Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbGYfoVxb3E

They're about to showcase Silksong at the Nintendo Direct Treehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In honor of Silksong, i'm about to buy my 4th copy of Hollow Knight... for my Nintendo Switch!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
one thing I'm really hoping for in silksong would be if Hornet gets a dream boss battle vs our own Hollow Knight., but the fully powered up one. It would be really neat to be on the other side of that boss battle

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah, they’re small as a thimble, hyper agile, full of explosive dark magic, a master nailsmith, and have all sorts of weird attacks thanks to charms. A real fight with that little Nugget would be amazing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/mossbag69/status/1272658738793664513?s=21

This looks so good I am ready

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Both of those will come out before Silksong quite easily I think

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
At this point my guess is Silksong will be released between Halloween & Christmas in 2021.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
"!!!five new posts in the Silksong thread!!!"

:negative:

EDIT: Holy poo poo how spoiled have we become that an indie team of like 5 people spending 3 years on a game is "vaporware"... The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV would like a word...

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 14, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The game really tries to get you to ween off map dependence here and there, this is one of those spots

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is that a paper magazine or can I paywall a digital copy?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I already beat it and Hornet digitized me after I beat it and now she is my wife and I am the king of the bugs and we all come in for a HUGE PARTY

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not so destitute that I can’t spend $5 on a magazine

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Whatever the mechanic is, it sounds like you’ll be dying a lot while you get Hornet’s improved mobility under your belt. Just reading those teensy snippets got me super hyped!!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This thread would have literally hundreds if not 1,000s of posts if anything actually happened, if you see like 15 new posts it just means someone either started playing Hollow Knight and wants help or someone makes an epic post about how the 4 guys who made the best metroidvania ever are actually lazy because they haven't released a better sequel in less time during a pandemic.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You guys I’m playing it right now and it’s bad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All the cooking mini games are fun but I am
not a fan of weapon durability!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I organically had already bought everything by the end of the game so having a post game Geo sink while I cleaned up collectibles and grubs was good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao at how many Hollow Knight fans ITT are themselves joyless husks devoid of light or humor

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's a VN dating sim and I just maxed out Zote's boner

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Silksong: Death Stranding

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
All culture is derivative and memetic repetition is the foundation of cultural norms, which in turn format societal interactions and thus define the sociological constructs that make up our lives.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Mechanical influence aside, the art of the environments and backgrounds looks literally lifted straight from Hollow Knight, like the lamps and the spikes and buildings etc.

I don't have a problem with something that seems so heavily influenced, because if it's good, it's just another story set in this kind of universe.

It's unreasonable to expect people to just politely sit on their hands and only play one spooky-cute action platformer every 5 years when Team Cherry makes one.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What do you mean “produced”? Team Cherry made Hollowknight, is the artist from Team Cherry doing Crowsworn?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean I really want the game, Hollow Knight is very easily in my personal lifetime Top 10, but I’m honestly very happy to wait and let the geniuses tinker. Team Cherry being a small handful of dedicated wunderkin makes for a much more engaging story.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
At least Silksong has a title

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not actually horny, that’s just the kind of beetle I am!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder how long they worked on Hollow Knight for?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok, I sort of assumed that they’d at least done enough work before launching the Kickstarter that they knew how much more money they would need to finish. I always assumed Silksong would take exactly as long.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Why would you need a Macfarlane level action figure for a character that is essentially already just a Funko Pop? There’s nothing to over articulate.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The thing about being a game dev or a composer or an animator is that none of those things is a social media manager and shouldn’t have to be, so I respect their decision to just hunker down, and their decision to not hire someone to do it for them while retweeting cosplay and tattoos and fan films for 3 years to keep the hype train rolling. Video games don’t always have craft, hollow knight was dripping with craft, so I treat Team Cherry with kid gloves and will happily wait in silence until I die, never knowing if this game was real

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at the vapourware shitshoe goon being the one to cantankerously wonder out loud why Team Cherry doesn’t want to address their fans

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

What if Crowsworn is actually better? Wouldn't that be a thing.

I'm honestly very hopeful. Something being derivative doesn't preclude it from being good.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Silksong is the most wishlisted game on Steam

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
According to Makoto Koji’s Instagram account, she has completed her voiceover work as Hornet.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL what a fuckin edgelord

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No, they said “we’re working on it, it’s done when it’s done”

There are 3 of them, and one of them has to draw the entire video game… with his hands. It’s ok that it’s taking a while

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Martman posted:

Weird how it's the same poster pretending they said that.

Here is their patreon page: https://www.teamcherry.com.au/blog/hollow-knight-silksong-revealed

And in February they posted this

“Team Cherry” posted:

Almost from the very start, Hornet’s adventure was intended to take place in a new land, but as we dove in, it quickly became too large and too unique to stay a DLC, as initially planned. We do know that makes the wait a little longer, but we think the final, fresh world you’ll get to explore is worth it.

Hollow Knight: Silksong will be available, at launch, on Windows, Mac, Linux & Nintendo Switch. More platforms may happen! Just remember, we’re 3 people, already working rather hard, so we haven’t committed to anything else just yet. We don’t wanna collapse before we get this massive bug kingdom ready for you.

I really don’t know how else to interpret that besides “we’re working on it, it’s done when it’s done”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do you suppose they’re still just living off the Steam sales of Hollow Knight?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
lmao king poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
“We’d have to be assholes to keep quiet this long.” -Team Cherry, suppressing a mirthful giggle