Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Rebirth and Retribution

So what happened during the adventures in the Black Desert?

: Alright adjust for wind aaand...

: Threaded between 6 bodies, and right into the kneecap!

Hey you fuckers! They beelined straight to the food and grabbed up everything. After beating them down I had to check each body and get our food back.

Haha it applies to both the LPer and the second in command. F for Ibble's until now virgin rap sheet.

Er, ok this isn't good. I should mention that the first go around this stuff never happened, it was all quiet back at base. So now I'm trying to navigate one squad through the black desert and defend the base.

God drat thats a lot of religious nutters.

: Alright you shoot the one on the left and I'll get the one on the right and.. gently caress it, just shoot whoever isn't wearing armor!

Even with the highest tiered gate they don't last long against this many people.

And this is a big worry, if the walls get destroyed I don't think I'll be able to build them cause they'll be "too close" to the gate to be rebuilt. So I rush a few people to distract these guys.

And then a fresh wave come crashing in :shepface:

So while we try to hold the line I send Deadmans Tea Party out for a very, very important mission.

Man I really need to like, throw up an extra wall and a gate leading to the ramp so the turrets aren't always rushed.

Not just because the gunners aren't great at melee combat, but because anyone coming up to help will most likely get shot by the gunners, such as Rockopolis here who ate 120 damage to the skull :v:

But hey we managed to fight it back, even at half strength.

Deadman arrives at the nearby Waystation and hires 2 sets of mercenaries. A little late but.

Now back to your regularly scheduled expedition. Did everything the same, some loot pick ups are different, but we're back here at Narko's trap with the skeleton friends.

Hm, Holy Nation slave mongers. This is added by the Living World mod, they're pretty much the UC equivalent of slave mongers.

Annoyingly, everyone was starving and there wasn't any drat food in the base. However a HN trade caravan walks on over...

Thats the good stuff.

Oh and Brougal lost his left arm at some point.

Good thing I grabbed one of these while we were in Black Desert city.

Looking back at base, thats a lot of people. Flotsam reinforcements finally arrived and 2 squads of mercenaries.

Now... here is something weird. Something *really weird*. Notice anything missing? Our skeleton friends just up and vanished.

Looking at our contracts and their "contract" is just gone. I looked all around the area and I can't find any of their corpses, they just poofed. Checking dialogue nothing indicates that they dismissed themselves. :iiam:

Heading back to Narko's Trap, there is now skeletons wandering around. Several of the buildings are destroyed, but there is a bar that sprung up.

Fully functioning bar, even has non skeleton patrons and the skeleton barkeep serves food.

As an aside, the locked off science lab is changed up and has been completely cleaned out. You'll want to loot the place before leaving, otherwise those AI cores are gone.

Reminder that this only happens from the Living Worlds mod.

: Beep likes his new skeleton limb. Beep feels stronger, faster. Beep's limbs are clearly too easy to chop off, but that was the old, fleshy Beep. Now Cyber Beep fears neither man nor beast!

: It's just a robot limb, it doesn't make you more powerful.

: This... this is what the pinnacle of power feels like.

: CYBER BEEP!!

: :sigh:

: ... Did we get taken over? Why is there more sellswords then clansmen?

So... for some weird rear end reason the Flotsam reinforcements aren't leaving. Note that the mercenary contract is not here, it expired. The mercs announced that they were leaving. yet they're still hanging around the base.

So this is what I think happened: Somehow, somehow, the contract from the broken robots got passed to the other contracts that we have. Its the only thing I can assume, that these contracts are getting the 65k day time limit.

: Leave this land, unholy ones!

: The Lord of Light repels you!

The HN attacks are ramping up, they got more armored troops and are led by an Inquisitor instead of a High Paladin.

Still we currently got 4 squads of AI troops hanging around along with everyone being back at home so...

: Light of Okran, guide my sword!

: Don't let the heretics corrupt our society, repel them!!

Yep, thats a lot of Flotsam hanging around. 3 squads now.

: Dirk, Dareon and Huo, we're gonna take the pack animals and go on a little adventure.

: Are we going somewhere nice?

: .. Yeeah. Somewhere nice.

On the way I've run across 2 Shek who are part of the "Outlaw" faction, with bounties. And we can talk to them, but the dialogue is just "I'll be on my way" or "I'm gonna claim your bounty." Never seen this before, I wonder if Living Worlds added this.

: People like you belong in a cage!

: Why didn't we bring any extra muscle?

Nah its fine, the bulls have muscle to spare. Nothing like overlapping AOEs hitting for 145 damage.

Funnily enough some Holy Nation Outlaws come wandering by and they proceed to loot the slavers.

: Vain. The hivers may seem harmless enough but don't let that fool you. They're sneaky.

: *giggle*

: Teehee!

Er... yeah..

: And we're here! Ah yes, the good ol' Foglands. Its a little nostalgic.

: And we aren't leaving until you get some basics up and running.

: Can you at least help us build?

: Sorry, I need to keep an eye out for the Fogmen. Don't want anyone losing a leg!

And here they come!

And Lela proceeds to do a flying kick and boot that loving Fogman's arm off.

Oh no what can I do about this swarm?

Oh right, bulls that can AOE for 190 damage :lol: Any of those attacks hit the head, chest or stomach and they'll instantly die. Anything else is a loss of limb.

Nearby there is a Holy Mine, and weirdly enough I see a Shinobi Thieves Guild caravan walk by. Another thing added by Living Worlds. Not to be all "muh lore" but I don't see a guild of thieves having trader caravans... much less a nation of holy fanatics who criminalize alcohol and drugs letting them openly trade in their lands.

: Ah crap. Hey I'm stuck!

: Alright maybe if you can get closer over here?

: There seems to be an unseen force keeping me from walking closer.

: Alright there we go.

So I had Lela make a few "supply runs" to the holy mine and she got caught, which made all the shinobi thieves jump in to fight.

I'll feel bad not helping them out so lets do this.

Their pack garrus are wrecking shop down there, but this building has turrets that are shooting them. Gotta neutralize that.

: Next time, I'll watch your back.

Yeah, I was definitely watching your back there, not you guys jumping in when I got caught sneaking hahahahaha.

Alright got one side walled off...

And now we got our little valley here all sealed off. Ignore the missing walls, the hill is too steep for anyone to walk through. That automated hybrid stonemine is amazing.

We head on back, pick up all of our supplies and head on out.

Farewell The Crabshack, I'm sure the Flotsam and mercenaries will enjoy the place.

Oh god, beakthings with our group all tightly packed. Its not as fun getting AOE'd as it is giving them.

Time to start building in earnest. Of course with the slopes its hard to place buildings but I'll manage.

Oh and hungry bandits come rushing in :rolleyes:

Got the perfect spot for an outpost building.

AND THIS TIME WE WONT BE BLOCKED SHOOTING DOWN AT THE GATE

I send a concentrated attack at the holy mines, and it constantly got reinforced. After clearing out the mines 2 HN patrols came wandering in.

More and more bounties, I wonder how high it'll go before we're done.

At some point a HN caravan walked on by, so hey more food and supplies. All bought with the blood of the righteous.

Oh and Brougal has now lost his right leg, making him tie with SquirrelGrip for losing the most limbs in a single update :v:

Well good thing I had that masterwork stealth leg laying around.

Same can't be said for all the HN troops. The dogs will be eating well tonight!

And now that we got things settled.... Time to continue our little nostalgic trip.

: May the light of Okran shine on us!

Wow, that Okranite must be a superhero of some sort to either see or hear us approaching from the other side of the mountain.

Maybe not cause he decided to bumrush the squad by himself and is getting wrecked. I don't think these turrets can actually hit anyone coming up this side, they're placed too far back.

I set everyone to hold and let the Okranites come to me, keeping AOE down to make sure everyone stays as healthy as possible.

I move down to a barracks watch tower and hold there, letting onsie twosie sentinels head up here. As each gets knocked down I swipe their weapons.

Once it starts to get dark I send Lela and Ibble in to the slave houses...

And start arming them :getin:

Then we start picking locks...

Synchronized lock picking, should be a sport. Anyways we get these two out...

: Escapee! Attack her!

Oh well this is awkward.

Funnily enough, both prisoners immedaitely jump back into their cells. I don't know if this is because its the time for slaves to head back into their cells or its cause they know they wont be attacked in there.

And now I send in the rest of the clan in.

Of course not every escapee will follow us and will run off on their own. This one unfortunately caught the attention of 7 Okranites.

Chaaaaaarge

And of course while everyone keeps the guards busy, we continue arming and busting out prisoners....

Gonna be one of those nights when you wake up to a flying kick to the face.

: Flotsam will not take root in our holy domain!

While busting out slaves I send people out to take out the gate guards so prisoners booking it wont be caught. Funnily enough, we've taken out so many guards that the gates only have 1 person on duty.

: 'Demon, do not wake'

She says it as a quote, I wonder if thats her mocking the Okran preaching.

: How dare you run from your duties! Your heresy must be punished..

And then she gets caught up by a guard and put back into a cage.

Hilariously Brougal is our quickest person with the masterwork prosthetic. Whats also funny is that he doesn't have the strength yet to use his weapon at full speed, so he zips straight to his target then suddenly goes into slow motion to attack them.

: Cowards hiding behind sacred words, that's all they are. A disgrace to Okran.

Got quite the entourage of escapees with us.

Time to take out the command center of the camp.

This is it, this is all that remains of the guard.

As we clean up some more guards come out of the watchtower, but nothing we can't handle.

I was worried about the turrets up here, but the guards are so understaffed no one is on them.

And inside the building is this guy, a rebirth slave master. Interestingly, the named inquisitor that took slaves (see the dead timeline update) isn't the one in charge here. Again, added by living worlds yadda yadda.

Ibble and Lela proceed to pulp his head in before he can even pull out his weapon.

And with that, silence.

Look at all of them green circles, escapees who didn't follow us.

: More killing. Lovely. Perhaps this will be a record year for me.

Oh Mr. Bones, you so negative.

Weirdly enough, some new prisoners are showing up in the form of Holy Nation Outlaws. There are guards creeping somewhere.

: That's right, they did it! Eat poo poo, the lotta you!

We got roughly 25 escapees following us at this point.

: So much destruction at the hands of the Holy Nation. Blind faith, in anything, is poison.

Alright ladies and sheks, please form an orderly line as we leave Rebirth.

: Wow...

: Oh god!

: Whaaaattt!

: Can this be real?!

: Awesome!

: I don't believe it!

: Whatever, it was easy.

: This is all thanks to you.

: Extraordinary!

: Whaaaattt!

: We did it, we're free!

: Free at last!

: Freedom!

And then several of the shek start laughing and head.. right back towards Rebirth :psyduck:

And then one of our squads double in size from all the prisoners joining.

I know where we can take them...

Ah Flotsam, its been a spell. That building on the right is new though. Seems the Living Worlds mod added a prison to the place.

: ... and that is how we ended slavery forever.

: Don't know about that last part but we can take care of everyone. Keep up the good fight.

I dismiss all the prisoners here in Flotsam.

: Okran has abandoned us... I've betrayed my holy brothers... what have I done...

: A skeleton?! Don't look it in the eye.... don't look it in the eye..

Hey what the hell guys.

Returning back to Rebirth and.. well look at that. Plenty of Flotsam hanging around. Several buildings destroyed...

And Flotsam takes over Rebirth. This is also from Living Worlds, and honestly was the main reason I used it. Otherwise to take over Rebirth we would need to take out all 3 of the HN leaders.

The main building that used to be where you turned in slaves will now be converted to an armory with Flotsam shop keeps.

They wanted to give Rebirth, we'll give them Retribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Huh, living worlds seems real neat. Maybe I should download and start a new game. My current game is a creaky crashing catastrophe, so it would be nice to go back to basics.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I really do appreciate being able to bit by bit dismantle the HN, rather then it being a case of nothing happens until you take out the Phoenix and the head Inquisitors. It kinda works like this for UC lands, each city and settlement is headed by a noble and taking them out changes the world state for that settlement. Whereas with HN you gotta take out one of the big 3 and a third of the HN lands will change which feels so sudden.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Leal posted:

They wanted to give Rebirth, we'll give them Retribution.

:black101: Also, nice Fog Island base! How are the resources there, by the way?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We may have lost our skeletons, but at least we still have crebs

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Slaan posted:

We may have lost our skeletons, but at least we still have crebs

That really is unfortunate, because the side effect of having those skeletons is HILARIOUS.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

:black101: Also, nice Fog Island base! How are the resources there, by the way?

Its got 100 for water/fertilization/stone and some ore and copper deposits (the messy area that Huo got stuck in has iron and nearby is a copper ore node). Prospecting says its arid and green but when I put down farms it says arid, and my greenfruits don't get a full 100% yield rate.

Donkringel posted:

That really is unfortunate, because the side effect of having those skeletons is HILARIOUS.

This really irritated me cause I had a set up:

When I talked about no food in the base I was gonna have the squad move to a nearby holy farm for food, where then the skeletons would attack. It would be Beep's first experience with murder

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I gotta ask, I know my namesake lost an arm an update or two back, but did I get a replacement? I know I just grow stuff and it would be easier with 2 arms.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

dervinosdoom posted:

I gotta ask, I know my namesake lost an arm an update or two back, but did I get a replacement? I know I just grow stuff and it would be easier with 2 arms.

You currently got a standard grade skeleton arm.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I remember much earlier in the LP I naively asked when we would ever get around to using all of these prosthetics we kept finding. Now limbs fall off people all the time, often without obvious cause.

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Leal posted:

You currently got a standard grade skeleton arm.

yay!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Equivalent Exchange

: Must be nice, now that automation has taken over and you all get to sit here and eat all day.

: Yeah boss, its great. Who knew fighting cannibals would lead to this?

: Uh huh... Well there are other ways to earn your keep.

: Just had to say something, didn't you?

: Don't know why *I* got involved in this.

: FUUUUUCCCKKKK!!!

: Well that didn't take long. Time to lean to fight. And hey, better put up a good one. These aren't the type you want to collapse in front of.

So we got 2 holy nation outlaws, a mercenary and a non factor.

Considering we're sporting high quality weapons, most attacks chop off a limb on these fogmen. Probably not a good way to train since they fall so quickly.

And of course, second squad doesn't have the strength to break locks...

So Velo is now the second squad lock picker! And funny enough, breaking these people out of the cannibal poles is considered a crime.

We free one of the mercenaries....

And funnily enough I can talk to him and try to hire him.

: Th-they're coming for me!

Good!

Er, ok. Starting to get swarmed and people are falling and getting picked up by fogmen. Time to fall back.

We free a merc and he goes his own way...

Straight back into the fogmen :downs:

: Don't worry once we get in that gate you can all rest up and

: .... Well. gently caress!

: Ok they seem to be occupied so if we just hook around...

: I regret everything.

Time to sally out.

And then some scrawny cannibals decide they're gonna try and attack.

You know, since I had to reset NPCs I'm gonna have to eventually go back and take out the 2 cannibal leaders again...

The war leader for the HN raid tried running off so I made sure to sack him and leave him stranded in the fog lands.

: Didn't think we'd let you face the Holy nation without us, did you?

Well you kinda did! Also they sent a second reinforcement group for the cannibal raid. They say something like "The scouts informed us you were under attack." when they show up.

Doo doo doo... Getting our bow skills up shooting random bulls.

And here is something neat that I learned, allies can hop onto turrets.

Murdering more fogmen between raids

Pictured, the typical fogman 2 seconds after the groups clash.

: So uh, have you been paying attention to the purse lately?

: You know I can't do that numbers stuff, thats why I hired you.

: Well... I hope you know about weight, and notice how light the purse is

: What?! How?! Where is it all?!

: Well... You said Beep made some friends while you were exploring the Black Desert. We received a package recently...

: Its all inside.

: Masterwork arms and a single masterwork leg. I don't get it.

: A skeleton dropped this off for "The Master".

: Friends said Beep can become an alchemist, equivalent exchange for more skeleton parts, Beep becomes full skeleton alchemist.

: .... How much is Beep's bounty?

: I have a better idea. Moll has some bounties for the Holy Nation administration. Just so happens High Inquisitor Seta is down in Stack.

I take the primary and secondary squad on down, along with all our hiver archers.

The odds are not... stacked in our favor.

The usual turrets set up, though I'm not sure if the first set can actually hit us if we're close to the gate.

One flaw: There is barely any guards at the gate to keep us in view of the turrets :v:

Ooooor the guards are behind the gate... and all decide they're gonna run out of their defensive position at us.

Not gonna look a gift beak-thing in the mouth. Goomba stomping time.

: The dark demoness blackens her!

: YOU!

: Paladins rally! There is a seductress among us!

:biglips:

Oh, oh poo poo thats a lot of them now. And an inquisitor leading the charge.

And its at this point I realize I neglected to give Shootaboy ammo so he wont be a shootaboy today.

But its fine, flying drop kick inquisitor's heads. its fine. The more we take out on the field the less we have to deal with inside the city.

And then a bunch of hungry bandits attacked the city.

And even better, they got the turrets distracted.

Rush 'em! Just gotta get inbetween the buildings and we'll be safe from the turrets.

Nice alleyway to hold a choke at, let them come to us.

And I set up the archers on the roof to take potshots at anyone below.

... Though everyone besides Shoota is using a toothpick crossbow and are only doing 1 damage a shot. Yeah I really botched this one.

Taking a peek inside of the police hq throne, got a few prisoners we can break out to help us.

Just holding position so we can heal up. Annoyingly with the whole "private" bed stuff we can't use any beds in town. We're currently doing a hostile takeover but using someone else's bed is just NOT acceptable. We can't even rent beds at the bars.

As annoying as it is for the Okranites to keep getting up, the more we beat them down the more likely they'll bleed out and we wont have to worry about them getting up and charging from behind when we storm the HQ.

A day has gone by and the alley is getting a bit corpsey. Also we need food.

: Looter!

: That'll be the least of your concerns today.

: You! Stop that!

: Sinful thief!

: :jerkbag:

And thats how Ibble slapped around a tavern keep so much his head got all bloody for some bread. Could've been worse. You wouldn't want to know what would happen if it was over toilet paper.

And things get a bit hairy in our alley, suddenly 4 or 5 inquisitors come rushing in and they are some beefy assholes.

How many Goontang does it take to knock down a single inquisitor with both arms broken? Way too many.

Agh!!

And Jimmy lost his other arm now. Good thing we got conned out of all our money for skeleton arms.

While all this is going on, we see a humble HN citizen running around. There is a special reason I'm focusing on him.

He is staying home. Which is something other people should be doing right now.

Dugite is learning you party hard in Goontang when you pass out in the blood of your enemies.

: Just wait 'til I get my hands on your necks, slavers.

: Alright Seta wont come out, so we'll get him to come out. I got the perfect plan, just get Lettuce and Rockppolis on standby.

: Seta! Your pull out game is weak!

: Okran, I am your sword. Okran, I am your executor.

: ... Please tell me he got knocked back.

: Barf!

Oh come the gently caress on, could've hit any other body part like the 100 head or 99 stomach, nope. Hits the chest.

: And with this holy sword, retribution will be served. For the murder of Okran's apostles.

: In the name of Okran, be purged, unholy one!

: I will escort you off these premises.

: You are banned from the property, do not step in here again.

: This is more degrading then getting my money taken by skeletons.

: Is this still part of your plan?

: gently caress planning, we'll go with the Goontang primary tactic

: Run in and hit everyone until they stop moving!

Megane and Noire go after Seta, meanwhile Ibble and Lela open up the prisoner cages.

And then Seta proceeds to hit both of them for 45 and 55 damage. Don't know HOW he managed to hit 2 people on complete opposite ends of him, but he did it dammit.

Then he proceeds to hit Agnu for 94 loving damage :lol: (would've been 114)

Its fine, its fine. Time for the Goontang trump card: Throwing bulls at the problem.

Now direct your eyes to the right corner, where you'll see that one of the bulls hit him in the head for 141 damage... except Seta negated 124 of it :tviv:

Yeah we are doing a death by a thousand cuts here as we are lucky to hit any of his armored parts for more then 20 damage. Assuming he doesn't outright block it.

But we pull through, after setting up 2 bulls to smash his head over and over again.

Checking his gear and... you'd think one of the 3 leaders of the faction, especially with his stats (80s all around), he'd have something stronger then a loving catun grade weapon. Specialist armor by the way.

Alright time to book it. We pick up whoever was still collapsed in the alley and head home.

Well this is new, we got Shek running around now.

Make way make way, big drat heroes coming in!

And Jimmy gets a second skeleton arm. I also replace his standard quality left arm with a masterwork.

: ... The high inquisitor?! Take him to Moll, Lela.

: That's another inquisitor down... The Holy nation should never had underestimated Flotsam.

: Got a present for ya.

: And I helped.

: I thought he might come in useful to you.

: And he sure will! Once I've gleaned the info I need from him, Flotsam will finally have the upper hand. Gonna sing like a bird for me when I'm done with you, eh, 'quisitor?

: When you're ready to take down the next target, talk to my ninja's, Lela.

Moll hands over this note, if we talk to a Flotsam ninja while holding it they'll follow us. Another way to get this is when we first talked to her and talked about taking down the HN, instead of saying we'll do it alone we say we need some help and she'll give a note.

: And it looks like we weren't the only ones waiting to attack the Holy nation. They've got their hands full fending off the Shek from the south after the defenses were left open... A perfect distraction while we attack Okran's Shield, don't you think? Taking out Valtena will hit their military numbers even more so that we can finally take back Blister Hill.

: Feels good to be a big drat hero. Can't wait to home and go back to crushing iron plates.

: Are you forgetting something?

: What?

: Moll didn't pay us anything for this.

: ..... Ffffffffffffffffffffffff

: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 9, 2020

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Wow, that whole thing was quite a comedy of errors :v:

I approve of everything except forgetting my ammo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah I'm not sure how I managed to forget that. I keep everyone with bolts and no one actually uses their crossbow at base, they all use turrets.

Also apology for the haitus. 2020 is not having the best start. Especially for us cRiTIcaL EmpLoYeeS

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Leal posted:

Yeah I'm not sure how I managed to forget that. I keep everyone with bolts and no one actually uses their crossbow at base, they all use turrets.

Also apology for the haitus. 2020 is not having the best start. Especially for us cRiTIcaL EmpLoYeeS

Take your time, an LP for an esoteric game on a dead, gay forums should be your last concern!

Malah
May 18, 2015

Welcome back! This is amazing to watch, as always, because you're still making a show of getting speed bumped by Seta.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Leal posted:

Look on the bright side, at least the government is probably paying other people more to stay at home than we get actually working!

*sob*

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
:sigh:

But at least its another update! :golfclap:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its been a while and due to a mix of covid related stress and my forever tomorrow attitude to making updates, the forums are most likely gonna die before I finish it. If no resolution happens and there isn't a completely agreed on offshoot forum, my god I'll finish it off in video with lp test post links for previous updates (fun fact, I originally planned to have this be a video LP). Here is my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYl1h8v1Sg9MMAXVsho2REQ

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I mean, it's a sandbox game with not real plot - I absolutely assumed this LP was going to be "finished" by getting abandoned on a whim.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The end goal was taking out the holy nation and Cat-Lon

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Honestly forgetting about it is probably the most Kenshi appropriate way for an LP to end. But will subscribe to the channel if it picks up again there at some point!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

tildes posted:

Honestly forgetting about it is probably the most Kenshi appropriate way for an LP to end. But will subscribe to the channel if it picks up again there at some point!

Seconded on both counts.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Inquisiting the Inquisitor

I like the cut of this guy's job, so I busted him out. He decided to turn right back around and run further into the Foglands. Guess he really wanted to leave this lovely life and I mean hell, same.

: And single one is wo

: What fresh hell is this? Whats in the bag?

: Its a head ooooooOOooo

: No, seriously

: No seriously. Sordas is teaching me this numbers stuff so we don't have another Beep mistake.

: I got the stickers sticking the fogmen with their sticks

: And thats how you take out one of our semi-related brethren at 30 paces.

: And Guarstine is taking everyone fogprince hunting

: Now what you gotta do is dig your knee between their shoulders, rest a hand under the chin aaand

: You eventually get used to the popping sound :shepface:

: And the proceeds from the bounty on the heads is buying hash for Beep to sell.

: Hold it right there, civilian.

: Beep's got this, Beep has experience.

: Why is Lettuce running away?

: Whoa! Behind you, quick!

: Aaaah! What?! [turns around and looks]

: [Wings illegal goods out of sight]

: Wh-what are you talking about, worm? There's nothing there!

: Oh, it was just a really ugly person. False alarm.

: ...!

: No more talking! Open your bags!

: No! And buy your "sister" a facelift, it offends my eyes!

: You goddamn piece of... I'll make you pay!

: Grab him!

: Ever feel like you made a big mistake?

: Ever since we left Rebirth.

We got an alternate take on a previously seen dialogue

: Now that Beep is the ultimate warrior he needs some real fly girls

: Hey, I'm a fly girl!

: N-nani?!

: gently caress you say, Beep?!

: Is... Is anyone else female?

: AAAAGGGHHH

And then Beep falls unconscious for a minute :raise:

Heading elsewhere to peddle our hash...

: Heard about Seta?

: Course I heard about Seta! I ain't livin' in a cave....

: Holy Nation's going to poo poo now he's gone... Okranites are freakin' out, Shek are gettin' stabby...

: Haha. Yeah.... Not a good mix.

And speaking of the Holy Nation... :getin:

Something I have to admit, I had to import cause whenever this event popped it kept spawning on Seta, all the way back at the Flotsam base. Now its led by Valtena, the other high inquisitor on our hit list.

Of course the AI is a bunch of CHEATING FUCKS, but this kinda works out cause its less people attacking the door. And Valtena phased in without his escort...

Valtena is currently getting crabbed on and he is getting hit for a hundred damage several times... minus 96 from his toughness stat. This guy is gonna be a right fucker to take down.

Props by the way for Fat Samurai who is fixing and shutting the door, keeping the paladins from swarming in.

I then came up with a plan to take down Valtena, as I'm keeping the bulls busy doing AoE on the number of paladins at the gate. I got some of our crossbowbugs taking shots at the inquisitor, and sure they're only doing 1 damage... but each bolt stuns him. So I got New Wave Jose, Ruzihm and Power Walrus staggering their shots to keep him stunlocked.

Oh hey look at that Valtena has an arrow in the part where his leg bends haha funny joke

After getting several bolts to the knee left arm he collapses.

Swooping on in I check his gear, an Edge Type 1 hacker weapon. Not bad at all, and thank god I got him preoccupied with the bows. Imagine if he hit a robot with this, what with his high strength, it being an edge type 1 and the +50 robot damage.

Once he falls its some relatively simple cleanup. The other inquisitors he brought are right fuckers, but with the rest of the paladins down they eventually get ground down.

Valtena bendy boi confirmed. Is that a phrase people say?

*googles*

Oh people call that one mickey mouse ripoff bendy boi coooooool

: They told me I couldn't fight. I proved them wrong.

: Someone get me a drink...

: Didn't think we'd let you face the Holy Nation without us, did you?

gently caress. OFF.

I'm regretting setting up right next to a holy mine cause HN raids spawn right there.

In other news congrats to Slaan who gets the high inquisitor's weapon.

Time to take a trip with Valtena. I already gave Seta to Flotsam, they don't need another inquisitor. Otherwise they breed.

How about taking him to Stack?

Stack has been taken over by the Shek, not only that but the Shek have also moved their headquarters to Stack. Left me quite confused when I went to Admang

Also here is a line that I forgot to take screenshots of, I'm sorry. We were stopped by a guard at the gate

: Smuggling checks. Open your bags, outsider.

: Think me, a Shek Warrior, a smuggler? Humility.

: Hmph.

: Such trickery does not run in the mighty Shek blood.

: I wont treat a warrior a weasel..... Go.

The leader of the Shek is around, but will not talk to us. Even with the bounty in our arms. However Bayan here...

: The one and only.

: Mmh... It really is... Our most infamous of enemies.

: Speak to Esata, kin. She'll be honored by your company.

: *nods*

: Speak with me, Lela...

: This day, I name you a warrior of Kral, an honorary Invincible... Lela The Battle Born!

: Honor to Lela! Glory to the Battle Born!

: (note, this is said by every Shek guard in the building) Honor to the Battle Born! Glory to the Battle Born! HHHHRRRAAAGGGHHH

: Let it be known! An enemy of the Invincible Battle Born is an enemy of the Shek! Favour, Battle Born... Take my daughter, Seto. Teach her. My blood is hers. She'll prove her worth to you. Trust.

: Seto. Well met, Lela.

: You hear that? I'm an honorary Shek, AND an invincible.

: I'm going to war with the Phoenix.

: ... You will not fight this fight without the Shek Kingdom. We fight with you, Battle Born. Seta of Stack is defeated, my warriors continue their war with the surviving Okranite dogs of the south. Now is our time! The Phoenix will be next. Lead my warriors to the summit, Blister hill...

: What a battle it will be! Glory to you, Invincible Lela.

Kinda weird we're discussing this while you're tucked into bed but maybe this is Shek culture. The title isn't just a title either, we are now allied with the Shek

Sure enough, we can talk to any Shek leading a group or even gate guards to get them to follow us or defend our bases.

Now heading over to Flotsam for a spell.

This is my favorite subtle gag and I don't think anyone will get it.

: This is it, Lela, the Phoenix' oppression is finally over and he's quaking in his holy boots... We're coming for him. We're ready to take back Blister Hill. When you're ready to attack the Phoenix, talk to my ninjas, Lela.

Heading eastwards we can see that Okran's Shield has been taken over by the UC. Something I gotta admit, when I walked over here after allying with the Shek it was them who had this place. I kinda preferred the UC being here though so I reloaded, walked here first, THEN went to the Shek. By the way, this is where Valtena would've been if we went looking for him.

Speaking of the UC... what do they gotta say about the inquisitors getting got?

If it aint Tengu himself.

: Guardsman! I want some sake!

: Yes, Lord Tengu, your highness.

: And some dried meat! I'm hungry!

You're a drat leader of a nation and you want dried meat?

: Of course, Lord Tengu.

: And a leviathyn! Tame me a leviathyn!

: Anything for your highness.

: Tomorrow we shall trample some farm peasants, kwehehe!

: Ah... HA HA HA, genius my lord.

Well Tengu wont talk to us, but there is this guy sleeping who we can talk to, Koin.

Uh... loving rude??

So because we are allied with the Shek we can't talk to Tengu, and we are pretty much unwanted in UC lands. But what if I showed up before allying with the Shek?

: Such a good girl... So much better then Eyegore.

And thats all :geno: Also I have no clue what the HELL he means by Vlahahlena, maybe its the UC name for Okran's Shield?

Now you may have been wandering about our new recruit... well first, let's head on over to Mongrel with Seto.

As an apology for taking so long, welcome to the fold Volmarias, officially. As you can see, Seto has some crazy good stats which makes it very worth allying with the Shek.

While we're in the area, why not take a look at some of the unique recruits of the place? Oh and the local bar is talking about the high inquisitors being "murdered". Check the LP, Goontang clan has not directly murdered a single soul.

One of the recruits is this fella right here.

I'm not gonna lie, I thought his name was "Infinite Highwang" which greatly amuses me to no end.

: What do you mean? You want a fight?

: Infinited Wingwang is for hire! So hire him! Leap on this rare and valuable opporunity you must!

: How much?

: Infinite Wingwang is no small purchase my feathered friend! Infinite Wingwang costs 100,000 Catan credits. No less!

: What?! I could get 10 Infinite Wingwangs for that!

: Fakes! You don't want 10 fake Infinite Wingwangs! What on earth would you do with them?

: Maybe I do.

: Very well, 10,000 cats. How's that?

: Pffft, get out of here.

Maybe if his name was Infinite Highwang. Fun fact: one of the options is something like "No, 5k cats. Also I'm changing your name"

Here is another recruit. Dear reader: Posture check. This guy didn't believe in posture checks, look at him now. Is this how you want to be?

: Join my squad!

: No.

Well gently caress, we tried.

: Why do they call you "Crumblejon"?

: Because of my crumbling bones. That's enough questions now.

: Can you actually lift that weapon?

: No. Go away.

: That's a really long beard.

: It's the source of my power. Stop pestering me!

: Why are you so old?

: LEAVE ME ALONE!!

: Join my squad!

: FINE! I'LL JOIN YOUR STUPID SQUAD!

: Yay :buddy:

Dear god he isn't any better standing up.

And welcome Thyrok. Is that all the goons who asked for names? I think thats all the goons who asked for names. Anyways not bad strength and honestly, for a free recruit his skills aren't bad either.

We do need to get some muscle on him, stat!

Of course he quickly gets his rear end beat and uh... well.

: This wouldn't have happened back in my youth... They wouldn't have landed a single hit on me. Ah, to be back in my prime again.. I fared well in the UC, you know. The nobles found me "exotic", see... But then my lord passed and I was left an old ronin dog, drifting the lands unwanted. Now I'm the butt of jokes. My bones crumbling away along with my fame. Nothing ever lasts. Status never lasts. You'd do well to remember that, young'un

What the hell is this guy just me talking to the younger people at work?

Now I went ahead and made the usual armor for our new recruits and had Fat Samurai hammer out some weapons and look at what he made. I got a mod that allows a crit chance at getting Edge 1, this was ungodly lucky cause it wasn't even on the highest level smithing bench, this was one that would make MK1-3 weapons. This is going onto Volmarias

Who can chop off several fogman arms with a single swing!

Time to toughen people up for the inevitable Blister Hill invasion. Gonna clear out the nearby HN bases.

: Evil be smited!

: What are-!

You know its kinda sad knowing that soon enough, we will not be hearing about evil being smited or the taint of darkness. Unless this becomes a kingdom hearts lp hahahah am I right guys

: Wh-what's happening?

Have I mentioned Lost Drone NPCs? They tend to wander around Holy Nation lands, which is really not good for them considering the HN attacks them on sight. Anyways be free buddy, no paladins gonna be attacking you tonight.

And we'll leave this with a shot of Thyrok hugging the floor, a rather common thing that'll be happening with him I think.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God drat, the forum changed hands before I got this out. I'll keep blaming 2020 and the fact the rear end in a top hat who owned the last house I lived in sold it during a god drat panemic, one hell of a shot in the dark got me the place I'm living now.

Speaking of living at places, I mean next update has to be the last one right, cause we're gonna take the Phoenix down and all... but like.. what if there was another update or two and we moved elsewhere? What if we had one final base to name in a dangerous and almost end game sense of an area? What would we name this place? Also neptunia related names are blacklisted

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I've always been wanting to call something Double Hell, but I don't know if that would be appropriate.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 15, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tombot posted:

I've always been wanted to call something Double Hell, but I don't know if that would be appropriate.

This.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Base should be named Here Be Spoilers or 2020 in a Nutshell

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Donkringel posted:

or 2020 in a Nutshell

I originally had a joke opening where I had a picture of my backyard and how ash is falling from the sky and the sky was orange and go "wait, this isn't kenshi, its loving california!" but then like 3 months passed and the joke wouldn't hold up

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Leal posted:

I originally had a joke opening where I had a picture of my backyard and how ash is falling from the sky and the sky was orange and go "wait, this isn't kenshi, its loving california!" but then like 3 months passed and the joke wouldn't hold up

would still work tbh

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope my namesake is still doing ok with his awesome robot arm. Doublehell is a great name!

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Donkringel posted:

2020 in a Nutshell

This seems appropriate.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

Ash is still falling from the sky, so it would still hold.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Bugging the Phoenix

Dammit I wish I knew that *checks playtime on steam* 370 hours ago!

I got Fat Samurai pumping out weapons, anyone who has a weapon under the MK class got an upgrade.

: Think yourselves swordsmen, outsiders? Then try me! Raise your weapons!

Among the Shek patrols, there is also the Kral's Chosen. They're a group of Shek that openly attack outsiders, kinda like Berserkers but with better stats.

Also during a shopping visit this guy managed to get stuck on our wall.

I'm amused by Thyrok's posture still being hosed up even when laying down.

Before taking on Blistered Hill we need to do some real training. And I hear of a powerful warrior down here on the southwest side of the map.

Also a bunch of ruins are down there, could be good to check them.

: Med kits? Back in my day we didn't have med kits!

: Yes, you did.

: Oh.. yeah, we did.

: ....

Of course going through Vain we run into more beak things. They aren't hard its just that drat AOE when we're all clumped up.

Er, pardon? owo?

: Ah! Senpai desu!

: Senpaiii!

: What's this?

: SENPAI NOTICE MEEEEEE

: Head pats! HEAD PATS!!

: *excited giraffe noises*

: Nani?!

: Grab me by the neck and swing me around like the naughty giraffe that I am sempai!

: What

: The

: FUUUUU!

: UUUUCCKKK?!

: What?

: Where the hell am I? What happened to those... those THINGS?!

: We got swarmed by a bunch of beak things and you took one too many hits. Took out 3 myself.

: Where they screaming weird stuff and have hosed up eyes?

: Think you took one too many, just your regular beak things. Took out 5 all by myself

: How could you miss it? Their eyes took up like a third of their face!

: Think you need to lay down for a bit longer, we could all use the RnR. Especially after taking 7 out by myself.

Welcome to Last Stand, its a town divided into 2 sections. one being more civilian with shops and a bar, the other being more military with a bunch of barracks and police stations.

: I'd like info. What is this place?

: Mmh, this place? ... A fortress

: Is there a history to the fortress?

: Mmh, a glorious one. Here we mark where the great Kral died, in a battle against one hundred swordsmen. To walk upon this soil, it is an honor for all.

: Why is it here?

: Pest control. It is here in this fortress that we hold the borders against the bugmaster.

: Bugmaster?

: Mmh. Bugmaster.

: Why are there so many old people here?

: ???

: Passing. They come to die as Kral did. To find death in battle against the bugmaster.

Sounds like its time to piss all over tradition.

Either I never zoomed the camera out far enough, or this area allows the camera to go really high, but its funny seeing exactly the square area that the game loads up.

Welcome to Arach, home of the Bugmaster.

Grey rocks, spikey things all over, red rain, looks forboding.

: The Crater... every treasure hunter's dream and every treasure hunter's doom. Rumour has it the Bugmaster keeps endless riches holed up in his tower here, enough to buy every city in the outlands. Can't say I'd mind risking my own doom for a piece of that.

: I'm just curious as to what the hell happened to the Bugmaster to get his loin cloth so bunched in a knot.

: Well, now's your chance to ask him yourself.

Oh by Bugmaster, did I mention the bugs were spiders? This place isn't called Arach for nothing.

In the center of the area is some water, amazingly it isn't acidic. Nothing of worth to find in the submerged, tipped over building.

And hey, with the water slowing down the spiders I set up our hiver gunners to take some shots and train up their crossbow skills.

... But gently caress is there a lot of spiders.

God drat spiders making a beach landing, this poo poo is in my nightmares. You see a spider in your bathtub and managed to wash it down the drain. Next day that fucker is back. Itsy bitsy spider is a false flag operation! SPIDERS ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN AND THEY'RE GONNA RISE UP

*ahem*

: No respect in war these days.

There are... a LOT of loving spiders running around. All the adults have stats in the 40s and they loving hurt. Also they don't get stunned (all animals don't) so while someone is recovering from their attack, the spider just strikes back instantly.

Eventually though I made my way to the middle and here it is, the throne of the Bugmaster. Weirdly enough the building itself is called Bugmaster.

It might be hard to see but oh god, red spiders :gonk: Thankfully they only seem to be around this building and not among the patrols.

Annoyingly, all the bodies going up the ramp has knocked a handful of people off the edge. Thankfully they weren't knocked into an area and got stuck.

Now let's see whats in the building proper.

More spiders, Bugmaster you cad.

The second floor has the man himself and holy poo poo look at those stats. 95 in everything, and 103 loving defense. However he isn't armored so this shouldn't be that bad.

The third floor has some.. cages? Also a single red spider. I'm assuming if you get defeated the Bugmaster chucks you up there.

I'm taking a rest on the first floor and letting everyone heal up, and to my horror the skin spiders are coming up here to eat the bodies of the red spiders. I start picking up the red ones and leaving them at the bottom of the tower so skin spiders don't walk up and undo my healing progress.

While here, here is a close up of a skin spider. Don't you just want to pinch its mandibles?

Oh hey sup Bugmaster. Wait, what?!

And he proceeds to knock Arkanumzilong the gently caress out and hit Mr. Bones. The armor reduced the damage by 73... but still let 82 through

I'm trying to get him into a 1v1 so he doesn't gently caress up the entire clan in a single swing with AOE for fairness and cinematicness but he REALLY wants to gently caress up Mr. Bones, who he proceeds to hit for 100 loving damage.

: Will you loving turn and fight me ya coward?!

And at some point Drakenel lost an arm.

... and Vadoc lost a leg. Also Volmarias and Ardryn have been bodied.

Ok, finally, let's get this duel handled. One on one you mother fu

God drat, 72 damage, with 68 mitigated.

Aaaand Lela just lost a leg.

Bugmaster proceeds to rush over into a crowd and bops Last Transmission for 105 damage :lol: He also knocks out New Wave Jose

Then he turns and hits Ibble, AnilEhilated and Slaan for a combined 244 damage.

OK Bugmaster you had your fun, time to put this dog down.

... He just loving clonked Ruzihm for ONE HUNDRED THIRTY SIX damage :gibs:

Being a hiver I have no idea how that didn't kill him or chop a limb off.

But finally the beast is put down and Ibble makes quick to pick him up before he stands up and gets really pissed.

And on his person is a Meitou sabre weapon. And a half used bandage.

: Gently, gently!

: Kinda hard to keep a steady hand WHEN I'M MISSING A loving ARM

: THIS is how you fight!

The best way to fight is twisting your left arm so your finger tips point in the same direction as your right finger tips when at rest.

Well no one died, though AnilEhilated got really close with stomach damage at -65. Lela and Vadoc lost a leg while Drakenel lost an arm.

Let's see if it was all worth it. This chest must hold all the treasure that the rumors claim the Bugmaster holds.

... Thats it?! A bunch of loving teeth and a piece of paper?!

Alright, gently caress this. Lets get out and get paid. The real treasure was the friends we made along the way.

While taking another direction to leave the area, cause coming in I had to swim which took for loving ever and kept getting me ambushed by spiders, I found this lookout tower randomly out in the wild.

And then I find a bounty hunter camp, full of bounty hunters. More importantly they have bedrolls that I can use.

Oh all these yahoos were here to get the bounty.

: No! NO! The victory was to be mine, you stole it from me!

:smug:

If the bounty hunter was a Shek, we would've gotten this line.

: With the Bugmaster gone, I must find a new enemy worthy of my passage to the other side... [They glare at you with bloodthirsty eyes] The Bugmaster slayer perhaps...

: So... How about we agree to never speak of the Bugmaster's treasure again?

: ... Deal

: That's the Bugmaster!

Oh I finally found a shek flag that wasn't angled weirdly for a dialogue box.

: Here walks a warrior of warriors!

: *clap*

: The Stone Golem will want to see this. Go to her, kin.

After resting and getting some food we continue heading to the Golem when we get accosted by these yahoos.

: So it is you who claims the glory of the Bugmaster?

: Maybe the gutless lackeys of the Stone Golem lap up your lies, but I don't buy it

Pictured: Ibble literally holding the Bugmaster.

: Only through trickery could a bug man ever winsuch a victory. Prove your glory to me with your blade, Ruzihm!

Wait what? Why credit Ruzihm, he was coughing up blood.. or ichor.. whatever hivers blood, on the floor!

And then some paladins also join the fun. Why are these paladins this far south?

: Now this I must see...

: You defeated the Bugmaster?!

: It can't be...

Its tough being so popular /humblebrag

Oh hey I was looking for god drat ever for this wanted poster but never found it. And of course after finding him I find this. Anyways look at the lies on the bottom.

: Guess you're happy that Beep got all those prosthetics, huh?

: gently caress. You.

Even worse, the only prosthetic legs we got are for left legs. Lela and Vadoc lost their right leg.

We do however got a masterwork XLR limb for Drakenel. And hell, Drakenel also gets the Bugmaster's Meitou saber.

Alright time to grill this guy.

Sadly none of these options do anything. So what if we were to parade our catch outside of the Shek lands?

Moll wants nothing to do with him.

Tengu and the other guy in the UC capital still wont talk to us, but going to Heng and walking into the trader's guild HQ has this

: I'm happy for your catch but please remove your bounty from my premises. The jail is OUTSIDE.

Prick. Also turning him in to the police station gives no unique dialogue.

If we were to ask to join the anti slavers, usually there is a requirement like being hostile with the UC, they wont just take you in for nothing. But being known as the Bugmaster slayers lets you bypass that.

Only one place to turn him in.

: Hm hm hm! I should have expected no less of the famous Battle Born.

: Honoured legendary Lela

: :smug:

And with that... it is time. I head the primary squad over to Rebirth.

Show them our note from Moll (it isn't consumable, wish I knew that earlier!)

Secondary squad heads over to Stand and uh.. well. I try asking them for help.

: Ask one of the patrols outside of town, they will help you.

You ARE outside of town! The town is behind us :argh:

I manage to find a group near Blistered Hill thankfully.

Primary squad with a handful of flotsam ninjas...

Secondary squad with a crew of shek warriors...

It is time

: What are you doing?!

Some nomads came for a visit and are freaking the hell out.

: Paladins rally! There is a temptress among us!

And skeletons, and "dark ones", and stickmen...

Aaaand I hosed up by not setting everyone to hold and some people rush the HQ and aggro all the tougher paladins in the building before I was ready.

: Be gone, AGENT OF DARKNESS!

There he is, our good friend the Phoenix. Stats are in the 80s (minus dexterity)

And he proceeds to knock out Lela with a 77 damage hit. But thats ok, it could be worse. Not like she got hit for...

ONE HUNDRED SIXTY. And thats after 38 damage was negated. CommisarMecha almost got hit for 200 loving damage!

Its ok, I send in our secret weapon.. and the bull does 6 damage. Out of a potentiol 129. Yes, the Phoenix's armor reduced the damage by 123. Good lord.

AND CRANE GETS THE KO! The Phoenix wasn't wearing a helmet and Crane managed to do 2 strikes to the head for 56 damage each.

Ibble promptly swoops up the Phoenix.

: Kidnapping! Victim to the seductress!

Checking his gear, everything he has is masterwork (minus the pants)

Something I realized really late is that the buildings have crossbows up top, I set about fixing that problem.

The center area is just becoming a bloodbath. Goontang, Flotsam and Shek just running everywhere and smashing everyone to the floor.

Among the paladins, there is this guy called Protector of the Flame. He has a 15k bounty and actually has stats better then the Phoenix, almost hitting the 90s. Hilariously though, he has a loving rusty weapon so his hits aren't that much better.

: It can't be!

: Death to the Phoenix!

: Okran bless us all!

: Praise CommissarMecha!

What!? He is laying on the floor and coughing up oil!

: Lock him up where he belongs!

: Hoorah!

: Hrm hrm! This is a sight to behold!

The Shek warriors aren't quite as vocal in their happiness over the Phoenix being downed.

Now that the phoenix is in custody, now comes the harder part: Everyone is wounded, including our allies. A bunch of goontang is currently ko'd and they're in view of several crossbows. I pull whoever is still up out of the area and start patching up wounds.

The little Beep who could, crawling along the floor with babby goats. I also send runners in to grab people and drop them back off among the group.

Cause the Okranites are starting to take priconers. CommissarMecha, Angry Lobster and Velo end up in prison.

Not just them, but a bunch of flotsam and shek warriors are locked up as well.

Eventually everyone gets moved out, anonyingly the paladins and their long reaching weapons slows down the healing process. Especially since we can't use the beds here.

Then another problem arises, paladins start mounting the turrets and shooting at us, so I start pulling everyone behind this building.

Oh and Beep lost a leg. I believe this update holds the record for the most delimbing.

Eventually Velo wakes up in his cell and gets to work picking the lock.

And he sneaks his way up top to where Angry Lobster is at. His mighty 16 stealth keeping him hidden in broad daylight.

Successfully got Angry Lobster out and Velo just sprints out and toward the goon puddle.

And talk about cutting it close, Angry Lobster was down to -69 (HEH) on his chest.

I had Ibble run back to Retribution to lock up the Phoenix, just making sure Ibble doesn't get knocked down and the Pheonix gets back up. Ibble brings back a leg for Beep.

The only problem left is CommissarMecha. For whatever reason I cannot get into the building, I can get right up to the door but can't get into it.

While I figure that out, everyone has healed enough that I make a second push into the area and start clearing out the rooftops.

I then start popping locks and busting everyone out.

: This has been fun, Battle Born!

And our contract with the Shek ends and they peace out. Well, they walk away while fighting anything hostile.

Thankfully Commissar's cell is close enough to the wall that Ibble can pick through the wall and grab Commisar. Now that we got everyone back and patched up, its time to head out.

: We've got a runaway!

This single paladin who can't even stand desperately tries to bar our path. And we just walk on past :cool:

: So, can I now FINALLY take a stroll in the grasslands without holier-then-holy paladins breathing down my neck?

: And the Skeletons can FINALLY take over the world in peace?

*awkward silence*

: ... It was a joke.

: Hm hm hm.

: See. The Shek gets it. And the Shek never get anything...

: Mmh?!

: Jokes, I meant jokes. Of course you 'get' things.

: Mm...

Time to talk to our little friend.

Thats boring. I found this dialogue that I couldn't get to fire, supposedly all you have to do is have him be a prisoner and have a female character talk to him. But maybe the prisoner recruitment mod is messing with it? Anyways here is the CANON thing that he said

: Who are... *As recognition seems to slowly dawn on his face, his mouth hangs open in shock and his eyes start to bulge*

: Excuse me your Holiness...

: Ah... AHHH!!!! AAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!

: Uh...

: SSHHRREEEEEE!! SHREEEEEEE!! PALADINSSS! A.. WO... WOOOOO...!!! WOMAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! SAVE ME HIGH PRIEST!! A DARK WOMMAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Let's take him for a walk, shall we?

Takign him to Flotsam

: Burn him at the stake!

: You did it! We finally did it!

: Long live Lela!

: Long live Ibblebibble!

: Lock him up where he belongs!

This may be the last time we speak to Moll, I'll miss the fact that her appearance is randomized whenever I import and she has different hair styles every time I talk to her.

: Oh I'm going to enjoy our little catchup. But first things first, we need to plan our attack on the Holy Nation, while the nest is riled. Knowing the notoriously calm Okranites, their rage will surely blind them... We can't miss our opportunity! I'm going to need you by my side. We're gonna make history, Lela.

: And me, of course *snort*. The reign of the Holy Nation had to end some day. I'm just glad you and I could be the ones to do it. Rot in the abyss, Phoenix.

: *thump thump thump* (I presume this is thumping the table)

: Honored Lela.

: Kudos

Now lets rewind a bit, we still go tthe Phoenix. I stop over at Blistered Hill and there are a few destroyed buildings and it is now owned by Flotsam.

In fact, all the nearby military bases and assorted mines and farms have been claimed by the Shek. I'm sure the one by Retribution wont change cause we're too close to it.

: That vile mutt on your shoulders...

: Is that the Phoenix?!

(Esata): Is that really.... The Phoenix?! Take him to Bayan, kin.

Now whats weird is that talking to the Golem fires off talking about the bugmaster, which plays the same as when I turned in Valtena, just with the proper nouns replaced. Then she offers to have Seto follow me again. Sadly this didn't bug out in a way that gave me a second Seto. Anyways I kept trying to get her to fire off her Phoenix dialogue but I couldn't, she kept looping Valtena and Seta, so here is what she would've said

: The weak Okranites are lost without their Precious Phoenix. Amusing... Such panic and squabbling amongst themselves has ended up destroying their own capital before we coudl take it. Good. I do not care for slaughtering feeble flatskin civillians. We have our own prizes to keep, the grass plains are ours and the Holy Nation is finally dead. You never fail to live up to your reputation, Battle Born. You and I have earned our place on the other side and we've restored Kral's glory once again. All shall fear the name of the Shek... You are a rival for Kral himself, Invincible Lela.

Can I just say how great this game is for making you feel like you accomplish poo poo?

But thats not what we went with... lets rewind again, and go all the way back to Retribution.

There is only one way to take care of the Phoenix.

: They come for me... But I will be reborn. The Phoenix will live on. Praise to Okran!

A self righteous prick to the end.

: AAAAAAHHHHHH!

: Well, now that we've finished what we've set out to do, now what?

: I'm gonna head to Blistered Hill and help Moll with clearing out any remnants of the paladins. Everyone is free to take what they want and go their own way.

: Hmm, this was in the Bugmaster's chest. The Ashlands hmm?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Haha that was great :allears: a friend of mine made the baka things mod and it's amazing seeing that pop up

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

My leg!

Great update. :D

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Anticheese posted:

Haha that was great :allears: a friend of mine made the baka things mod and it's amazing seeing that pop up

I just had to get it in there somewhere. Fun fact for those who haven't played earlier version: Beak things used to actually say things. Provided it wasn't anime schoolgirl dialogue, but it was stuff like "Relax. Enjoy death". Imagine these things saying that as they wrecked your crew.

And hey, still having open submissions for the new base name. Now you know exactly where we'll be going. Voting will close.. maybe monday night. I dunno, my boss is a cock and I only have tuesday off... except I come back on wednesday at 3 am so yeah its not really a day off at all.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Leal posted:

And hey, still having open submissions for the new base name. Now you know exactly where we'll be going. Voting will close.. maybe monday night. I dunno, my boss is a cock and I only have tuesday off... except I come back on wednesday at 3 am so yeah its not really a day off at all.

USA 2020

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
You are far better at this than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I'd go with just 2020. In a sense it is a place. In hell.