Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pony: Wentworth :allears:
Poison: Aurora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lauren is really cool, I like my badass Survivor girls. Victoria is not a badass Survivor girl but I like her attempt to bring boho chic to the island so I'm here for it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zesty posted:

Finally got the chance to watch this episode. Wendy is single-handedly saving this season.

Trying to enforce your morality on other people is actually real lovely

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bigass Moth posted:

I just wish they’d call Wentworth Kelley. There is only one Kelley this season.

All Jeff's favourite players get called by their last name.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

graventy posted:

I have a cousin who, for his entire childhood, wouldn't eat meat that shared the name of the animal it came from. So, chicken was out, beef ok, fish out, etc.

Fish isn't meat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Bloop posted:

That doesn't make them Not Meat any more than the church having declared beavers and muskrats fish (in a further extension of religious rules-lawyering) makes it true

When you look at recipe books it's always called the 'Meat and Fish' chapter

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

That's because meat is fish and fish is meat.

Then the chapter would just be called 'Meat'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wendy's twitchy crazy face when her new tribe started talking about killing the chickens was hilarious

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zesty posted:

What is it about Lauren that makes her staying worthwhile? She's done little other than being a shadow of Wentworth.

She's hot and I'm shallow

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vernacular posted:

The 2-to-3 swap is actually almost always a Good Thing, with turnouts like this being aberrations, so they should keep doing it.

The minority tribe still ends up being steamrolled more often than not

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PopZeus posted:

Are there any links to some good Forums games? I'd be interested to see how it plays out when it's online-only.

Awful Big Brother 1 has imo the best story arc out of any of them and I'm not just saying that cause I was in it (the OP spoils the final 2 so scroll past it)

Rarity fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 18, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fast Luck posted:

someone could be for instance Rarity

Over my dead body. There's only one version of your #1 scoopsgal, accept no substitutes :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just you wait until it comes out he only called himself Wardog to get noticed in casting

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Team Victoria, all the way :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think things are as bad for Lesu as they seem. If I'm David/Wentworth/Lauren then I don't see the need to worry too much because between them they've got two idols, a great strategist and one of the best playing-from-the-bottom players ever. If I'm Wardog then I got shove my head into an oven because I'm the Wardog.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm starting to think the reason Wentworth has spent her entire Survivor career playing from the bottom is because she's actually just bad at Survivor. She (and David) got served a complete lay-up here and they totally whiffed it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:stare: Now dat's a tribal

I really hope Wentworth and Lauren pull this things off cause they have got ladyballs of steel, goddam

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's also an interesting point that David and Wentworth have survived by being separate although I'm not sure I fully buy it, if only cause they've both had idols banked anyway. Sure, them as a pair might attract more attention but because they're both strong players they could play their way around that handicap.

Either way they've both shown that their last seasons weren't flukes and their inability to get on the same page is my favourite thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

At this point, I really hope every one just sort of forgets about Devins as a target and he slips through to the end and wins

Am I right in thinking he's the first player since Lill to return to the game and not immediately get voted out? It's impressive that he's managed to slip back into things without any attention.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Something that shouldn't get lost in the shuffle is how loving terrible Kama were at hiding their reunion from Lesu to the point their plan was going to fail from idols anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm just surprised Rarity hasn't been absposting

Please. I'm all about Lauren :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JesusSinfulHands posted:

season 40 hype

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-theme-38201

hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm skeptical that the "Natalies vs Jo(h)ns" theme will work out, but if it's what they needed to get Natalie Bolton back, I'm in.

Well now I'm gutted it's not this, thanks very much :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bigass Moth posted:

Imagine a team of all Kelly’s.

It's time for Purple Kelly to assume her true mantle

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In terms of winners that would be fun though have back there's Richard, Ethan, Brian, Sandra, Amber, Chris, Tom, Danielle, Yul, Earl, Todd, Parvati, Fabio, Boston Rob, Sophie, Kim, Denise, Cochran, Tyson, Natalie, Mike, Jeremy, Adam, Sarah and Wendell so there's already enough people so it just depends on who's willing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
drat, I totally thought that this was season 37

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't know Jenna's current state, but I'd imagine her severe heroin addiction will probably prevent her from coming back, even if she's been clean a while.

Oh Jesus, that sucks :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

No it won't. They film 2 seasons together in the spring/summer and air them in the fall & winter. Season 39 and season 40 will both be filmed and completed long before season 39 actually airs. They do it this way because it's cheaper and the weather in Fuji isn't that great most of the year.

Except the reunion and winner announcement airs live at the end of the season so the S39 winner won't be announced until S40 is already filming.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cry havoc, and unleash the Dog of War :worship:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

Isn't Gavin on extinction island already?

That's Eric

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dogs don't challenge, they bark

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

Wowza, Australian 2017 Survivor has a challenge where this dude's underwear fall off and him and some other dude are wrestling over football and they actually show his rear end. The tribe come and slap his butt when he wins, not-Jeff even tells him "nice cheeks." I was just caught off guard, seems like Survivor gets the censors out when someone has too deep of a wedgie.

Obligatory

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zesty posted:

Kelley got an awful lot of airtime and lines at tribal. Lines that aren't even good. "They voted out Wardog for me." I think they voted out Wardog for their own game... but okay.

Makes me think Wentworth is coming back from Extinction if they're giving us this.

Wentworth was probably the most popular player going into this season, they might just be milking her for screentime while they can

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm not hating on Etsy. But I am hating on someone that identifies as an "Etsy store owner"

When there is many platforms to sell things on, if you're just an Etsy store owner, there's gotta be some poo poo loose in your head.

She's probably a stay-at-home mum who does some Etsy stuff on the side to keep busy, ain't no need for it to be a thing dude.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khanstant posted:

Has anyone ever tracked how much screentime a winning player gets in relation to others in their seasons. Like, could the winner of a season be predicted through mere screen time, or time they are off-screen but the topic of conversation by a robot who can't understand the context of events?

Oh boy, have I got the website for you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aurora blowing off Devens's attempts to make her feel uncomfortable about snooping were hilarious as was her galaxy brain extra vote plan. I'm now all in on an ironic Aurora victory :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fast Luck posted:

Imagine this

Next week:
6 players left, Devens voted out, Lauren holds her idol for F6v2 or F5

Finale:
Extinction player comes back and tells people about Lauren's idol because of freakin WEntworth's loose lips!

At that point Lauren would have to play her idol anyway so it wouldn't really matter

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Teckiwi posted:

Any reason why they didn't split the vote 2/2/2 tonight that I'm missing? They got played hard.

They obviously knew Devins/Julia would be voting Aurora and that's who they would have done the vote split on so at that point you might as well roll with it and vote Aurora out. It's not worth the risk for Vic/Gavin/Lauren to put one of themselves into a 2-2-2 split cause they risk going home if something goes wrong.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Survivor bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chris played well on his return to the game but it doesn't change that both the winner and the guy who would have won couldn't be voted out of the game at any point past the final 10. That's real bullshit.