Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Yay pumped for new Survivor!!

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

Dave is gonna win. I can feel it

Edit: anyone who doesn't take the shot to vote out Joe at the first possible opportunity is a total moron

100% agree

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

I'd find it hard to rank my top 10 Survivor seasons. God I hate this show so much.

I also watch 40 seasons of things I hate

That was sarcasm. I do not do that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zesty posted:

You must be a Star Trek fan as well!

I super am, in fact. I don't hate watch anything except political speeches, though

I've been very disappointed by some seasons of Trek and of Survivor (albeit less so) but if I ever actually hated it I'd just stop watching. :shrug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AWarmBody posted:

I lovewatch Survivor

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

also the immunity idol looked dope as hell

Also the shipwreck tribal area is cool

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

I WANT TO SEE A WRESTLING COMPETITION RIGHT NOW MAKE IT HAPPEN JEFF

Is that something we can do in tribal, Jeff?

:lol:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah the choice sign was cool

Survivor: Edge of Freakin Extinction

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
God
Jesus
God
Jesus
God
Jesus
God
Jesus
God
Jesus
God
Jesus
God
Jesus
God
Jesus

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Tell me more about reinforcing the patriarchy though :allears:

Ok

Using adjectives as nouns is often a verbal trick used to minimize and marginalize, replacing a person with a single characteristic

Females. Blacks. Gays. Schizophrenics.

Whatever the speaker's intent, people hearing this over and over form mental associations and frames that may structurally reinforce the dehumanization of others. If your intent is pure, you'll probably never notice it, but it has a compounding and confirming effect on people who harbor those ideas and on their victims who hear it casually used by others.

It's probably a small effect, and it's a judgement call whether you should be "reclaiming" the term or even caring about it's possible harm to others, but that's the one minute answer.

Edit: oh poo poo I thought this was the Wendy's drive-through, but it's the Survivor thread

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 1, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish every episode was 2 hours long

I want more camp detail and more challenges

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

Ozzy spotted

Lol but the current complex challenges are great, but I miss separate reward challenges

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ApplesandOranges posted:

In unrelated news, there was a buzz over some Survivor sites about the size of Chris' package, which I hadn't even noticed but I went back, rewatched the episode, and dude is seriously packing.

They never talk about the comfort items any more

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

Not sure why they bothered bringing back tribal rewards. Feels like a waste of airtime

Because it's good and fun to watch, presumed gamebot

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

Watching a bunch of people complete the same general type of obstacle course for the 1000000th time is generally not as entertaining as showcasing the contestants, most of whom remain largely anonymous 2 episodes into the season

Especially considering time is already dedicated to the EDGE OF EXTINCTION

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holy Christmas that preview

Contender for Disruptors vs Normies season

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He seemed like a whiny loser trying to save face with his gently caress THOSE GUYS arrival at exile

Like, one dude told you explicitly don't tell Wardog. Then you did, but he was right and Wardog blabbed, so you pissed off both sides. Ya hosed up, kid

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

Did anyone listen all the way through the Spencer recap on RHAP? I checked out when the son of two addicts was talking about doing mushrooms and ayuhuasca and poo poo.

This post reads like a fever dream

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Trying to enforce your morality on other people is actually real lovely

I thought this post was about the complaints about misogynistic language at first

Lets be honest though, attractiveness is a casting criteria. They don't make people hang out in bikinis and underpants by accident, they are selling a lot of things but one of them is bonars. That doesn't mean we should be weirdo creeps, though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

All Jeff's favourite players get called by their last name.

Ozzy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Fish isn't meat

What the gently caress are you talking about

Is this some Catholic loophole thing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bigass Moth posted:

Yes, Catholics can eat fish on Lent.

That doesn't make them Not Meat any more than the church having declared beavers and muskrats fish (in a further extension of religious rules-lawyering) makes it true

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

When you look at recipe books it's always called the 'Meat and Fish' chapter

Always, eh?

Culinary tradition gets a lot "wrong" obviously, like mischaracterizing fruits, nuts, "shell fish" etc. It is true things are often listed that way. Still seems odd as hell when I see it. Some say "meat and poultry" too.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AWarmBody posted:

Fish is a mineral, like salt, and should be used as seasoning

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This swap is bonkers

You missed edge of Extinction whining and mockery

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

The person who complains about being away from mom and dad each season always baffles me. Who even talks to their parents every month, let alone what, a week and a half so far?

I talk to my parents almost every day but going a month for Survivor would be totally fine yeah idgi

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jeep posted:

i looked away for a few seconds, was that swap done at random, because if so, wow/lmao

Yeah and everyone thinks it's great, but Big Wendy's tribe don't know yet that they drew the short straw

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Still laughing at a grown man wanting to be called "wardog" enough to tattoo it on himself

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I actually hope she doesn't play the idol because I like Rick better but I don't envy their position

Edit whelp

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 14, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like that there was no hemming and hawing for the camera, he was like YOINK torch, of course I want to keep playing

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Big Wendy has actually been a challenge beast overall

I mean, she is completely batshit and unstable, obviously, but good to have on the challenge front

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Big Wendy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

where most of us would say "I'd like to do X but that will hurt the other people and get me in trouble, so I won't because its not worth it" she's just saying "I know this will cause me trouble, but I'm going to do it anyway." That's kind of nuts because its not how we tend to act, but its actually pretty easy to follow.
The issue with stability that you glossed over is what goes into the X

For most people, it wouldn't matter what lovely thing went into the X because they wouldn't do something if they determined it was bad for their game. She might. That's not someone you want to be in an alliance with or even at camp with.

I'm not saying she is literally mentally infirm, but she behaves in an unpredictable way because she is apparently willing to act on her most self-destructive whims.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If anybody had actually expected her to release the chickens, they would probably still have chickens.

I'm not sure learning that lesson about her is worth the cost.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
They have to stay on that island straight through to the next season of Survivor and play again without going home

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bigass Moth posted:

#TeamWardog

:chloe:

I mean, I guess he makes pretty good TV but seriously

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Dennis System posted:

I think Shambo’s weirdness was her legitimate personality, whereas I think a lot of Wendy’s weirdness (although not all of it) is an act and bid for attention.

In fairness we don't know these people but "bid for attention" seems like it might well be Wendy's usual personally

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I've said it before but if Survivor was somehow NOT on TV, I'd apply in a heartbeat but I am the opposite of an attention whore

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks, Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
WARDOG