Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Tombot posted:

That gets me thinking, does hornet have some kind of Silk gland like a spider or did she smuggle some silk under her robe and wait for the right moment? Is her silk spool literal thing or a metaphorical one, and if the former, where does she hold it?
And should I really be asking these questions, knowing full well the consequences of diving too deep into the potential hidden workings of a cartoon insect videogame character.

In the trailer, when Hornet hits enemies what looks like small strands of white come out, and her silk spool is refilled a little. So I'm going to go ahead and say that she doesn't have a silk gland and that the silk and spool are literal. But probably also magical and/or metaphorical too.

Plus in the lava boss intro at 0:58 in the trailer you can see what looks like puppeteer strings on it and its arms. That's got some cool implications for the story for me given that you're going up instead of down.

Well that's enough words and speculation from me about a game we've only seen the trailer for.

Super jazzed though, I only just 111% Hollow Knight two weeks ago (I'm not good enough to finish godhome, and I'm okay with this)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Small update from team cherry today: http://teamcherry.com.au/team-cherry-holiday-sign-off/

Not too much, but we already don't deserve team cherry so no complaints. I'll wait as long as it takes.

2 new Larkin tracks posted though, and they sound great.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Anno posted:

I can listen to Larkin's melancholy tracks all day. They were such a big part of the first game.

:agreed:

It was more bittersweet than melancholy, but I literally sat with Quirrel and listened to the rain and music of the city of tears for like 15 minutes.

I already love that the score will probably be 30+ tracks and focuses on strings as a theme to match Hornet. I'm a sucker for deep, broody cello too, hope Larkin does some magic with that.

Just noticed too that those 2 songs are free to download on his Bandcamp.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
First I was all: Ba pan

But then: Nada

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

No Dignity posted:

For real, just find another hobby. Even just find another game lol

You know what, you're right - I've decided I'll get super into Bloodborne instead, got a new PC and everything.

wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Cactus posted:

I started elden ring a few days ago and it seems pretty big so by the time I've finished that Silksong should be out.

This might have a chance of being true only if you finish the DLC too