Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Seems like the actual Hollow Knight thread has become a withered husk, while this, the Silksong thread... has become infected...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Bogart posted:

Game’s out soon. I saw it
Team Cherry and Hollow Knight were in the closet making sequels and I saw one of the sequels and the sequel looked at me!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

So there's gonna be a copy of the game inside the magazine, right?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fargin Icehole posted:

I want the game NOW
You should try Bugsnax, it might scratch that bug itch (note: don't scratch bug itches)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

HMS Beagle posted:

So can you confirm if she's void or not?
a gentleman kisses and then is unable to speak

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

I take it there was a huge glut of info about Silksong including a potential release window and no-one is posting about it because they're still too busy picking their jaws off the floor.
The game was actually contained entirely inside the Nintendo Direct. Everyone was able to play it only during those 50 minutes and now it is gone forever.

Still game of the decade though.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Silksong is going to release on a new console that is actually a terrarium full of real bugs.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I heard if you kill 1000 Zotes in the Eternal Ordeal you'll unlock Silksong

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hollow Knight 2: Bugsnax with Guns

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

guys I'm starting to think maybe this thread was made a little bit too soon
Yeah I mean, I respect Early Access and everything but there are just way too many bugs at this point.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

YggiDee posted:

So about those scans, they aren't great quality, being phone screenshots but they're certainly readable.

I did ask one of the mods before posting this, it should be okay
After perusing these scans I've decided it would be cool if Silksong comes out.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Every time someone posts in this thread thinking it's the main HK thread, Silksong gets delayed another month.

But this link helps: https://hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Dream_Nail

If you don't wanna get spoiled, tl;dr there should still be way more than enough essence, so you've probably missed a couple bosses. Worst case you can get rare essence drops from normal enemies but it really shouldn't be necessary.

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 8, 2021

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I mean seriously though, did you use the Dreamgate like 800 times? Or do you just not want to get spoiled on what bosses you probably missed.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Wait are we talking about the Unbreakable versions of Strength, Heart, and Greed?

'Cause uhhh I'd say only go for those for the sake of completionism if you want. Like, they are absolutely the very last thing I would ever spend Geo on.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Oh no, my precious geo.
Sure like, it's not even that precious! And yet, those are still literally the lowest priority thing to buy.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

If you play in steel soul mode then you don't even need to upgrade the fragile charms, #lifehacks
Thank you for the much needed update on Hollow Knight Silksong

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

It already came out and it's great!
Ok but when does Hollow Knight 3: Dung-dirge come out

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Well good job dude! I figured by "it really isn't a game for me" you'd mean you were getting your face stomped over and over for the first hour but you're extremely good at it for a first timer. Having a buddy there to decide exactly how much to tell you is a pretty cool format for a blind LP.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Kinda surprised no one mentioned the surprise release yesterday. Ho hum.
We were too busy mourning Mario's death dude, read the room!

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

Hey I don't know how relevant this is for the thread but I've started a playthrough of the game completely blind up on the LP forum and figured people might be interested?
wtf this MFer beat Hornet on the first try

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How do I get past the bonepit at the end of the coal reef? I just got the ability to make temporary platforms and not sure where else to go as I'm pretty sure I poked around everywhere else.
Think back to what the mantis guy said before his wife bit his head off, it'll come to you

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is it like Crow-Sworn or Crows-Worn? Do you wear the crows?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ymgve posted:

It’s a fake account
you don't like Team Cherry's vido ganes?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

So nice of them to wait for my birthday to suddenly release Silksong along with the showcase.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

fuk u

sorry I mean... it's a cool video. but still

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

silksong and sports story have both been delayed because both aussie dev teams want to announce it together, which will be tomorrow
maybe they're gonna collaborate on a cricket game?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think they will probably release the game when it is finished.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

The weirdest thing is how they pivoted from the style of hollow knight to a 3rd person on rails shooter. Kind of weird, but I guess it makes sense that it's taking so long.
Like Killer7? It's really the obvious choice when you think about it, gamers just wanna complain

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I dunno if you can really pin down King's process without accounting for cocaine

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

I mean yeah, the main inference from that tweet is that it's nowhere close to finished (which is fine btw) because they said they're looking forward to sharing more info when it's close to being finished. They haven't shared any info, ergo, it isn't close to being finished.

It's nice to know for sure now though.
Actually it says "closer," not "close"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hollow Knight: Threadshittercutter

that looks really cool though

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Only 1 year and 5 months since the Edge magazine article.

Can't remember if anything weird happened during that time that might have messed with development.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Weird how it's the same poster pretending they said that.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

No I meant Cactus, the person who has been melting down for 3 years straight about this game. Around that time Team Cherry also said they were excited to share more info when it was "closer to release" and that turned into "the game isn't even close to done"

Martman fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 10, 2022

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

Melting down lol. They said they'd have more to say when it was close to being finished. That means it isn't close, which I was just happy to have some confirmation of. That's it.
No, they said "closer."

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://www.thegamer.com/team-cherry-hollow-knight-silksong-news-update/

quote:

Team Cherry Says That It "Can't Be Too Much Longer" Until Hollow Knight: Silksong News

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

None of us have actually played HK, we're just into the hype

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

That's not an opinion that's a fact

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ymgve posted:

a tweet of a youtube video in the format of a tiktok video, about some text quotes on a discord server

nice info, but I hate the format
You can go to those godawful youtube shorts and just replace the "short" in the url with "watch" to make them not be as garbage anymore: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRpWCZxQbu0

e: still a pretty silly video, but I can't help but enjoy the hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

don't do it, that wasn't the real hornet it was nosk in disguise