Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I thought the point of Extinction Island is that most of the people voted out are only going to last a few days without food before giving up and heading off to Ponderosa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Lone Goat posted:

Did anyone listen all the way through the Spencer recap on RHAP? I checked out when the son of two addicts was talking about doing mushrooms and ayuhuasca and poo poo.

Wrong format although I appreciate his candour.
I endured until Spencer's father was on his deathbed from long term alcoholism.
That's not the kind of fun, informative Survivor analysis I want in the morning to pass time while driving to work.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 9, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think this season was awful casting for her, but reducing Wentworth to "hot babe" is an awful misservice.
The lead-up to this tribal and setting this record is why Wentworth got cast again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VhGylLcT8

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm looking forward to Reem losing and griping "Probst you made me sit on that damned extinction island for 2 weeks for nothing"

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

I'm starting to think the reason Wentworth has spent her entire Survivor career playing from the bottom is because she's actually just bad at Survivor. She (and David) got served a complete lay-up here and they totally whiffed it.

Yes they keep targeting each other when they could have (and should have) put together an alliance: Wentworth, Lauren, Wardog, Dave, returner Devons. Try to pull in Joe and Aurora to give them the majority.

Now I'm hoping the other 2 returning players are picked off quickly. Some time on Extinction Island would further enhance their game experience and give them time to reflect on what went wrong.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Fun episode, was yelling at the tv for Wentworth to play her idol but she must have known she was safe.

I just want to know how Probst knew I pick up Chinese take-out every Wednesday night Survivor is on.
Seriously.
Is it really that common?

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Apr 4, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

The Dennis System posted:

Aurora is a monster for whining about the game while Lauren was laying on the ground unconscious with a possible serious problem. And then, at least from what we were shown in the edit, no one called her out on it afterward! I hope Aurora gets voted out next week.

That was great, and Aurora's a badass.
Jeff and production were not concerned enough to halt the comp, and Aurora took the opportunity to try to make a deal (or to confirm her 'ally' is not so loyal), as many others have done in the past on both Survivor and Big Brother.

While this was a good episode it also highlighted that EoE gives us noticeably less camp/campaigning scenes.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Zesty posted:

When's the date on that? I'm vaguely interesting in watching it but not sure if we should have a new thread or if it's after the season.

TV IV › Survivor Presents - The Amazing Race, Featuring Survivors

I don't want to derail this thread either, but from her new CBS bio:

Corinne Kaplan posted:

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Survivor. Not the show per se, but the accomplishment of not becoming either a real estate agent or a yoga instructor afterward.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Adus posted:

i love rick. edge of extinction has been worth it all because it let him get back in the game.
Yeah he's doing better in his second chance. Now there needs to be a 'Who has said "dude" the most" competition so Reem can get back in the game too.

Adus posted:

also i know this sort of conversation topic is taboo but victoria is super attractive.

blue squares posted:

"I know people find this pointless and often weird but I just have to tell my internet friends that the tv girl makes me horny"

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 12, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Speaking of good-looking people, Joey Amazing and Sierra announced they're engaged.

And back in the game, this season must be difficult for people who track statistics. There's an extra player in the game now, and at least 1 more will return from Extinction island so we can expect a double episode or double boot episode coming up soon.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah he may be terrible at challenges but the Wardog knows how to strategize.

As the last returning player in the game Devens will probably be targeted next.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I hope the Wardog is the player to finally tell Reem to STFU and stop blaming others for her lovely play that resulted in her being booted first.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Was there some big split vote plan between all the non Ron/Julie/Devens people? Is that what happened? My broadcast was all hosed up so I ended up watching the episode in pieces so I could have missed something big like that. But I still don't get how the math worked at all. It completely relied on Devens using an idol. If the plan was to split the votes and it went accordingly that was loving dumb as hell and should have blown up in their faces. If not then i still gotta assume Victoria or Aurora wussed out and flipped.

I don't know who can win besides Devens because they're all kind of incompetent, invisible, backstabbing, idiots. Its a coin flip.

They keep voting out the perceived "biggest threat". Not having an obvious winner at this point of the game is exciting because anyone left could win.
Devens mostly shows what a huge advantage it can be to be comfortable performing in front of cameras.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Spergatory posted:

I just love how Devens has fully reached the point where he has nothing to lose and is 100% aware of it. He doesn't care, and he doesn't care who knows he doesn't care. "Hey, if you guys give me this immunity, I'll take all six of you to the final three, promise! ;)"

Wendy 2.0
Actually more like Angelina from last season. But when a woman grandstands for the jury people roll their eyes at the pandering attempt

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 2, 2019

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fast Luck posted:

Kellyn said something on RHAP that I hadn't thought of, although it's pretty common sense for everyone involved: The entire jury is on Extinction, and they know one of them will be returning, so it would be in all of their interest to just make a pact to vote for whoever gets back into the game if they make it to the end. they definitely should make a pact like that even though it just makes the twist dumber and evne more likely to result in a stupid winner.

Dude, Reem's not going to sign off on any pact favouring Wentworth or The Wardog.

Another point made on that 'cast is that the jury is crediting Devens for ousting Ron when it was actually Victoria's plan.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Did jury member Reem even know there was someone named Gavin in the game?

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Chris is totally humorless and (strangely) insanely arrogant to boot. What a disaster.

Million dollars for 13 days playing Survivor, he has reason to be arrogant!
(Also 28 days with nothing to do but cozy up to the jury and unlimited practice fire-making.)

Between this and Game of Thrones, there's been a lot of disappointment in tv this week.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Spergatory posted:

What are you whiny losers talking about? This was an amazing outcome. It was not only a hilariously shocking last minute twist, but the exact perfect way to ensure that this twist is N E V E R used again.

Yeah also on the positive side, Devens didn't win.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly? I am very okay with this outcome.

Were there too many idols in the game? Yes. Did they have to cram 2 hours of Chris into the finale just so he could make a winning case? Yes. But... hey, it worked. I didn't want Rick to win, but seeing the shenanigans he pulled with those fake idols, I'd have respected it completely. And Chris honestly did a lot in those last five days. That F4 move was huge.

Plus, I can imagine him coaching Gavin and Julie and at one point thinking to himself, 'wow you guys are terrible. I could literally do this better.'

FTC was a roast though. Aside from Chris burning Lauren a bit by insinuating he convinced her to play her idol for him, he pretty much ran circles around Gavin and Julie. I think there was at one point with a shot of Gavin's face where I think he knew it was over.

So, in conclusion, I don't think Chris is gonna be the best winner by any means. I'm not even sure he's a middle of the pack winner. But he had a really strong finish, which is probably more than what I could say for Gavin and Julie who were in there for 39 days, so... he did okay.

Of course Chris was more comfortable speaking to the jury who he didn't vote out and who were his friends for the past month.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Also: at the start of the game the new players agreed they didn't want a returning player to win because "they already had their chance" but then they voted for the returning player to win :confused:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This looks like a page of the Barr-redacted Mueller Report.

Is it really necessary? When will the embargo be lifted?

Will there be 2 teams at the start? A married couple could find themselves competing with each other.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Zesty posted:

I've only listened to Rick, Chris, Victoria, and Ron Clark long-form interviews and there has been copious dunks on Lauren and Gavin and SO much praise for Wardog being nice outside of the game.

The Edge of Extinction tribe is probably the strongest alliance of all time. Unlike every other tribe in the history of the show. this alliance got bigger and more solidified with every vote.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Dugong posted:

Maybe it will stop at the merge :ghost:

If appearance fees is the issue start ponderosa from the first boot so people are encouraged to buy all access

Was edge of extinction actually popular outside of online fan groups? I enjoyed it up to the merge, mainly because we’d never got to go through the experience of being one of the first boots and dealing with that fall out. Post merge it was just a mess.

I think it was the enticement to get the previous winners to sign on. Q:"So far I'm undefeated. What do I have to gain from playing again and probably getting voted out before the merge?"
A: Even if you're voted out early you can stay on and possibly get back in the game.
S38 was the trial run for the concept and it didn't go as planned but they stuck with it.

ApplesandOranges posted:

EoE aired before they flew out the cast for S40. It's almost definitely to get the most out of appearance fees.

I hope Tony does an impression of the Wardog.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Sand Monster posted:

I'm probably the only one who thinks that the whole Eliza/stick thing isn't super hilarious. She still tried to play it at Tribal Council. I get it -- there's no harm for her to do so, as the worst case is Jeff says it's not an idol, but if it was so obviously "just a stick" and not an idol, I feel like that assessment would have been better served in "Survivor" lore had she just throw it down at Jason's feet and laughed at him for being such an imbecile to believe that it was authentic, and NOT tried to play it.

The immunity idol in Australian Survivor looks like someone found an animal skull and glued some stones and sticks on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Zesty posted:

Immunity idol vs Hidden Idol.

Though I haven’t been watching. Maybe their hidden idols are skulls as well. It’d be a lot of work to procure and clean animal skulls for fakes.

There is a crudely made fake HII in this season of Survivor Australia.