Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Thanks for the LP! You got me to buy kenshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

ShootaBoy posted:

Hell of a run of a very strange game. And hey! For once I made it through a recruitment LP instead of dying embarrassingly quickly!

:same:

But for real. Good LP. Thanks. I'll reread it anytime I get the urge to play kenshi, and remind myself its more fun to watch. (But that's because I'm a horrifically poor planner)

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I survived!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Big ups for going through it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
On today, the day of fools, I feel I should reveal something subliminal in the last update. Let me just take a few screenshots..

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
lmao

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

:perfect:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Good thread. Good thoughts on Cat and the 2nd empire.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Fantastic LP, well done!!

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Nice LP. I read the whole thing in ~ 3 days.

Would it have been possible to sneak in and run away with all 3 of the HN targets without any actual combat?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

pokie posted:

Nice LP. I read the whole thing in ~ 3 days.

Would it have been possible to sneak in and run away with all 3 of the HN targets without any actual combat?

I would think so, cause I've noticed Esata sleeping when I went to drop off people to her and I see people on reddit talking about how they picked up some of the high inquisitors while they slept. It would require kidnapping rather than a simple pick up, which is a stat roll that can fail.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Great LP!

Guper posted:

Wonderful, thanks for the great LP, I really enjoyed it!

Your lore thoughts reminded me of this really cool series of posts from the Kenshi subreddit. I think they outline a very convincing and coherent story for the lore/history of the world. Linked below if others are curious, broken up into talking about the First Empire and then the Second Empire.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kenshi/comments/b64dwo/the_definitive_lore_of_kenshi_1_the_first_empire/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kenshi/comments/b81qra/the_definitive_lore_of_kenshi_2_the_second_empire/

These posts are great, thanks for linking!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Not sure if I can post stuff too but I've discovered mods and played the game for fifteen hours the past three days. I didn't realize how engaging my experience would be so I only managed to have one screenshot that isn't eventful at all (it was a glitch I was experiencing with a mod with dealers), but I decided to work that in with my story.

Anyway here is my playthrough written as the story in my head:

Note - Anything in quotations is something each character more or less actually said in game. All events I've described besides character emotions (obviously) actually happened in-game.

Chapter 1 -Odd Balls -

Basically my story started out by having one young human woman named Pao. She explores the Hub and comes across a skeleton named Blanka who recently escaped from being a slave of the Holy Nation. Sick of prejudice from the Northern and Central areas they both agree to start a new life in the more tolerate swap villages with laxer laws and where human, hive, and skeletons live in...well not peace but are much more coexistent.

Upon arriving at a border village simply called "Swamp Village" Pao is shocked that they sell hash so openly. She's heard of dealers giving them out in border towns but in the village hash is treated essentially like selling alcohol. She gets the idea to buy the dirt cheap hash and sell it to nearby boarder towns for big profit. Blanka agrees with this and they head over to the nearest border towns. What they unfortunately discover is that these border towns buy the hash for at if not a little LESS than what Pao purchased it at the Swamp Village general store for. So they keep venturing out city to city, town to town, only to discover that they don't deal with illegal goods or the profits are either miniscule or non existent.

What they do notice is that the further and further they get away from the Swamps that the prices of hash in border towns go up. This gives Pao the idea to go as far away from the Swamps as possible to sell the hash, the upper most right of the continent, The Great Desert, Blanka agrees. They both trod their way to massive biome. Upon doing so they meet two unique characters. One is a Hiveless named Bo, who left their Hive due to hating the mindless hierarchal communal aspect of it all. Despite this, it's clear he is fighting his nature as he always finds himself at bars due to the enjoyment of being around large crowds. The other well was a Machine named "Bomb". This is because upon first meeting him he screamed at the group saying "I'm about to EXPLODE!!! I HAVE A BOMB IN ME!!!". After cutting wire he fell to the floor and stood up as if nothing happened, denying that the event ever took place. Despite some disagreement, he comes with the group for entertainment’s sake. But upon being attacked and being just slow in general he is left behind and kicked out of the group.

Upon reaching the Great Desert they stumble across a Hive Village at the border. Not do they accept sale of hash, but they purchase it at a massive 10x mark up! What they do not accept is Bo. He's "hiveless", and thus "lost", an tainted, an outcast. The hive in the shop demand that Bo is not allowed to set foot in the shop. Pao and the group reluctantly agree and ask Bo to wait outside. They manage to sell their hash at a big profit. However, after the journey home, it became apparent that it just wasn't worth the trip. It is with this that Bo mentions that there are some Hive villages that aren't too far from the swamps, but he is not exactly sure where they are. The group decides to buy some more hash and do it all again. However, this time they will be sticking to the more central part of the map and head west.

Basically my story started out by having one young human woman named Pao. She explores the Hub and comes across a skeleton named Blanka who recently escaped from being a slave of the Holy Nation. Sick of prejudice from the Northern and Central areas they both agree to start a new life in the more tolerate swap villages with laxer laws and where human, hive, and skeletons live in...well not peace but are much more coexistent.

Upon arriving at a border village simply called "Swamp Village" Pao is shocked that they sell hash so openly. She's heard of dealers giving them out in border towns but in the village hash is treated essentially like selling alcohol. She gets the idea to buy the dirt cheap hash and sell it to nearby boarder towns for big profit. Blanka agrees with this and they head over to the nearest border towns. What they unfortunately discover is that these border towns buy the hash for at if not a little LESS than what Pao purchased it at the Swamp Village general store for. So they keep venturing out city to city, town to town, only to discover that they don't deal with illegal goods or the profits are either miniscule or non existent.

What they do notice is that the further and further they get away from the Swamps that the prices of hash in border towns go up. This gives Pao the idea to go as far away from the Swamps as possible to sell the hash, the upper most right of the continent, The Great Desert, Blanka agrees. They both trod their way to massive biome. Upon doing so they meet two unique characters. One is a Hiveless named Bo, who left their Hive due to hating the mindless hierarchal communal aspect of it all. Despite this, it's clear he is fighting his nature as he always finds himself at bars due to the enjoyment of being around large crowds. The other well was a Machine named "Bomb". This is because upon first meeting him he screamed at the group saying "I'm about to EXPLODE!!! I HAVE A BOMB IN ME!!!". After cutting wire he fell to the floor and stood up as if nothing happened, denying that the event ever took place. Despite some disagreement, he comes with the group for entertainment’s sake. But upon being attacked and being just slow in general he is left behind and kicked out of the group.

Upon reaching the Great Desert they stumble across a Hive Village at the border. Not do they accept sale of hash, but they purchase it at a massive 10x mark up! What they do not accept is Bo. He's "hiveless", and thus "lost", an tainted, an outcast. The hive in the shop demand that Bo is not allowed to set foot in the shop. Pao and the group reluctantly agree and ask Bo to wait outside. They manage to sell their hash at a big profit. However, after the journey home, it became apparent that it just wasn't worth the trip. It is with this that Bo mentions that there are some Hive villages that aren't too far from the swamps, but he is not exactly sure where they are. The group decides to buy some more hash and do it all again. However, this time they will be sticking to the more central part of the map and head west.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 2 -Head East -

The trio find some hive villages, just west of the hub areas. Unfortunately, while they accept the sale of hash they do not pay well, and Bo keeps getting treated like an outcast.

While traveling further west, it becomes apparent that roaming travelers are less frequent. In the distance, Blanka spots a man marching to the east. He can see that his left arm is broken. Blanka tries to talk to the man but he won't say anything. He fixes the man's arm up and returns to his group.

The group keeps trekking along when in the horizon they see a group of Hive. They look a bit different than the one's they have encountered before but assume it's variation due to being located in different biomes. Upon getting their attention the Hive immediately charge toward the group. Attacking Bo, Pao, and Blanka. The group immediately assumes that this is due to them being angry at Bo being an outsider. However, once the group of hive defeat the trio of characters, they grab Bo and Pao, leaving Blanka behind. Blanka wonders why they didn’t take him as well. And just who were these hive? Were they slavers? Bandits kidnapping them for a ransom? Blanka repairs himself and follows the hive's trail down bluff nearby that is totally covered by fog below.

Upon catching up with his group he discovers that they have been tied up at the stake, surrounded by the hive, with Pao being eaten alive by the largest hive there. Filled with a burning rage Blanka runs up to the large hive and attacks him, just for him to be knocked out. He gets up again and fights, but it keeps playing the same. Each time Blanka comes to his senses and begins fighting he notices an extra body part of Pao has been consumed. Until one time he wakes up and finds her...dead. At this point he loses all hope, and wait for the inevitable to happen to Bo. "At least they are unconscious" he thinks. After consuming Bo the hive leader moves on to its next victim. Only this time, they are conscious. It is a man who is beaten and broken, and has been silent this entire time. However, once the hive leader sinks his teeth into him he begins shouting uncontrollably. "NO!!! NOT MY LEGS!!! STOP!!! NO!!!" It is during this screaming that Blanka notices that the man seems familiar. Upon examining him he notices his blonde hair most of all his healing left arm. This was the exact same man Blanka just provided care for! Putting two and two together, he deducted that the man was likely captured by the hive and escaped, and the reason why these fog hive left the habitat was to search for him.

Once he was eaten alive, the hive move on to another victim and part ways. Blessing himself that he has frame of metal and not of flesh, he stops playing dead and repairs himself. He then treks through the thick fog, praying not to run into the creatures again. Eventually he comes across a city of all things. Why a city HERE of all places?

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 19, 2021

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 3 -Safe Space-

Blanka soon learns that the city is called "Mongrel" and it's less of a city but more so an overgrown refugee camp. There are no natives or settlers here. It's merely a place where people who are lost in the fog take refugee. The only safe place in this literal hellhole.

Reflecting on his fallen friends, Blanka tries to make the goes to the bar. It is here in encounters a large scorchlander woman named Shryke. They have a conversation about how her and her companions were looking for rare AI chips in the ruins up north, only for her whole crew to be killed by robots. Panicked and desperate she ran into the fog valley and managed to make it to this city. Despite being here for around a year, she despises this city. When Blanka asks her why she doesn't just up and leave, she replies that she is too afraid to leave. She has seen countless times people leaving the city and submerging themselves through the fog, only to never come back. She cannot risk doing that journey again.

Shaken by her hopelessness, Blanka heads to the bar counter and sees what they have. He is surprised to find that they will actually accept his weed for, an albeit small, tidy profit. He then leaves the bar and comes across a short and scrawny hive yelling "Beep!" Initially thinking that the hive may have some...metal problems, he discovers that he is of sound mind. The hive doesn't remember his name, so Blanka decides to call him Beep for obvious reasons. Beep asks Blanka if he could join him, but Blanka declines since Beep has no skills and won't be worth whatever amount of money he asks Blanka for. When Beep asks Blanka what money is Blanka swiftly responds with "Welcome Abroad!"

While walking around they have chat with a resident who is an escape prisoner. He has been here for years and sulks about how he essentially escaped one prison for another. When Blanka tells the man that he is going to escape and that he should come with him, the man laughs at his face, ensuring that it's either this place as his tomb or to whatever lurks in the fog. Being disgusted by this surrender to the elements, Blanka goes back to the bar and speaks with Sharla asking her to come with him. She laughs tell him that they will all mostly certainly die, but agrees to get out or die trying.

Upon reaching the city's south entrance, they discover these fog hives attacking the city. Luckily they are quickly handled by the gates guards. You can tell this is routine for them. Blanka sees that one of these hives are still alive. He patches them up and carries them. He has a plan.

The group travels across the foglands, narrowly encountering threatening hives multiple times. But they are lost and can't find a way out. Just how in the hell was Blanka able to navigate through this originally? Upon reaching a highpoint that is a complete deadend, the group begrudgingly agrees to try and go back to the city and take the north route.

Miraculously they do so. They come out of the fog, and into the city, just to go back into the fog on the north side. After what was possibly a full day of navigating, they finally make it out of fog island.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 4 -He Snaps-

Blanka leads the group back to the swamp village where he resides. He tells Beep and Shryke about his drug selling hustle. They seem enthusiastic but the shops are closed due to it being past midnight. While Blanka keeps an eye on the fog hive he brought back with him, Beep and Shryke decide to go to the shop anyway.

Desperate to make himself useful, Beep tries to lockpick the shop's doors. After some time he succeeds and both him and Shryke break into the shop. Why not just get the hemp for free and maximize profits that way?

Once inside they see both owners sleeping on their beds. They tip toe to the shop counter and loot a dozen kilos of hash. They both make it out of there less than thirty minutes before the store opens up.

Once Beep and Shryke leave the shop area they find Blanka treating the fog hive's wounds again. It turns out that the fog hive woke up. And instead of Blanka being able to ask him questions, it immediately began acting crazy to which the town's guards had to knock it out. Beep and Shryke tell Blanka that they already purchased the hash as the store just opened. Blanka still seems down, as he admits that he was wrong in seeing if he could learn anything from the creature he brought here. Now what he wanted to do was to dispose of it, to have it endure the fate that his friends did.

Telling his two companions to wait at the entrance, Blanka scouts the swamp lands looking for creatures that will devour the hive. He searches for hours with no luck. At one point he found some swamp raptors, but they weren't interested in eating a hive.

He eventually sees ruins in the far distance. And what everyone knows where there are ruins there are fiends. He is surprised to find that the ruins are in a town named Root. He goes inside the bar to ask for information about the ruins, but comes across with an imposing figure. It's a leader of the town's local gang.

Refusing to bow down to him, the leader and his crew begin attacking Blanka. In a frantic state of mind, Blanka just snaps. Carrying the hive's body he runs to the ruins, somewhere so off-putting that everyone in the gang stops chasing him. Blanka set's the fog hive down and immediately begins smashing the locked door.

He doesn't care what is on the other side. gently caress this town. gently caress this hive. gently caress everything. For so much of his life he has known nothing but pain through slavery, scum, and savagery. The few times he has felt happiness was when he was with his companions Pao and Bo. And it was those hive, THIS hive that took them away from him. He keeps smashing at the door until...it breaks.

On the other side he sees countless bloodspiders. He had no idea how so many of them could be packed in such a relatively small amount of space. He turns around and sees that the fog hive has long made a run for it, it must have been playing dead this entire time. But Blanka decides to run as well.

As dozens of spiders literally pour out of the ruins the townspeople are horrified. Some run away, some fight, but most get eaten alive. And this includes the fog hive. It weakly tries to fend the spiders off but get's absolutely obliterated. However, Blanka doesn't fair all the much better. He too tries to fight the spiders off. And while he does manage to kill two or three of them, he is overpowered by their sheer numbers. Luckily his metal frame stops the spiders from eating him, but the damage they have done is too great. Blanka is dying and lacks repair kits.

In his last moments he remembers Pao, Bo, and the adventures they had. He knows he can leave this life at least knowing he made some true friends. Then just as he is mere moments from dying, Beep and Shryke come across his body. Beep repairs Blanka so he is good as new.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 5 -Mountain Size-

Blanka fully comes to and sees that it is now morning. He is most surprised to see that the town has gotten the bloodspider situation in control. However, there are a lot of citizens who seem to be dead. Blanka leads the crew around so they can check all the bodies. A surprising amount of them are merely wounded. Blanka proceeds to patch them up, a tiny fraction of what could be considered as "atonement" in his mind.

During this Shryke goes to the bar and speaks with the barkeep. Apparently it was well known that the ruins housed bloodspiders and they were closed for that very reason. So someone had to enter in order for the spiders to come in. Knowing this, that Blanka left to "dispose" of the hive's body, and the fact that her and Beep traveled around the swamplands without being attacked by a single predator, it becomes all too clear what had occurred.

While healing the wounded, Blanka comes across the town's leader. Strangely, he doesn't seem all that bothered by the nightmare that had occurred. If anything he seems upbeat. When Blanka speaks to him, he tells him if he wants to speak with him then meet him at his house. Why would he even want to give Blanka the time of day?

Blanka and Beep both head to the same bar Shryke is at. Blanka strikes up a conversation with the barkeep who tells him that this is less of a "town" and more of a "territory". The towns guards officially run the place but the local gang has been "chomping at their heels".

Blanka proceeds to look around the bar and sees several dead if not crippled bodies lying with rotting spiders. Looking closer, it all makes sense. Almost all of the dead are former gang members, while those who are on their way to recovery are the town guards. So what if a couple citizens were eaten alive by an army of bloodspiders? Blanka managed to solve the guard's "gang" and power struggle problem. No wonder the town leader was willing to see him in his residence.

While he was readying to leave a young woman caught Blanka's eye. A dark brown skin scorchlander with crystal blue eyes and a mohawk. Her name is Ellin. She tells Blanka that her and mountain of a brother arrived here after encountering some bandits at the plains. She all but asks Blanka if she and her brother could join his crew to which he agrees. She is delighted and tells Blanka that they should find her brother and that it won't take long since they can't miss them since "he's the size of a mountain." This strikes Blanka as odd since he just went around town patching up people, and nobody looked particularly large.

"Oh poo poo! Oh poo poo! Bloodspiders!!!", "AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!". As soon as they walk outside Ellin begins screaming. But all of the bloodspiders are dead corpses on the ground. Also, how could she not have known about bloodspiders when the bar is filled with dead rotting bloodspiders?

As she constantly panics while the crew searches the entire area they can't find Ellin's brother, not even a trace of him... It becomes clear that her brother was here and got...bested by the spiders. Taking her in and looking after her mental health is now Blanka's obligation and a constant reminder of his terrible choice that fateful afternoon.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 6 – Another Run-

Discovering so many other swamp villages on their way to Root, the crew decide to see if there was a large city in the area. They soon discover the city of Shark located in the heart of the swampland. However, unlike the village of Root, there is no "power struggle" in Shark between the guards and the gangs, the gangs clearly have a complete monopoly on the entire city, to the point of having the biggest building in town.

"The Hounds" they call themselves. Conversing his way through town, Blanka manages to meet the Hound leader herself, "Big Grimm". She agrees to have Blanka's crew do some mission for her. Their first assignment is to deliver four kilos of hash to any United City territory. They meet with her contact there and exchange the drugs for money. Simple.

Blanka agrees. Of course, with all of the city's they have gone to, one of them has to be party of the United Cities correct? Well yes, but only one, a town called "Eden" far Northwest. But no matter, this isn't about just one transaction, it's about seeing if the crew can network to find a client of their own. So they venture off to Eden.

After two whole days of traveling, they still haven't reached their destination. However, they come across a container in the middle of nowhere. Beep agrees to open up the lock and inside they find several shipping boxes and a powered off droid. Ellin proceeds to try and unlock the box and opens it. She finds several very high-priced skeleton parts inside. As she takes them, the droid powers on and begins attacking the group.

Luckily it is absolutely no match for the group and Ellin and Beep end up carrying as much as they can. The group continues until nightfall where they reach Eden. Unfortunately, Blanka forgot that Eden was a ruined city. There is no civilization here, just homeless squatting in collapsed buildings.

Embarrassed about the mistake, Blanka convinces the group to press on where they finally come across a United City, "Stout".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 7 - Buyer, Seller -

Once at Stout, they immediately try and find their buyer. They first go to a bar only to find that the barkeep won't buy illegal goods. They then speak with the patrons and find a "no questions ask" trader. However, he still refuses to buy hash as it's just too illegal.

Morning comes, and the crew still looks for the buyer. It is then that they find someone standing in front of a building who asks Blanka "are you the one they sent?" Blanka nods and shows him the hash, only to realize that the guy is only carrying 2100 cats so he can only buy one kilo. So Blanka and his crew search elsewhere. In another shop Shryke enters it with the shopkeeper saying "Special delivery..."

Relieved she speaks to him and he states that he was the pickup. But just like the previous guys he only had 2100 cats. This cannot be right! There has to be another way. They didn't bust their rear end just to sell the hash for less than 4000 cats! The journey wouldn't even be worth it if it was a full profit, let alone whatever they must split with the Big Grimm.

While Blanka looks for someone to sell to, Ellin and Beep load off their skeleton items to a tech shop and get paid five digits each. After looking around several stores, Blanka comes across a "bakery", and surprised to find out that they are willing to buy hash. He sells the hash for 5600 cats, while Shryke offloads her's for around 15,000. Big Grimm won't care who they sell too, as long as she gets her money she'll be happy.

As they exit the bakery, the crew decides to venture through the town a bit. Shryke realizes that she forgot to sell one skeleton piece, so she decides to head back to the store. It is after selling it that she encounters Lord Inaba and his goons. "Poor filthy woman! Kneel before me." Looking unamused, Shryke tells Lord Inaba that "I will not feed your ego". In disbelief someone disrespected him he attacks Shryke and all of his guards follow suit. Shryke quickly passes out and Lord Inaba carries her himself to her prison cage.

Luckily her crew manages to be nearby and see her. Beep comes by and unlocks her cage while Blanka treats her. Ellin stands watch. Blanka is shocked to see how much damage Shryke took. She is in a critical state and will soon be dying due to an enormous chest wound. As soon as Shryke is released from the cage the guards see them. Ellin picks up Shryke and runs out of the city. Both Blanka and Beep are knocked out. Beep is locked in the cage while Blanka is left on the floor due to the guards thinking that he is dead. Luckily, Blanka is merely playing dead. He gets back up and releases Beep from his cell. He then carries Beep and meets up with Ellin in the desert. Blanka treats Beep's wounds and he and Ellin head back to Shark.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 8 - No Scavangers-

The group travels for days without anything interesting happening. Blanka finds that he has gotten too far ahead of Ellin, so he waits for her to catch up. It is then that Beep wakes up. He is completely fine besides a damaged left leg which is gradually healing. While waiting for Ellin they discover a traveler passing by. Blanka convinces her to come back to town with him. Maybe they could be useful to Big Grimm. Once Ellin catches up, Beep eyes the traveler's clothing and items. The group decides to attack the traveler and take his belongings. They leave him out to dry as they press on with only Beep suffering more injury to his left leg, thus Ellin must carry him, while Blanka picks up Shryke.

Shortly after leaving they reach a land that is filled with lasers raining down from the sky. The group hightails it through the area, praying not to get hit. Unfortunately, one laser hits very close to Ellin and Beep. Blanka waits for them to catch up checking if they are okay. They are both wounded, with Beep taking even more notable damage to his legs, but they should be fine for the short term. Blanka notices that Shryke has been hurt along the way too. He quickly patches her up while the previous traveler catches up with them. Expecting them to be attacked, they find the traveler to be friendly. They still want to follow them even after being attacked. How strange.

The group sprint through these lands of hellish lasers falling from the sky. But then dusk comes and suddenly, Blanka finds himself out of the nightmare land. He waits for Ellin to catch up with him, hoping that the rest of them made it. In the horizon he can see Ellin carrying Beep leaving the lands, but there is no traveler in sight. Eventually Ellin reaches Blanka. She drops Beep as Blanka immediately gives her medical care. She is badly injured with damage to all of her body and her legs damaged to the point where she has to hop step to move around. Clearly, she was in close proximity with another blast. Once Ellin is treated, Blanka immediately moves over to Beep. Beep is dead.

It appears that he recently died due to mortal damage to his left leg. In fact, if he was treated less than an hour ago his life would have been saved. Without saying a word Blanka picks him up, and carries him to the deep lake nearby. He won't allow another friend of his to be potentially devoured by a creature. He dumps his dear friend's body in the lake and picks Shryke back up. The remaining group head back to Shark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Chapter 9 - 4000 Cats -

On the way back they come across another container in the wilderness. Ellin opens it up to find more crates and a Droid. Taking the activation card from the previous container, she turns on the droid and makes it non-hostile while rummaging through the items. She even manages it to give her a haircut. She now has long icy blue hair matching her icy blue eyes.

Half a day later the group returns to Shark. As soon as they reach their destination Shryke finally wakes up from her coma. She is relieved to see Blanka and Ellin, but soon notices that Beep is nowhere to be found. There are no words needed, she understands.

They come into contact with Big Grimm who is surprised to see them. She laughs off that they aren't rotting in a jail cell. She congratulates the group on a job well done, and asks for the payment which should have been 4000 cats. Blanka pays up, realizing that even if both of her pointmen gave him all of their money then the job would have only resulted in 200 cats for his whole group.

As a "tip" for a job well done, she gives Blanka one free kilo of hash. Blanka doesn't tell her that he didn't sell to her contacts but someone else and made five times the profit. He didn't tell her that his group sold some hash of their own and sold that as well. Or of the items they found in the two containers.

The group now had nearly half of six figures to spend on themselves. They no longer needed pocket change from being errand boys.

Big Grimm offers them a new job. She hands them several building supplies and asks them to build a hash farm in town that they can manage, and she will "split the profit" with them. Blanka nods and takes the building material. He knows that he could afford it himself and make his own farm. But he is going to accept these materials from her and take her "deal", as he is going to use this material to make his own hemp farm for him and his crew instead. Yes it will cause trouble if he ever comes to the swamps but it will ease his mind as it is a big "gently caress you!" to Big Grimm, Lord Inaba, Hive Prince, and every other scum who takes his comrades from him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well that's my story, hopefully you all enjoy it, but I have a feeling you'll just make fun of me for typing that much.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 19, 2021