Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

I picked up a package from aliexpress yesterday with what I can only say is a definite sign that Silksong will release very soon.

Look at the sender! There is no relation at all to the seller I bought from or to the actual product (a viofo car camera thanks seller for helping me avoid import taxes).

The rest of the words under Team Cherry can only mean the following:
Everyone!
Silksong
Nearly
Arriving!
Hooray!

e: also got a page snipe, the signs keep piling up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Recite one precept per day and when you are finished Silksong will be installed on your system of choice

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The timing feels a little too convenient for there to actually be any news today but it does seem like we should see something soon

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
it's mostly funny that they've driven everyone so mad just by near-complete radio silence for like 5 years now. if they'd just offered a tiny update from time to time i don't think people would be quite as crazy

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They're doing a variation on the Cartman theme park strategy

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

lih posted:

it's mostly funny that they've driven everyone so mad just by near-complete radio silence for like 5 years now. if they'd just offered a tiny update from time to time i don't think people would be quite as crazy

they literally have and it doesn't help. Also I can't remember specifically, but didn't they even say they weren't going to save a reveal for an event and were just gonna tweet it out when they're ready? Which doesn't stop people either

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Womp womp.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

lih posted:

Silence
is
like,
konfirmed
signification
of
no
game

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
mark hamill revealed himself as anti silksong recently so sorry

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They announced Steamworld Heist 2 so Silksong wisely stayed away to avoid being overshadowed.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1780219598505144668
So when you sleep in clown makeup, do you have to touch it up every morning?

I'm still reeling from how epic Silksong was here. I can't believe it came out today!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Guys I dunno if I'm playing right but I'm stuck on the Maggot Bros. Should I just come back later with some more Grubcoin or is it something you can smash through by attrition after getting the Worm Honey?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
By now you should have reached at least the halfway point of the premium Beetlepass? You should have more than enough Grubcoin.

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Guys I dunno if I'm playing right but I'm stuck on the Maggot Bros. Should I just come back later with some more Grubcoin or is it something you can smash through by attrition after getting the Worm Honey?

Which nectar are you drinking before the fight? I think green is a bit of a trap option for that one, I had better success with blue.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/anemonesiac_/status/1780605853252321702?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
plot twist: the silksong trailer? There never was one. That video was an elaborate hoax cooked up by some game design undergrads at the community college for 200 bucks

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Nintendo is paying to keep silksong down so that 10x more people watch every single direct for 10 years straight.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

See ya’ll at the next Direct announcement.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIxBA5lmJR0
close enough.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

how many "hollow knight at home" games are we up to now? crowsworn, deviator, whatever that is, any more?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lost Fungus and Haiku the Robot.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

those have their own identity at least, they're not just legally distinct hollow knight

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
nine sols is pretty distinct as well. certainly moreso than crowsworn or deviator

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nine Sols looks like it's going to so drat good.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

repiv posted:

those have their own identity at least, they're not just legally distinct hollow knight

I'd still say they count for Hollow Knight at home

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

hollow knight silksong is nearly finished, just the finishing touches to go but it has become so large it needs more storage space. time to delete some old games off the hard drive, starting with myth 2

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Team cherry gave people such a need for hollow knight that others have started making the closest facsimiles they can.

By not giving us silksong they've given us more hollow knight than we could ever have imagined

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it'd be funniest if Silksong releases the same day as the Elden Ring DLC, so they should do that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The resulting quantum singularity would wipe out all life on this planet.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Nine Sols had a great demo and it has an amazing visual style. Plus it's being made by Red Candle so by purchasing it you are literally and figuratively flipping of Winnie the Pooh, the Mayor of China.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
160 new posts and not a poo poo to shoe

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I won't get excited anymore but one day soon, I will open up my phone and click on the little frog and I'll see the red switch logo with Silksong written next to it at the top of my favourites with a quadruple figure of new posts, and then I'll know.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

guys

guys

this time

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1782424651299213679

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Silksong at an iD event? Bap and nada, until it is done.

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
At first I was excited about Silksong then I saw the tweet. It started off intriguing me with Epic Trailers but then it blew my mind with Fresh Gameplay.

I'm going to say that again. Fresh Gameplay. As if my normal Gameplay were stale, as in food. But now, they're offering, maybe even SERVING UP FRESH. GAMEPLAY. HA

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Xbox indie has burned me too many times…!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Xbox indie has burned me too many times…!

bugs attracted to flames, clearly this is the one

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

This is it, this the big one. Elizabeth I'm comin to see ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Oxxidation posted:

nine sols is pretty distinct as well. certainly moreso than crowsworn or deviator
I tried a few demos/betas of this because I backed it and it is indeed excellent. The last beta was like two thirds of the game though so I didn't play that.

There's also a game I saw recently that looked similar in terms of art style though it was heavier on platforming instead of action

Edit: it was Bo: Path of the Teal Lotus - https://youtu.be/6BxwY6cNBZM

Cicero fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 24, 2024