Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Those are fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cactus posted:

I'd pretty much forgotten about this game until I went to prune my bookmarks list just now and yeah, I'm happy to carry on forgetting to wait for it because there are a zillion other good games I can get around to, but man, if I had been a backer that had put up cash just to get to that stretch goal I'd probably be past the disgruntled stage by now at the lack of any updates or timescales. A gif of some cartoon bug character and a small piece of a soundtrack just isn't going to cut it.

What an absolute vapourware shitshow.

Lol, relax buddy. With the amount of free poo poo they put out for the first game, and the fact that they are turning the Hornet DLC into an entire new game which will probably contain over 100 hours of content, I don’t see how anyone could be upset. I want Silksong to come out as badly as the next guy, but getting angry over it is childish.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Foehammer posted:

Ok, so now it's not coming out tomorrow???

No it still is, don’t worry.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was amazed how easy most bosses were my second time around. But that was after spending a bunch of time in Godhome doing all the boss gauntlets so it makes sense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Mantis Lords marks the point where I stopped liking Hollow Knight and started loving it.

Yea it’s a brilliant fight. The Sisters of Battle fight is :discourse:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why isn’t anyone talking about Silksong? I get replaying Hollow Knight for continuity, but come on, I’m stuck on the Beetle Prince fight. Any tips?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

White Palace is platforming at its best. It’s hard but not painfully so.

And the Grimm and NKG fights are absolute perfection.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beating NKG is such a good feeling. This game is amazing in the way that every tough boss is just a learning process that makes you feel like a god when you beat them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

*Chants ominously* PATH OF PAIN, PATH OF PAIN, PATH OF PAIN

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dantheman650 posted:

Working on NKG for the first time. It’s a tough fight but feels fair now that I’ve learned his attacks. I can get him to the second balloon bullet hell so all I have to do is keep working on being consistent.

Edit: Got him! What a great fight.
https://youtu.be/DQGioombiqY

What charm is it that makes those little flying helpers ?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Martman posted:

Team Cherry and Hollow Knight were in the closet making sequels and I saw one of the sequels and the sequel looked at me!

This made me laugh, thank you.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tomorrow! YES!!!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’m just hoping for any info at all.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just took the rest of the week off so I can play Silksong

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It will be all over the internet the second it’s released. Don’t buy it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s almost identical to Hollow Knight...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Zombie Guy posted:

Hollow Knight was originally supposed be a Super Nintendo exclusive.

Haha this gave me a good chuckle

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alxprit posted:

I would also like a status update, even if it's just something as simple as "everything's going well" or "everything's not going so well". As an anxious person, being able to plan for things like release dates of games really helps me keep my life on track a bit more.

You should just keep track of other games then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

All I see is when asked about the silksong release date, Team Cherry said and I quote “Much Longer.”

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What time is this event happening

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Time for a surprise New Year’s midnight drop

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Understandable

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any day now…

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vaporware shitshoe

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No Dignity posted:

It's going to turn out they just doubled the scope of the original game and made an unmanageable beast they can't polish into a playable state

That's my theory anyway, I think Hollow Knight was already pushing it in terms of length and it does seem like success may have given them enough rope to hang themselves

Nah

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

precision posted:

It looks like everyone in the world knows its supposed to come out soon, so maybe they're just waiting until like a week before to say anything

Lots of indie devs do things different from big studios, it's why we like them

Didn’t they drop the DLC for Hollow Knight with absolutely no warning? Like, “oh surprise it’s available for download right now.”

I wouldn’t put it past them to wait until the last possible moment to announce Silksong is coming out either.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Playing a platformer on M+KB is some psychopath poo poo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It was actually a brilliant marketing ploy to say the game was delayed and then surprise releasing it today

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ColdPie posted:

A fun video about HK glitches.

https://youtu.be/l27FjTEdcyM

Very interesting!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the original post called it a shitshoe

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yall should play Blasphemous 2, a game that actually came out and is good

I bought it and thought it was terrible :shrug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hell yes, downloading it now!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Listen we all drank a lot more than we should have during COVID, Australia is no exception

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

BapaNADA

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any day now!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s happening!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I will go a step further and state that under no circumstance will I watch those videos. In fact, I would rather die!