Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

I got all excited because of course I did but on googling that nendoroid figure came out sometime late last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is it. This time for reals.

I don't believe you.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Silksong bought off by Nintendo to be the flagship launch title for Super Switch after they couldn't get Mario 128 working in time (unfortunately they're still using 64-bit processors)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Cicero posted:

Silksong bought off by Nintendo to be the flagship launch title for Super Switch after they couldn't get Mario 128 working in time (unfortunately they're still using 64-bit processors)

yep this

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
(Me, in the alternate universe where mark wahlberg prevents 9/11) poo poo, I can't choose between the mario 256 and hollow knight: zotewars gamecube 6 launch bundles

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmfao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

this only happens when you submit a completed game, right?

right???

You don't actually need to submit a completed game because the ratings board does not literally finish every game it rates because that would take forever. I think as a matter of practicality it's done very late in the process though.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

turtleface posted:

I never took it off

I was born with clown makeup.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
IIRC (and it is probably different with different rating boards) you can certainly submit for a rating before being feature complete but if you did do it early then you’d need to resubmit again later when it’s done (in case the changes made would change the rating). So practically there’s no reason to do the process multiple times and instead you’d do it when you are done, if not feature complete at least.

The figurine presale is more interesting to me, presuming the seller has permission to sell it and it’s Team Cherry sanctioned and not some illegal knockoff thing. Can’t imagine a reason to sell that unless the game is coming in the same time frame.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Good Smile/Nendoroid are a legit company.

I didn't know they had done Hornet. I did know about Hollow Knight, though. And I don't think it is a Silksong figure so much as a Hornet figure. Is the little buddy she has Silksong or HK?

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

So It Goes posted:

The figurine presale is more interesting to me, presuming the seller has permission to sell it and it’s Team Cherry sanctioned and not some illegal knockoff thing. Can’t imagine a reason to sell that unless the game is coming in the same time frame.

Posted upthread, I’m not sure what’s going on with that Amazon listing “preorder” but that nendoroid figure came out in Nov 2023. You can buy it right now on CrunchyRoll.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You don't actually need to submit a completed game because the ratings board does not literally finish every game it rates because that would take forever. I think as a matter of practicality it's done very late in the process though.

the ratings board had to finish the game and find every secret

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

spaceblancmange posted:

the ratings board had to finish the game and find every secret

That's why it's been taking so long to release op

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

mareep posted:

Posted upthread, I’m not sure what’s going on with that Amazon listing “preorder” but that nendoroid figure came out in Nov 2023. You can buy it right now on CrunchyRoll.

That’s so strange to me. I get having preorders up, but as an example could people buy and get delivered whatever Elden Ring figurines months before the game came out?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My understanding is that ratings are not even done by playing the game, they submit a 'sizzle reel' of potential issues and content to the ESRB and they rate it based off that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should base it on releasing it tonight

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I notice that it got 'PG' which I guess means it's gonna be a baby game for babies?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
No hardcore bug on bug action?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

bleepanada

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

I notice that it got 'PG' which I guess means it's gonna be a baby game for babies?
No, the PG stands for vaPorware sGhitshoe

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Martman posted:

No, the PG stands for vaPorware sGhitshoe

They're really on the cutting edge of classifications

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NmareBfly posted:

Hornet only says "gently caress" once

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Hornet only says "gently caress" once

I heard there's funny frontal nudity but without genitals

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bad news everyone. Silksong has been rated AO due to it's new feature of real-money online gambling.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to gently caress other bugs to death with my feather duster, er, "sword."

That's the one thing I hate about this game, and metroidvanias in general. I want the enemies to die as easily as I do. Not bosses, though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Upgrade your nail

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1780219598505144668
So when you sleep in clown makeup, do you have to touch it up every morning?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Surely this time

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

yippeeee \🤡/

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

THIS IS IT

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Hogama posted:

Some people find the smeared and slightly sooty look makes you look more authentic, like a relatable working-class clown. Depends on whether you are a perfectionist I suppose.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VS52sEUqxMo

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Last year I took a week-long intensive clowning course with someone who trained at/teaches at Gaulier. It was one of the most demanding things I have ever done as a performer. Spiritually and mentally exhausting; it made me doubt everything I knew about my comedy skills gained over the last 15 years.

The last exercise we had to do was, as individuals, stand up in front of the rest of the class and confidently state that we thought Silksong would be released that year. We were only allowed to sit down when the audience believed us. It took one woman 25 minutes. Nearly half an hour of repeating "I think that later this year I will be playing Silksong" to a silent room. Eventually, though it was said through floods of tears, we believed her, and she was allowed to sit down.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I can't wait to gently caress other bugs to death with my feather duster, er, "sword."

You're logged in mate, the word filter isn't turned on

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they want to gently caress the bugs

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1780219598505144668

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Shaa.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

honest question- has any other game led to a thread to reach 83 pages on nothing more than a trailer? i'm kind of in awe at the amount of hype around this game with almost zero hype machine being run by the developer