Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dave is gonna win. I can feel it

Edit: anyone who doesn't take the shot to vote out Joe at the first possible opportunity is a total moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would loving love if they did a "who can stay awake" challenge

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zesty posted:

They hate long challenges.

I mean does Jeff really have to be there tho

Edit: last season was okay but definitely not top 5. My top 5 is composed of the 5 most hilariously insane seasons

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every time I see Joe I just think of some CBS guy thinking "budget Ozzy"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Gluten Freeman posted:

If they keep doing gimmicks eventually they'll do Survivor: Back to Basics where the gimmick is that there is no gimmick

We can hope!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Spokes posted:

imagine how paranoid people would be about HIIs 22 days into a season when they hadn't seen one yet

It would be great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just finished this season last night and lmao

It was great until the last couple episodes. Really wanted Victoria or Rick to win. Rick had by far the best story and edit. Gavin would have been fine too because he did play well.

Chris winning is just lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every season is good, even - actually, especially - the "bad" ones.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JesusSinfulHands posted:

very rarely do returning players have fun, they typically have egos and are over it, especially if they did well their first time around. I wouldn't be surprised if S40 is pretty grim in tone with a bunch of players taking the game too seriously too

I don't know, I enjoyed David this season. But Wentworth, yeah, was clearly miserable.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think it's pretty amazing that the all time "worst player" imo has never been topped since season 2

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lone Goat posted:

i just assumed OP meant worst human and they're talking about Skupin

Yup, nailed it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm extremely surprised The War Dog didn't have any stories of hunting

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm voting you all off this thread!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PopZeus posted:

Not sure if Rob is a genius cult leader or if they were all just the biggest dopes in the world.

I mean, they're Survivor contestants.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If anyone has a hidden immunity idol, now would be the time to play it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

I will never understand why it’s frowned upon in this forum to discuss the attractiveness of reality game show contestants who sunbathe in bra and parties for a month straight. The purposely cast beautiful men and women.

One thing that I legitimately wonder about, do the producers give everyone free wax treatments or do they let them shave for the TV?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

Goddamnit this is going to get me watching Survivor again

The latest few seasons own hard

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Chris winning is completely ridiculous but kind of great from a meta perspective

Still think Gavin deserved it tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Honestly I didn't like Gavin very much until the back half of the season. I thought he played a truly excellent game though.

I really was rooting for Victoria because I just liked her. Lauren would have been a good winner too.

I wanted to strangle Joe every time he tried to sound deep this season. Oh my goodness it was bad.

Edit: apparently I fell asleep watching S32 and wow how did I forget "the episode where survivor almost literally killed several people at once"

precision fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 13, 2019

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I don't really get too invested in who wins and loses, especially knowing that Editing has manipulated me all season and for all I know Big Wendy was actually completely sane and not at all annoying

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't care if Wardog is nice he still got his own terrible nickname tattod on a very visible part of his body

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wardog reminds me of a guy I used to work with who would find an excuse, every day, to say he was "in Afghanistan for 12 years"

We layer found out he had never even been deployed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Raxivace posted:

Hey I just finished 32 for the first time a few days ago myself.

You're uh, in for some stuff.

32 is a beautiful butterfly of a season

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Spokes posted:

I agree, and this doesn't feel good, right? is there any way they could do something different/better? Like, I understand, social game, blah blah blah, but like, spoilers for DvG and EoE:

The entire post-merge was focused on "Well nobody can beat Christian or Devens at FTC" even though neither of them actually did anything at any point that was Impressive and Vote-Worthy

The second person you name there did a lot, what the heck are you on about? They did a whole lot more than the person who actually won.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Part of me kinda wants them to do a season where splitting the prize is allowed. The pure chaos of all the alliances that would engender would make the survivor gods very happy I think

I mean we all know that these people keep in touch after the show and that there's a lot of "gift giving" anyway

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Survivor Prime: subscribe now to get unlimited access to the night vision feeds of all the gross orgies

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Survivor Extreme: contestants have access to all the alcohol, cigarettes and weed they want, but can only drink coffee and orange juice and no food

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well yes and no. You have to play well in order to make it to the final 3 at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think that by definition if you top 3 or win you did something right

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One would certainly presume so!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I legit don't understand why anyone likes watching Boston Rob. He's just such a douche. And not in the good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It would rule if the jury could vote "none of them" and if that sentiment is in the majority the jury all gets Redemptioned and a second mini season plays out with them

I mean, except that it would happen every time. But the first time would be funny