantage already, and now she might get Tai to use an idol.

drat, it shook out pretty dramatic. Michaela ended up taking the hit. Sarah's move of giving the advantage away knowing it can't be used when transferred was really good. Takin Michaela out as like a reactive move from the drama was not, though it is interesting that the advantage used to get her out was also one she was basically handed on a platter but failed to notice. Tai getting scattered from it all was interesting though.

Oof, Brad tries to bully Tai into giving him one of his idols as a mandatory trust move. I'm hoping Tai reacts by taking out one of the bully group but this is a real toss up because Tai is Tai.

Aww, Cirie got shafted. What a horrible confluence of too many goddamn special items. This season has been pretty alright so far but maybe it's because all of this goddamn nonsense had been held back. I'm surprised how like zen she was about it, they gave her a very respectful sendoff but drat, that's some real bullshit way to go.

I think by season 41 I'm going to be extremely thirsty for like a vanilla season of survivor with no idols and advantages and a million random tribe swaps.

Also, some good music in this finale, there's like classical guitar or some string instrument for this one moment.

Aww Aubrey gone. Seems like a dumb move, I like Aubrey but she didn't seem like a big win threat really.

Brad won another immunity. Seems like he's going to choose Troyzan and Sarah and vote off Tai... but he plans on doing it at tribal in front of jury. That's just going to be seen like more cocky bullying. Sarah's thinking about making it go to fire, I think she wins if she does that and pulls it off. Honestly even if Brad just takes Troy/Sarah/Brad it kind of seems like Sarah has a better chance? Seems like people don't really always respond well to someone who just clings on by challenge streaks and he's been kind of jerky at times.

I don't want a cop to win but she kinda seems like she was shot calling or pulling off moves more than Troy whose done nothing besides find an idol that contributed to a kind of bad moment.

This tribal format is kind of weird, I think I like it more when it's more take-a-turn style.

Ugh, Debbie sour as gently caress grapes on the jury. Sarah deserves it for sure after compiling all her stuff.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 21, 2019

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Spergatory posted:

Danni Boatwright, season 11, Guatemala. She thought Stephanie was a production favorite and figured the show wanted her to win, so she kept her cards close to her vest even when dealing with them.

I also think Danni has said she figured out some of the dynamics of what others in the tribe were thinking/doing by the questions she was asked in the interviews, so she didn’t feed them information so they wouldn’t unintentionally give her plans away either.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

garthoneeye posted:

I also think Danni has said she figured out some of the dynamics of what others in the tribe were thinking/doing by the questions she was asked in the interviews, so she didn’t feed them information so they wouldn’t unintentionally give her plans away either.

As seasons go on, tribal has gotten and more and more direct with Jeff basically calling out exactly the story or narrative they're building even or especially when it blows someone's game up a lil. I also sometimes wonder what else production gives away just in the matter of doing their work. Sometimes I think good idol hunters can kind of wander around and play hot and cold with the camera guys nonverbally, or maybe spot when the camera lingers somewhere an idol might be. Like, even without intention, if your job is to get useable footage for the episode, you can definitely do that if you're filming an idol find.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Season 35 HvHvHvHvHvHvHvHvH

First episode, there's a super idol that can only be played on first tribal, and must be willed to somebody going to tribal. Seems kind of whack?

Oh, she doesn't even use it. In her particular situation it seems like she had the chance to save someone who would definitely be an ally and also diminish the power of the dominant alliance.
Hmm, she intends to keep it to use as a decoy eventually. Maybe wiser to not use it afterall, that's also a permanent label on you as a player

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Australian Survivor premiers on Wednesday. I made a new thread so we can not poo poo up this one discussing what might be the better show :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894459

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Australian Survivor premiers on Wednesday. I made a new thread so we can not poo poo up this one discussing what might be the better show :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894459

Great, Survivor SA is also on currently(ep10)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This woman was proud of herself for doing an "aqua dump" but then they voted her off and I feel like we will never hear that term again.

So far the best part of this season for me has been Jessica crushing on Cole. For a brief time it seemed like he was crushing on her too, but almost immediately he sees the reaction he got from her from sharing a secret about this dude's idol and he goes and starts telling other people. She took it as like, they were in cahoots but he's just sharing the secret with everyone when his blindside plan wasn't even necessary that week... or the next!

Now, Jessica has an advantage to block a vote, still thinking she and Cole are in some twosome together or are in any way aligned. Cole is like, "well sharing a secret got me a smooch and trust last time, I think I'll try that strategy again." So now he's goin around telling people about Jessica's advantage. Hehehe what a goober, there is value in sharing that but it's totally undercutting someone who still thinks of you as a good ally. It'd be one thing if he was just being ruthless deliberately, but he seems to casually be doing it or as if it's he is new to being a person.

Everyone looks equally annoyed when the vote blocker disadvantage is in action. Plus there's an idol. At least there wasn't a vote steal and a super idol too.

Jeff "You can have all the plans you want, the Survivor Gods don't care." What a menacing threat!

Also Jeff this season: A fantastic Outback Steakhouse server. Dude could be a trainer, corporate would kill for a guy like that working for them. It reminded me of old time TV shows where they'd keep the show going and just shoehorn in a carnation evaporated milk ad like it's a regular deal.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 23, 2019

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Teckiwi posted:

Great, Survivor SA is also on currently(ep10)

Anyone else watching survivor SA? I think it's been really great old school survivor so far. Enjoying the characters.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
S35, Lauren gives this dude Dr Mike her bit of idol instead of a fake bit of idol, therefore can't play an idol and he calls it a top 10 dumbest move moment and it was, but also, could she not have grabbed her half out of the fire or is that like an official nullification zone?

Also if this goddamn cowboy marine wins because he has infinity idols I'm going to edit this comment whining about it.

edit: gently caress even watching the rest of this, I skipped ahead and saw he won.

There's a Mario Maker 2 Pipe somewhere in Fiji and idols just constantly pumping out idols. The big secret of next season is that the food has been replaced by idols.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 24, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

There's a Mario Maker 2 Pipe somewhere in Fiji and idols just constantly pumping out idols. The big secret of next season is that the food has been replaced by idols.

This, but with idols

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hahaha yes, exactly. Except I don't know what those are supposed to be anyway, they look like the cannisters that go in the pneumatic tubes at a bank?

Just started 36 and is it just me or does this theme seem like it'd be more meaningful to like a returnee cast? Not even necessarily the people those items are associated with, just seems like alumni would have more of a connection... but I guess it's mostly superfans who'd really care? By the way, what's the distinction between a fan and superfan anyway? I'm the only person in my life who I know still watches, so I don't have good frame of reference.

Also I'm laughing at this guy who has a fake redneck name and an accent so think they decided he had to have subtitles.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Hahaha yes, exactly. Except I don't know what those are supposed to be anyway, they look like the cannisters that go in the pneumatic tubes at a bank?

Yep, got it in one.

:lost:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Khanstant posted:

Just started 36 and is it just me or does this theme seem like it'd be more meaningful to like a returnee cast? Not even necessarily the people those items are associated with, just seems like alumni would have more of a connection... but I guess it's mostly superfans who'd really care? By the way, what's the distinction between a fan and superfan anyway? I'm the only person in my life who I know still watches, so I don't have good frame of reference.

Also I'm laughing at this guy who has a fake redneck name and an accent so think they decided he had to have subtitles.

'Superfans' are usually the people who know all the really dumb trivia and might do things like 'rewatch all the seasons annually'. Think Max from Worlds Apart.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

the problem that superfans have is that they're huge fuckin dorks and don't understand the social aspect of the game, and that normal rear end fans know as much useful information as they do but can actually talk to other human beings and aren't obnoxiously spewing off trivia 24/7

max dawson was an incredibly unlikable dork and I'm glad he got punted when he did

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khanstant posted:

As seasons go on, tribal has gotten and more and more direct with Jeff basically calling out exactly the story or narrative they're building even or especially when it blows someone's game up a lil. I also sometimes wonder what else production gives away just in the matter of doing their work. Sometimes I think good idol hunters can kind of wander around and play hot and cold with the camera guys nonverbally, or maybe spot when the camera lingers somewhere an idol might be. Like, even without intention, if your job is to get useable footage for the episode, you can definitely do that if you're filming an idol find.

Here's a funny story from the Funny115 that Eliza wrote about regarding the camera people when she went to look at the fake stick idol for the first time:

Eliza posted:

"The funniest thing about the whole stick incident was what happened when I was going to get it out of the bag. When you saw it on TV, what you saw was me walking to the cave, and Jason walking down to the beach. It looked like it was happening simultaneously. But what you didn't see on TV were all the camera men following me. The minute I started walking over to the bag, the minute they realized I was going to get my first look at the "idol", there was this mass scramble as the entire camera crew came running over to follow me. And this was so weird because you -never- see that when you are playing Survivor. You -never- see the camera men run. It never happens. Ever.

So here I am walking over to the bag, and practically the entire camera crew comes running down the beach after me. And when I saw them coming, I just stopped. I looked at them kind of funny, and I asked, is this for me? Yes, they nodded. But I'm just going to the shelter, I said. They didn't say a word. I didn't learn until later that the producers had told them to do this.

Apparently the producers had warned the camera crew that if they didn't get the footage of me going to the bag and discovering the "idol" for the first time, if they didn't get my reaction to seeing a stick with a face on it on film, they were all going to be fired. Every single one of them. So when I finally went over to look in the bag, they all panicked and started running after me. I just thought you would think that was funny."

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

'Superfans' are usually the people who know all the really dumb trivia and might do things like 'rewatch all the seasons annually'. Think Max from Worlds Apart.

Okay cool, so I'm just a regular old weirdo who watches too much Survivor. I do think some players call themselves superfans without fitting that kind of absurdist degree. Like Aubrey was a "superfan," right, but she had social game and seemed like a regular nice human. I guess they do let some people just be regular fans, Jenn had seen all the seasons but Max clearly outdweebed her with his pointdexter bs.

Max posted:

Here's a funny story from the Funny115 that Eliza wrote about regarding the camera people when she went to look at the fake stick idol for the first time:

That's amazing! Exactly the sort of thing I was thinkin about. In this specific instance I think we can all be glad they bumrushed her.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Okay cool, so I'm just a regular old weirdo who watches too much Survivor. I do think some players call themselves superfans without fitting that kind of absurdist degree. Like Aubrey was a "superfan," right, but she had social game and seemed like a regular nice human. I guess they do let some people just be regular fans, Jenn had seen all the seasons but Max clearly outdweebed her with his pointdexter bs.

That's amazing! Exactly the sort of thing I was thinkin about. In this specific instance I think we can all be glad they bumrushed her.

Mike Holloway was also a big fan but unlike insufferable turbodweeb Max Dawson he wasn't quoting Malcolm on his way out of the game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is Max an idol to other superfans or do they despise him for occupying space they could have occupied in exactly the same fashion?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

He's reasonably liked in podcast circles but didn't get voted in for Second Chances. I don't think anyone has strong feelings.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

He's reasonably liked in podcast circles but didn't get voted in for Second Chances. I don't think anyone has strong feelings.

I HAVE STRONG FEELINGS!!!!!

who the gently caress could watch Max Dawson and think anything other than "this is a kid dressing up in his dad's clothes and waving a razor in front of his face pretending he's an adult" except replace all those nouns with survivor words

he wanted to be like Hatch and ran around naked
he said "hold up bro" at tribal because he saw someone much more interesting do it once and wanted to be cool like him

i'm sure there was other stuff too but man what a god drat dingus

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Max's "Hold up bro" was worth it for Probst's "wtf" response.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know nothing about that guy pre or post game but I loving hated him so much during that season.

That whole tribe was contemptible, wasn't it? That's what made Shirin likable even though I guess she's kind of an rear end in a top hat too?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
He's a walking cringe factory for sure, it's almost a shame we didn't see him get to later stage and really lose it.

I'm on episode 2 of Ghost Island and that whole thing has been revealed. Like, okay, kind of exile island but full of random poo poo. First thing is the legacy advantage, and I guess the idea is to try and use these items better than the original person. Except... this item was given to him with the instructions to immediately will it to a stranger on other tribe. So, it's already not even really comparable. What's the fuckin idea with that? He's the first person to deal with the scenario of "blindly give somebody this legacy advantage that will be passed in unforseeable ways and quite possibly gently caress over your game." What could possibly be the right way to play that item with his level of information?

Ewww they kept Donathan over Gonzalez. If he calls one more person exotic or bumbles on about how "he aint never seen no funny looking people before all we gots is hillbillies in my cartoon log cabin back home" I'm gonna scream.

okay, someone tell me they hearin this:
https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/5I3nWfN9_yzNeDqqyDAx4b4FyNvgub1c/survivor-ghost-island-can-you-reverse-the-curse-/

At 53:17, there's a big tribal "HEEEYAHHHH" over the shot of the ocean. Normal stuff. Does anyone hear the weird low moany/groany voice? It's just for a second but it sounds loving hella weird and I've never heard that one on this show before and can't tell if it's just weird instrumentation or a bizarre vocal thing added in.

What the gently caress, so Ghost Island has a slot machine component to it. First of all, gently caress RNG. Second, the urn thing is set up in a way that suggests it's to be smashed sequentially.

Oh man, whoever just said that Superfans have a huge social game problem - Case in point is this dude Jacob. Tits McGee talks to him for like 2 seconds, is all "lets talk survivor" and he like instantly spills all his beans and reveals his idol is fake. I would bet real money he is going home despite them considering using him as a trusting rube but it was good belly laugh to see him just surrender his secrets so wholly after the lightest nudging.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 25, 2019

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
I can only reassure you that the season after that one is good. I have no other helpful words about ghost island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

STAC Goat posted:

I know nothing about that guy pre or post game but I loving hated him so much during that season.

That whole tribe was contemptible, wasn't it? That's what made Shirin likable even though I guess she's kind of an rear end in a top hat too?

Carolyn’s alright. So wasn’t enough long enough to have any opinions on it. Tyler was incredibly boring but otherwise inoffensive. Joaquin is kinda douchebro but again, didn’t last that long and he wasn’t actively unpleasant.

As for the supernerd stuff, some are really socially awkward and not that fun (Max, Cochran, Jacob). But Erik from Micronesia is a superfan and he's alright.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 25, 2019