Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

'answer a bunch of questions about the spooky story Probst made up'.
My favorite version of this is the one in Vanuatu. He even brings back parts of the story in the finale.

"And his grave, the one from the story...has been the island in the view of your beach this whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!"

IIRC Probst even makes them take the Spirit Stone over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Considering what's going on with Penner's wife Stacy right now, it seems unlikely he'll ever play again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqjQEoo7AYo

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

There's no chance that Wardog has been throwing challenges this whole time, right? Like even during the tribal portion of the game he seemed to suck.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 18, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Do an All-Winners season, but each winner comes from a different international version of Survivor.

"Can these contestants survive the elements when they don't all speak the same language??????"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Having rewatched Samoa recently, Russell probably could have won that season had he voted out Natalie instead of Shambo.

Like even if you don't think Natalie is particularly notable or whatever...Shambo is right there for god's sake, people hated her. She spends that whole game telling him how she felt isolated from everyone. Why wouldn't you be salivating at the possibility of sitting next to someone like that at the end?

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 15, 2019

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I can’t wait to bid on those Rob and Sandra statues at the end of next season.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Danni is the real the surprise of that list to me. I figured she was forgotten more or less.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Every now and then the Survivor gods demand a blood sacrifice.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hey I just finished 32 for the first time a few days ago myself.

You're uh, in for some stuff.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just finished 33 myself. I really enjoyed it, lots of laughs and crying throughout the whole thing.

Also I'm sorry but Ken is just too ridiculously handsome to be allowed on television. There should be laws about this.

Anyways Game Changers is the final season of Survivor I've yet to see- I understand this one has a poor reception but I'm curious about it at the very least.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Khanstant posted:

what the gently caress
Yeah pretty much.

I think whoever the jury chooses pretty much deserves it by definition, but yeah that one puzzles me a bit.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Khanstant posted:

That's what I hate. If the jury picks a pack of screaming howler monkeys to be winner, you gotta just throw ur hands up and accept "oh well by virtue of the fact that they got the most votes, they played the game the best."
Well I mean, if you alienate the jurors that much then yeah you do deserve to lose.

With 32 though, it's just kind of hard to see just what made Michelle seem so preferable to Aubry in the jury's eyes- it's perhaps a problem with the storytelling of the season more than anything.

Khanstant posted:

Yo whats up with this preview for next season, I ain't tryna be triggered but all this generation warfare poo poo is conveniently skewed against millennials and not the hosed up generations what caused all this fuckin mess
Yeah the generational stuff in 33 is pretty goofy in typical Survivor fashion.

Like if you're like me at all you'll roll your eyes when they start talking about participation trophies and such but its a good season in spite of the theme.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Honestly even if you straight up kill Jeff, the Fijian islands will just bring him back to life by time the next season starts anyways.

The only way to truly defeat Probst for good is to construct some convoluted scenario where every possible contestant is immune at Tribal council (Perhaps a Final 6 where three idols are played and there's a deadlocked tie between the two remaining contestants) and then have everyone write down Jeff's name. That way the Survivor Gods will come down, drain Jeff of his ability to revive, and then he can truly be defeated in battle.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah honestly having gone through nearly every season in the last year, its really obvious the jury system is why the entire game is even interesting to begin with and works at all. The jury system also pretty much guarantees drama is going to be generated (Whether with jury reaction shots, people making the jury or not, Final Tribal Council itself etc.), and if nothing else television cameras eat up drama.

It really is a winning formula they've created.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Exile Island is just a lovely apartment, and Shane will find you there.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm only three episodes into Game Changers but I have to say I'm kind of shocked that Brad Culpepper seems to be playing an okay game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I watched the Zeke/Varner episode today.

I get that Survivor can mess with your head but man, gently caress Varner.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Max's "Hold up bro" was worth it for Probst's "wtf" response.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/jessicalewis89/status/1157015985171378176

RIP Rudy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Eh I deserve some blame myself for posting that here. Sorry about that, I clearly should have fact checked some more.