Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."
I agree. Joe and Aubry getting a third time so soon after their last outings are what baffles me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

mancalamania posted:

There's been some discussion on RHAP this week about the exact mechanics of how someone will return from Edge and how it'll probably just be a regular endurance challenge but that it might be cool to bring back the vote-someone-back-in mechanic from the Outcasts in Pearl Islands. It made me think that the most interesting challenge would be a hybrid of the two: bring back the coconut chop challenge (i.e. answer questions correctly to "chop" other players in the challenge, 3 chops and you're out)!

Making the re-entry a straight vote incentivizes weird strategies like purposefully wasting your vote on someone you think won't get a lot of votes, while making the re-entry a straight challenge (endurance or otherwise) will always inevitbably favor one particular body type over another which feels inherently unfair to the people without that body type that just wasted 2 weeks of their life starving on an island with nothing to do. But the coconut chop challenge combines the best of both worlds: no one body type is favored, having social capital is worth more than anything else, and it plays out in real time (so you don't get the weird thing where 3 people throw their vote away on Lillian and she wins a slim plurality of the votes and comes back). Bring back the chop!

I think I recall people saying they voted for Lillian to actually vote her out of the pre-jury vacation with them :classiclol:

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Ep 8

Welp, Michelle went. Really kind of an odd casualty when aiming at two or three other players that would have been more effective targets? This is like, a weird warning shot? Give them time to spazz out and retaliate. Jay or Taylor would have been sensible targets.

In the new era of many immunity idols, the merge vote is often not a huge threat but rather a safe target unlikely to have found an idol or unlikely to have one played on them.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I am a dick but are you saying that because I'm laughing at someone putting on a show?

Hannah has actually been pretty fun in tribals, good tribals need someone there to be appropriately shocked or excited when the crazy poo poo goes down.

Was DvG David's second or third season? It seems like he's playing better this season than he did from what I remember of him in DvG?

EOI was David's second, he wasn't on DvG.

edit: whoops, beat to the punch