Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I didn't watch last season. Did I miss anything good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Bought my goddamn CBS All access subscription. I wonder how long after you cancel they offer up the "no pls come back for 3 months 4 free" kind of thing. At least I can double dip and catch Discovery.

I signed up last year and watched like 10 seasons in a month but never once got a “baby come back” email after canceling.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I had it for 1-2 when Discovery season 1 came out, then maybe 1 more when the second part of season 1 did. I got some sort of baby come back offer for a few months free or cheap or something but I declined because I had already tried to see if there was anything else I'd watch on it.

I might sign up again. There are a few seasons of Survivor I’d still like to check out. Game Changers really turned me off on the show after my binge sesh.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

That ending felt like something out of LOST. I’m into it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I'm watching David vs. Goliath and I just got to the tribal council with the two idols and John blindside. I'm loving this season. I might be the only one who likes Angelina.

Also, I instantly recognized Mike White from his role on Pushing Daisies before he was introduced. I didn't know he was a screenwriter. I'm rooting for him, Angelina, and Christian in the final three.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

do you like angelina as a person genuinely, or as a character ironically?

As a character, somewhat ironically. She's more entertaining than annoying, which is a fine line to walk. I could see my opinion changing. Attraction is likely clouding my judgment.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

blue squares posted:

What have you seen the season already? This post makes it sound as though you have. If so please don't post stuff like this.

I think Khanstant was referring to my comment about Angelina from the previous season. It's my fault, I shouldn't clutter this thread with stuff from a previous season.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

OK last post about last season... David vs. Goliath a great season with a good winner and some memorable players who would be great to see return one day. After binging like 10 of the best seasons last year (recommended by goons in a previous thread) I needed something to get the bad taste left by Game Changers and Ghost Island out of my mouth. I guess I'm a viewer of the show again since I'm watching this season but it is fascinating how easily a bad season of Survivor can turn you off so quickly. I originally quit watching back in 2002 following Survivor: Thailand.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Previously

on

SURVIVOR!

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Jeff sounds hoarse.

That guy who can’t swim is totally going home. Why sign up for Survivor if you can’t swim?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Wardog refers to women as “females” which tells you everything you need to know about him. Also, his name is Wardog.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Did they cast Keith hoping he would drown and make for good TV?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I missed the first few minutes, did the bad swimmer go to Extinction Island?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

A cool twist would be if the people on Extinction Isle were included in the tribe swap.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

BTW seasons 1, 3, 12-28 are now on Amazon Prime in America.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Wardog reminds me of a toned down version of that really annoying guy who won that season (Cagayan?) with Awful Sarah and Chaos Kass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

According to the CBS website, his real name is Dan DaSilva and his full nickname is "The Wardog."
https://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/216070/