Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Listen I don't want to lecture you guys but you need to straighten up because this is Survivor and it's the best and I won't hear otherwise.

:gritin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
This season is going to be A Good Season.

Because it is Survivor.

I guess you can go watch BBT or something if you want...

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
What the gently caress is with all this "I mean she's hot but she's not all that hot" bullshit going on? Who gives a gently caress how hot she is, that's not what this is about.

Also, of course she's gorgeous don't be stupid. This is television everyone looks above average at worst.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Big Wendy is for some reason my favorite nickname to ever come out of Survivor. I don't know what it is about it, but it makes me laugh every time.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Big Taint posted:

Unless it’s Penner or Sugar, they are alright.

:chloe:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I find it weird that Wardog says he's wearing different bottoms rather than different pants.

They're pants man. You don't wear a skirt, they're always pants. Call them pants.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

Corinne is great.

:chloe:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Edit:

blue squares posted:

I really don't think anyone that posts regularly itt considers future season themes a spoiler, so I don't think we need all the spoiler tags

I put all of the below in spoilers because it contains literal spoilers....I think that's why we're spoiling stuff because some people may not have seen all 37 existing seasons.

Took an objective look at the s40 spoiler potential because I'm waiting on something at work and I have severe crippling autism.

S1 - Richard Hatch - Without question would come back, would be wanted back, and would deliver.
S2 - Tina Wesson - Winner of most popular season so CBS would want back, she seems like she'd play again based on her last outing.
S3 - Ethan Zohn - CBS may want him based off of his appearance being at the peak of Survivor, but I think he's an unlikely return and would prob be boring.
S4 - Vecepia Towery - No chance anyone at CBS nor more viewers want more Vecepia.
S5 - Brian Heidik - A lot of fans would probably like to see the iceman in modern Survivor but IIRC production aren't huge fans of the guy.
S6 - Jenna Morasca - Sex sells so I guess CBS would want her back, despite being quite boring. I imagine Probst/fans aren't too high on this.
S7 - Sandra Diaz-Twine - Obviously everyone on Earth would want to see Sandra play again, she's a shoo-in, and IMO would definitely play.
S8 - Amber Brkjrkrir - There's no chance she'd play, there's no chance CBS would want her to play.
S9 - Chris Daugherty - I think Chris would be interesting to see in modern Survivor, and I imagine CBS would like him back since he was good TV.
S10 - Tom Westman - AFAIK Tom has said he's done, so little to no shot he'd be back. Also he's patently bad at modern Survivor.
S11 - Danni Boatwright - I feel like she's so off the Survivor radar that I don't have a read on her. She could do well, but she's not a beloved winner that CBS is nuts for.
S12 - Aras Baskauskas - I mean he'd definitely play again, I'm sure CBS would like him to as well. Would be a bad returnee.
S13 - Yul Kwon - The one past Survivor who actually has his poo poo together, so he has the most to lose by coming back. I doubt he'd go for it.
S14 - Earl Cole - I saw he was on RHAP recently, haven't listened yet, but this may provide some insight. I think Earl would come back and would be good.
S15 - Todd Herzog - Real-life mental breakdown probably prohibits his return, can't imagine CBS wants that liability.
S16 - Parvati Shallow - Of course CBS wants this, of course viewers want this. She's said she'd do all winners. It's possible.
S17 - Bob Crowley - gently caress, please no. There's no way CBS can want more of this.
S18 - JT Thomas - His legacy is already shot to poo poo so what does he have to lose here? He's a CBS darling too so definitely would be asked.
S19 - Natalie White - This one has been beaten to death whether she's deserving or not, but regardless she's boring and CBS and viewers can't want more.
S20 - Sandra Diaz-Twine - Again, duh.
S21 - Fabio - I mean, personally I'd watch more Fabio because he's a fun disaster. Doubtful CBS or the casual viewer love him much.
S22 - Rob Mariano - I can't imagine he'd want to come back a 5th time and tarnish his win. CBS may shell out to get him though and Jeff has a crush.
S23 - Sophie Clarke - She's a superfan so she'd probably be down for it. CBS & Probst don't like her afaik, but if they need bodies I could see her there.
S24 - Kim Spradlin - No way in hell she would return and scuff the perfect domination. Also Probst inexplicably dislikes her. Similar to Yul, she has it together.
S25 - Denise Stapley - If she returns, she's likely my winner pick because IMO she has what it takes in this scenario. I could see her back for sure.
S26 - John Cochran - Another superfan who I'd have to say would jump at the chance to be a part of this. Jeff's darling, and a writer for CBS sitcoms so.....
S27 - Tyson Apostol - Personally I'd love to see Tyson back, I think he's great. I think he's said he's not keen on doing it again but I imagine he would if asked.
S28 - Tony Vlachos - Another shoo-in who would absolutely be down for this. Tony is too good of TV to not have, even if he burns out early again.
S29 - Natalie Anderson - Never did I think I'd see a day where I want a twinnie back on my TV, but I mean her story was good. I'd buy it, and CBS loves twinnies.
S30 - Mike Holloway - He'd chase another shot at a million, and he's got the alpha male challenge winner aesthetic that gets Jeff hard.
S31 - Jeremy Collins - You can't help but love Jeremy, he'd be a good return and I think CBS likes him. I believe I've heard him be coy about returning but I think he would.
S32 - Michele Fitzgerald - No chance Probst wants her back. I think she'd definitely go for it but we'd all hate it.
S33 - Adam Klein - For sure he'd return and CBS loved his story. I don't think a second run of him would be interesting TV but he's a youthful face.
S34 - Sarah Lacina - I mean like does anyone want more Sarah? I don't think viewers, Probst, or CBS do. I'm sure she'd play but we'd all hate it.
S35 - Ben Driebergen - Another of Probst's lovers, I'm sure he'd be asked and would probably bite, despite being pretty bad at Survivor.
S36 - Wendell Holland - Recency bias, and how well he dominated would likely get him invited. I'm sure he'd do it again, and likely be a ripe target.
S37 - Nick Wilson - Obviously would be asked back. Great recent winner, another shoo-in.
S38 - Let's just assume this person or s39's will be back. Safe to say one of them will be invited.

Okay so with that we can trim out people who would likely not be invited or would not accept and come to a list of:
Hatch, Tina, Sandra, Chris, Danni, Aras, Earl, Parvati, JT, Fabio, Sophie, Denise, Cochran, Tyson, Tony, Natalie, Mike, Jeremy, Adam, Ben, Wendell, Nick, s38/39.

That's 23 contestants. Probst said in that interview that some people would be culled due to not wanting to play again so let's say we need to yank 7 of the above for that, leaving us with a cast of 16.

My back of the napkin guessing would have me cull out some of the winners who either may not care anymore, or wouldn't want to tarnish what they have so I'd pull out: Tina, Chris, Danni, Fabio, Cochran, Jeremy, and Wendell.

That leaves us with a cast of 16, 2 tribes of 5 men and 3 women roughly:
Tribe 1: Hatch, Earl, Tyson, Mike, Ben, Sandra, Sophie, s38/39 winner.
Tribe 2: Aras, JT, Tony, Adam, Nick, Sandra, Sophie, Natalie

I mean, I could see this happening. Maybe not the absolutely most interesting possible characters but I'd watch.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I'm really sorry for the megahuge inconvenience of y'all having to click on a black box to view the words. Tough life.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Reemdog wins this season for sure.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
His name is Wardog not Challengedog god drat yall

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Okay I wasn't a huge fan of the Chris win until this. I'm into it now.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I don't want to tell you what season to watch in order to fully appreciate Second Chances, as it would reveal the winner, but it's an okay season. You've already seen what's considered to be the top seasons by most people, and some inexplicably bad seasons like Kaoh Rong.

Main point I want to make is don't watch some of the dogshit seasons (Gabon, Redemption Island, One World, Nicaragua).

I personally am a pretty huge fan of Guatemala and think it has the charm of oldschool Survivor while having some memorable characters. A fair amount of people don't love it but it's definitely in the top 5 for me personally, as someone who's watched since the start. I could make an argument for Ghost Island just because there are a few really good players on the season (and many really bad ones) but it's good to see some people steamrolling, with a unique ending.

Edit: ^^ Philippines also has the honor of featuring convicted pedo piece of poo poo Mike Skupin.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

Yeah I'm going to listen to a bunch of her podcasts right now and make a list for you. :nallears:

Just look out for it if she ever comes up in your listens.

Cite literally one source then.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
You've still yet to present an example of her being "lovely to women" besides saying the word Females, which is not a valid reason.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

I will try to remain optimistic then!

Counterpoint: this is the guy who thinks the Wandoff is a good and entertaining segment that isn't intensely annoying.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Ah I see you like annoying and bad things.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Please source your Reddit quotes

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Another Bill posted:

There are no bad Survivors, only bad viewers.

Counterpoint: Woo Hwang

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Can we stop talking about this poo poo?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Lone Goat posted:

gently caress off

lmao are you kidding me? Is it offensive to you that some people don't like reading about disgusting shitbag monsters in their fun reality gameshow thread?

Perhaps you should stop getting so mad about people who have children who don't want to sit around reading poo poo like this in their fun Survivor thread:

Bigass Moth posted:

I don’t know the specifics of Skupin’s case, but Jared was paying people so he could rape their children and was either actively or attempting to pimp others out.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

thexerox123 posted:

How sheltered are your kids going to be if you can't even stand to read about the fact that some Survivors are dangerous, lovely people?

You're missing the point. This is an internet comedy forum where people try to go and have a relaxing enjoyable time rather than sit around and read about morose terrible things. Discussing poo poo like that here, where everyone already knows the deal and knows it's terrible, is just screaming into the abyss and is accomplishing nothing, least of all entertainment.

You're not standing up to the perpetrators of this or anything, as Skupin surely doesn't read SA, and the fringe virtue signaling you'd "achieve" from expressing your disgust for it all is akin to saying murder is bad. Brave stance.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Rarity posted:

Someone unironically using the phrase 'virtue signalling' :lol:

Actually, I was using it very ironically, which is why I put that it's an achievement in quotations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Dugong posted:

Luke should just be on every season.

This, forever. On all versions of survivor.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

ApplesandOranges posted:

Remember to put S40 stuff in spoiler tags!

Also: AUS Survivor starts up soon, and I may be the only person who's not excited for the Return of Luke.

I'd genuinely love to know, just for science, what it is you don't like about Luke? Also, who did you like from that season? He seemed like a nice enough guy and was cognizant enough to know that he's there to bring entertainment, which he did.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Bigass Moth posted:

If you think these people would play without agreeing to as many QOL advantages as possible then you’re crazy.

Here's a great QoL advantage: A 1-in-18 chance at TWO MILLION DOLLARS.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zesty posted:

Hold on to your butts, we don't know what they did in 39 to practice for 40 yet.

Love Island is actually s39 :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
s39 cast is up, if anyone wants to start daydreaming a new thread