Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Propaganda Machine, this link you shared was great, something about this ancient rear end website full of old drama is also just magical in its own right. I clicked a link and started to read someone's fan fiction of an all-stars season in Alaska haha. I do wonder if moves like that are called on the fly or if they set up what week they want to pull twists on ahead of time.

Pony: the hot one
Poison: Keith because all Keiths lose, v cursed name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This would have been great to have handy as I was going through those seasons, the sass is great and it's got ~vintage~ net gossip about the show and production drama.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"John Carroll started Marquesas as an anonymous male nurse on Tribe Rotu. And he ended it (seven episodes later) with the most spectacular downfall the show has ever seen. He became the first alliance leader to give away his numerical advantage, he became the first victim of the now-famous "coconut chop" strategy trap, and he had one of the most epic storylines I have ever seen on Survivor."

From that ancient survivor site, I just want to know what "coconut chop" strategy means.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ahh, okay, totally know what you mean. I guess I would've just called it by a pecking-order challenge. Those are always fun, that's a really good shake-up trick from the production side. I definitely like it more than the anonymous-questionnaire where they gang up on some chick to call her a lsut or whatever, those are usually just mean and mostly ends up singling out one person more than the peckin order.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why would they hate having to stand around for 12 hours for some doofus to decide to give up winning a million dollars?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

It was mostly a joke, sorry.

I guess I really liked most of the cast but not the gameplay. I found myself pulling my hair a lot of the time. Again, I think part of what makes it look so good is the crud we've gotten used to.

FWIW, I'm still working through the old seasons and haven't gotten to this current era stuck in the same island yet and I thought DvG was good without knowing what kind of crud I'll eventually get used to.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Bought my goddamn CBS All access subscription. I wonder how long after you cancel they offer up the "no pls come back for 3 months 4 free" kind of thing. At least I can double dip and catch Discovery.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the audience

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i dont really think that but you set it up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jeff did his 39 day speach standing in a field instead of on a cliff or something. Off to a bad start.

Was it last season where he was on a copter leaning all casual on the outside of it shouting? That one was dope and the attached season was too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I've never seen the seasons any of these returnoes are from but I h8 this mustache doucher.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
These loving jackasses just chucking random food overboard, uhhh what?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahahaha this guy scared of wood noises

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
She reminds me of a few people I've known before who didn't have tourettes but would still get tiring to be around very quickly but ya liked them anyway because they didnt do nothin wrong

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Etsy Shop Owner? So... like she has a laptop?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The boat salvage chaos was a dude who couldn't really swim and everyone just tossing lots of loose fruit into the sea haphazardly. There was so much crap just littering the waters when they had to row off

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

clown shoes posted:

I signed up last year and watched like 10 seasons in a month but never once got a “baby come back” email after canceling.

I had it for 1-2 when Discovery season 1 came out, then maybe 1 more when the second part of season 1 did. I got some sort of baby come back offer for a few months free or cheap or something but I declined because I had already tried to see if there was anything else I'd watch on it.

Lone Goat posted:

who the heck cast a child that can't swim

Hahaha I think its a Keith too, glad I picked him as Poison because all Keiths never win

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
when I get on survivor im going to make sure to learn the good swim tricks, play a lot of slide puzzles, look up knots, figure out how to use flint, and develop an immunity to betrayal

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Safety nets seem like the begging for broken joints device of choice.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wait, how did their tribe get across did they let them pass bc of gash?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i had a car commercial and it reminds me of when they would give a car away and also that time someone could have given 4 cars away but didnt but then it was okay they found a way to offload them anyway in the reunion show

I stalled on my binge because 20something seasons in like a month and a half was too much

ummmm I think I missed the part where this guy justified being called wardog

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 21, 2019

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahaha bye wendy

has "tattling that ur being voted off next" ever once in survivor history worked out for the tattler?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
they were talkin bout keeping the tribe strong and even keith like hard-gulped, but nobody brought up his swimming inability lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i like these new tribal chant ladies

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
L A U R I N

hahahahaha who hahahaha

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"this is so lame" "hmmm" "nice"

She's like a videogame character

Ain't gonna lie, I am excited about stranded losers shacking up in a broken pirate ship

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahaha yeah that lil dragon hand was p cute.

They should have a 2 hour version online for cbs access or some poo poo, i know they holdin back.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm not willing to give up reward challenges but that does sound significantly more entertaining than the hideous Redemption Island arena challenges.

Oh man, I forgot how they shortchange us cool challenges to watch like ozzy play with himself for 6 episodes in a row. I hope they proceed as normal for as long as possible without them knowing about extinction island and it only comes up like a coupla times.

edit: This Worlds Best show is really fuckin weak, is this their first episode?? First up is like the most basic rear end magician??

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 21, 2019

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think you'll like her more as she goes on. I actually hated her at first but her antics at some point pushed me into liking her.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If they want me to watch a talent show, make all the contestants live on a beach for a month and half before they perform.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is Julie Berry the only contestant to ever touch Jeff's butt?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gently caress, I thought this aired an hour later than it does. Welp, at least it's just Keith who leave, was inevitable. Didn't know he'd be annoying God about this poo poo though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I pay for cbs all access to watch survivor but they dont upload till the next day?? gr8 service

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The person who complains about being away from mom and dad each season always baffles me. Who even talks to their parents every month, let alone what, a week and a half so far?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wardog needs some wardog time y'all

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Did Jeff call him "Devons?" What did he do so far to earn that?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

My guess is they have the means to build a shelter and fish and stuff but for one or two hungry people its gonna be hard. Especially since the early people voted out don't tend to be the "hunter/gatherer" types.

As long as food rationing isn't a major thing life probably gets progressively easier the more people who show up.

The fact that broheim shows up and is apparently the first one to grab the fishing gear and try and go catch some little babyfish seems to indicate Keith and Reem are just scrub survivors. I can totally see them just laying about in the basic shelture structure they started with, starving themselves until the cast legally has to give them some amount of food and water. I also thought it was funny how much was trying to be like "you can't sit with us karen" but instantly turned around the second she saw he had brought food. Broheim was chill about it, seemed like he already figured out these 3 are going to have to end up as a crew of misfits by necessity anyway. It's more funny that Reem is trying to gatekeep at all.

Regarding Wendy, seems like she could set herself up as a carry if she managed to actually build some loyalties with at least 2 people. If her tribe can avoid enough tribals before merge, seems like they'll find a person or two to blindside first.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

We have no idea how much Reem or Keith might have tried to fish or anything else. We just know Chris was successful. Most Survivors just seem woefully unsuccessful at fishing. And Keith can't even swim. They're clearly sucky Survivors but not necessarily for lack of effort.

Also I thought Reem was pretty clearly defending Chris to Keith the morning after he showed how. She said something like "he's just processing it all". They just gave him some light poo poo about being backstabbed considering he had outed them. It seemed pretty good natured to me.

I don't even like them but none of that felt super fair.

I just rewatched it and you're right, it was more Keith being bitter and Reem was actually just peacekeeping. I think I am just desperate for drama and blew up that situation in my head. Thanks for calling me out, that wasn't fair.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You have the same tattoo, don't you?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Spoilers: This season ends early because Wardog gets voted off and every other player, including the jury, all stand up and say "No, I'm Wardog" before walking off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Lessu prostrating themselves in shame before Jeff even speaks