Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's actually kind of odd having 2 returnees on each tribe to start. Like those 2 are most likely going to be working together to get as many newbies on board with them as they can. Would be quite possible for a pair of returnees to try to make their tribe a cult like Rob did...

Either that or the newbies will just get together and get rid of the returnee power pair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

DvG was for sure one of the top 10 seasons. It was quite solid with a cast that came in to play the game, although some of them did so quite poorly.

Even had the rare tribe with the low numbers going into merge managing to get the numbers in their favor... and then doing the unthinkable and pissing the numbers away back to the other tribes favor.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't usually do the whole pony/poison thing. But I'm gonna do it this season.

I'm gonna push some buttons here...

Pony - Joe
Poison\ - Aubry.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also they should do a half back to basics season. Don't have any idols or advantages in the game... but have a poo poo ton of hidden clues promising idols and advantages in the game.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Might as well have been Purple Kelly

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jeff did his 39 day speach standing in a field instead of on a cliff or something. Off to a bad start.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

Etsy Shop Owner? So... like she has a laptop?

Shes like an Ebay seller but wants to only sell to the 5 buyers Etsy has.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lone Goat posted:

who the heck cast a child that can't swim

I guess he was the only African American in the casting pool...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Falling off a balance beam into a safety net trampoline seems like a poor design decision...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dropping the age discrimination.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Missing out on a 2 hour premier so CBS can shove some lovely talent show that's not America's Got Talent to Survivor fans.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's why quoting people is so important...

I didn't quote anybody and now you don't know who I'm replying too :smug:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

graventy posted:

I hate Exile Island. It wastes time and keeps me from getting to know the actual ongoing contestants.

The snuff other torches before yours gets snuffed sounds cool as hell, but I would rather just have an entire season of that. Instead they shortchange the actual show to show us extinction island stuff, and both suffer. Probably.

Anyway we ran out of Wardog license plates.

There was like 1 minute of Extinction Island in the episode. I mean sure they will probably rob us of some reward challenges for the rest of the season and that will be lovely... The entire problem with the premier is that they only did an 1 hour premier instead of 2 hours (or 90 minutes) because they want people to watch their stupid talent show...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shneak posted:

Her idol that she REBURIED is 100% getting found by another player.

Doesn't actually matter. Idol is hers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

loving cliffhanger.

Edit Kiethhanger

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's kind of funny though. Kieth's decision likely plays a big factor in Reem's game as well... Like if he went to Extinction Island then she'd be fine, but without it would be what 5-6 days of being on an island by yourself, presumably she probably doesn't even know if more people are going to show up at some point yet.. That type of thing would drive any sane person insane.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like the more raw elements to the early season challenges. Like making the Survivors run through a jungle to find objects. Or the real early seasons where the entire challenge was just pushing a giant ball through the woods.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

blue squares posted:

David is a lot less interesting this time around. He's not bad, but I really liked him in his first season and now he's pretty average.

David is still cool, but you obviously lose 90% of his first go around character when he's coming back for a 2nd go around.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ApplesandOranges posted:

You're going to have to spell out the difference between Nerds and Outcasts. Unless you can cast 6 Davies.

Well you got nerds like Christian and nerds like Cockring.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

curiousCat posted:

But that's why she was cast, probably -- the original rumor was 4 tribes, Jocks/Hot/Nerds/Outcasts

I'm sure if they were looking to cast a returnee just to fill some "hot babe" requirement, there would be quite a few castaways in front of that choice. She's obviously hot, but there's plenty hotter. She got cast again because she is a good Survivor and comes out to play the game. And knows how to play the game well enough to lay the gently caress low at the start of the season when she is one of 2 returnees on her tribe.

I also don't buy the jocks/hot/nerds/outcast rumor, would be just bazaar to do. And David and Aubry, neither one of them would fit the outcast spot. And even though he won a lot of challenges, I find it hard to believe they would cast someone like Joe to be a jock, when he'd also fit just as much in the hot tribe.

I could maybe buy that they were thinking of doing a BBB2 season though and decided to bring David along too and changed it up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well I guess I could buy that they were planning to do 20 castaways and 4 tribes to start this season with the 4 returnees. Since they had the one guy from season 37 that was originally going to be on this season, but something happened and they pulled him to go out for season 37 instead...

But I don't buy the rumored tribe theme as it's pretty stupid, even for CBS and Survivor.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SweetJahasus posted:

What the gently caress is with all this "I mean she's hot but she's not all that hot" bullshit going on? Who gives a gently caress how hot she is, that's not what this is about.

Also, of course she's gorgeous don't be stupid. This is television everyone looks above average at worst.

Well it was posted that there was a rumor that she was going to be the returnee on the "hot" tribe in probably some dark corner Reddits fantasy split for the season. So it's only natural it would come up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That's because meat is fish and fish is meat.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

mancalamania posted:

Something that always bug me when they swap into tiny tribes like this: what happens if you get down to a small enough group where everyone has an idol? It's not that crazy of a scenario: if the green tribe ended up being, say, Lauren/Aubry/David/Wardog/Rick, then they vote out Rick and Wardog in some order, and at some point David finds the green idol, then you are left with a 3-person tribe where everyone has an idol but there's still (presumably) one more round before the merge.

Considering they only get 2 or 3 tribals in these tribe swaps. The scenarios that would have to come together for something like this to happen, basically makes it impossible to happen.

Also, I actually didn't mind the swap and tribal from this episode. It's kind of a funny and interesting outcome that never happens with a 3 tribe swap. A single alliance ends up being the only players on their new tribe.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I like the 2 to 3 tribe splits. It gives some fun and interesting small number of player tribals before the merge.

Although, it's probably a bit of a fail in seasons like this, where 1 tribe just sucks and can't even get the advantage in a 3 tribe split. I mean, there still is 9 players in the game that haven't been to tribal council at this point...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

graventy posted:

Enough posts in the thread to make me think the episode aired early this week.

I thought maybe some crazy poo poo happened in the Survivor world. Turns out it's just a few crazy goons going off their rockers over tattoos or something :confused:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Starting up some wings now so I can smash them during the first half :P

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What the gently caress. Why would you give the extra vote to a returnee?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

lol Wardog

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Bloop posted:

Wait they have a Hawaiian sling and they haven't even TRIED fishing

What

The

gently caress

They LEFT that huge rear end clam??

WHAT

THE

gently caress

There are a bad tribe. Possibly one of the worst ever.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Keith took until 3 episodes after being voted out to become a factor.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shneak posted:

Wait is it a combined tribal? Cause there's no way Lesu's not voting out Joe then.

lol if you thought Joe was going to lose.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Khanstant posted:

How these people wait so many weeks to start lookin for idols??

Well they are the 3rd tribe on the new beach... at most its probably been like 6 days since they've been there. And who knows when production actually put the idol out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Seriously wondering on the balance of the tribes when you got Joe on a tribe. A guy who has an incredibly good win rate at tribal councils... Probably one of the top of the top for winning those challenges...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I dunno. Putting an icon next to a name is probably so simple compared to changing confessionals.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ah. Yes, chris got his balls free!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wasting 1/4 of the merge episode with voted out jackasses.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow, Rip Wendy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What a crazy idol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Bloop posted:

Ron is out

Who the gently caress is Ron?

One of the folks teamed with Joe. Who never lost or had a reason to be a part of the season. Because Joe hasn't lost a team immunity since his first season